Nike Covert 2.0 Driver Preview

Interesting. I loved this years Covert Tour however had better results with the RFX. The 2.0 is going to be on the list to try for sure. Interesting that it looks like the cavity has been changed a bit.

Interesting. I loved this years Covert Tour however had better results with the RFX. The 2.0 is going to be on the list to try for sure. Interesting that it looks like the cavity has been changed a bit.

Maybe a touch. But I'm sure there's a big ole cavity there. Just like the 2013 version.

I'm interested to see what improvements are in the 2.0. The original Covert (Tour) wasn't bad by any means but it was not among the top drivers of 2013 by any stretch of the imagination. Nike has a bit of a track record for having very hyped drivers underwhelm a lot of folks once they get them in their hands. I'd like to see them live up to that hype with a driver offering myself.

I'm interested to see what improvements are in the 2.0. The original Covert (Tour) wasn't bad by any means but it was not among the top drivers of 2013 by any stretch of the imagination. Nike has a bit of a track record for having very hyped drivers underwhelm a lot of folks once they get them in their hands. I'd like to see them live up to that hype with a driver offering myself.

Other than the Covert, when was the last Nike driver to get hype?

VRs and even the Sasquatch was hyped a lot in its time. And let us not at all forget the dymo's and the beeping adjustability commercials that were EVERYWHERE.

There is a certain high level of hype with anything Nike puts out, golf or otherwise. The Machspeed Black was hyped a ton due to the great looks but didn't deliver on the performance. The SQ and SQ2 were both must hits when they first came out, then people heard the sound and ran the other way. I think they've put out decent stuff, just never best in category type drivers....yet.

There is a certain high level of hype with anything Nike puts out, golf or otherwise. The Machspeed Black was hyped a ton due to the great looks but didn't deliver on the performance. The SQ and SQ2 were both must hits when they first came out, then people heard the sound and ran the other way. I think they've put out decent stuff, just never best in category type drivers....yet.

Sound is a funny thing to me. Some drivers get crucified for it. Some get over looked.

Nike Covert 2.0 Driver Preview

I completely agree. Funny thing and honestly I couldn't care less about how the thing sounds....IF it performs.

And the original Covert tour performed for me. Nike got the sound right with the Covert. The feel off the face and sound match. Miss the sweet spot, get a harsh sound and feel.

And the original Covert tour performed for me. Nike got the sound right with the Covert. The feel off the face and sound match. Miss the sweet spot, get a harsh sound and feel.

The last part is definitely true. I still love how this club has been performing for me.

interestingggggg

Interesting... I'd hit it...

Looks nice. I hope it can compete with some of the other things coming out.

I like the black sole, although I don't like the black sole when it gets all marked up from tees.

Amazing at how two people can be on two entirely different planets with a club. I honestly thought it was maybe the worst driver I'd ever hit. Now, in the interest of truth, I was using the stock shaft in both Regular & stiff, and did not use any of the aftermarket shafts. I hit nothing but low line drives with it, and absolutely hated the feel. That said, I really liked the color!

But I am glad it performed for ya blu!

I'm a fan. I think that has been established. I wonder if Nike advertised loft like Taylormade has, if it would have been more successful

I'm a fan. I think that has been established. I wonder if Nike advertised loft like Taylormade has, if it would have been more successful

No it wouldnt be.
It made a moderate jump in 2013, but years prior their equipment has been borderline irrelevant in terms of market share.

Nobody markets like Taylormade does... I think all of the top brands are fairly close in "distance"...

Color via Nike Twitter feed
atepy9u9.jpg

iPhone 5 Tappin

No it wouldnt be.
It made a moderate jump in 2013, but years prior their equipment has been borderline irrelevant in terms of market share.

I fully understand that.

My point was that I needed more loft than ever before with the Covert Tour. Granted, it opened my eyes on the awesomeness of high loft drivers.

Nobody markets like Taylormade does... I think all of the top brands are fairly close in "distance"...

According to science, the faces are equally responsive in the sweetspot for all drivers. It's just a matter how hot the face is away from the sweetspot.

Really like the looks of this one, much better looking IMO than the original.

According to science, the faces are equally responsive in the sweetspot for all drivers. It's just a matter how hot the face is away from the sweetspot.

Science. You're silly.

That driver is pretty nice looking, though.

Back