Nike Covert 2.0 Driver Preview

Love the looks!

I dont get it.
There is nothing in there about anything other than trying to make something look cool.
How about getting feedback from a tour player on actual performance and putting that up?

I like it. I will be certainly seeking it out to hit. I still ponder the 1.0.

Looking at it with color now...I still don't buy it. That driver would really have to crush the ball for me to want to buy it. It looks to gimmicky to me, and maybe that is why I'm not fond of it based on looks alone.

Didn't even hit the Covert last year, though don't know much about this yet, it still looks good at least.

I wonder what the spin and flight will be like on this club, liking the colour, more so than the first (the white on the sole really makes it better somehow IMHO)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wonder what the spin and flight will be like on this club, liking the colour, more so than the first (the white on the sole really makes it better somehow IMHO)

If its anything like the first, I would imagine low launch low spin. Especially in the tour version

I like the look but I also liked last years model. I'll be interested when I hear what this driver has inside tech wise that will help my game.

If its anything like the first, I would imagine low launch low spin. Especially in the tour version

Liking the sound of that, might hold off buying the r1 v2 tour issue for this

Liking the sound of that, might hold off buying the r1 v2 tour issue for this

The previous version was low launch and low spin as well. It might be worth trying the current Covert Tour. Just to see if it is a design you would like to experiment with.

The previous version was low launch and low spin as well. It might be worth trying the current Covert Tour. Just to see if it is a design you would like to experiment with.

If my Miyazaki b.asha was white I would've gone taylormade (it's more cream,or dirty white)
And the white grip I got for it isn't working with it, I'll have to try the tour 1 then :D
Was trying to get an all taylormade bag but it might not happen.

If my Miyazaki b.asha was white I would've gone taylormade (it's more cream,or dirty white)
And the white grip I got for it isn't working with it, I'll have to try the tour 1 then :D

I have the B Asha in my Covert, the combo looks great.

I like that you're so conscience how the shaft/head/grip color marriage.

I had a Matrix White Tie in my Covert for most of the past summer. It was a good looking club. Now, I have a Golf Pride Niion green grip on it with the Fuji. Looks fun.

I never did get the chance to hit the first Covert driver. I will admit this isn't at the top of my list for new drivers to try, maybe it will surprise me.

I like that you're so conscience how the shaft/head/grip color marriage.

I had a Matrix White Tie in my Covert for most of the past summer. It was a good looking club. Now, I have a Golf Pride Niion green grip on it with the Fuji. Looks fun.

I'm quite fussy when it comes to golf
Dunno why, I'm not that fussy with anything else in life.

Schwartzel, Fisher and RORS all using the Covert Tour 2.0 with success this week......anybody got a chance to put 1.0 side by side with 2.0?

Not yet. I am excited to see what has been improved in though.

Not yet. I am excited to see what has been improved in though.
Same here. I'm feel like I slept a little on the 1.0 after a so so demo session and not really spending time with some of the shaft selections and looking the trackman numbers myself. Something I won't do with the 2.0 this spring.

Same here. I'm feel like I slept a little on the 1.0 after a so so demo session and not really spending time with some of the shaft selections and looking the trackman numbers myself. Something I won't do with the 2.0 this spring.

I remember you pounding mine in Illinois. That white tie held up well for.

I remember you pounding mine in Illinois. That white tie held up well for.
That's what has my interest peaked about the 2.0, this year. I yours really well with the White Tie. While still a little high launching, a little soft I hit it pretty well. I think about 1.5* less loft and X and I would been there. I've been looking around, seeing what I can find out there for a head that I can pair to red tie or white tie. But demoing the 2.0, this spring is high on he list. And getting a better grasp of the numbers as I'm hitting it.

With the 1.0 I much preferred the looks of the Tour model to the Performance, but this year, from pictures only, it looks like I'm really digging the looks on the performance model more. I don't even think it's the white, but the grey vs black on the sole. Nike rep at our sample sale this year didn't have them there to look at like he did last year for the originals unfortunately. But I know he'll be back at the range shortly after it opens in Feb/early March so hopefully I'll get a chance to see and maybe hit them.

With the 1.0 I much preferred the looks of the Tour model to the Performance, but this year, from pictures only, it looks like I'm really digging the looks on the performance model more. I don't even think it's the white, but the grey vs black on the sole. Nike rep at our sample sale this year didn't have them there to look at like he did last year for the originals unfortunately. But I know he'll be back at the range shortly after it opens in Feb/early March so hopefully I'll get a chance to see and maybe hit them.

I agree 100%. The looks on the performance model are a major improvement.

I think the Tour head improved from a c shape to more traditional pear shape and now higher moi!!I'm excited!

Both Rory and Charl get wins with the 2.0 in the bag this past week. Not a bad start for the new release.

What's the size of the tour 2.0?
Apparently it's increased from the 420cc in the original tour but what's it increased to?
Really don't want it to be a 460cc head

Back