Nike Covert 2.0 Driver Preview

I didn't care for that shaft either. It lasted about 2 rounds for me before getting replaced.

I currently use the Tour shaft 70g in the non-tour head and love it. Can't wait to try the new one. Be awesome if the shaft tip stayed the same.

Sent from my iPad Mini using Tapatalk

I currently use the Tour shaft 70g in the non-tour head and love it. Can't wait to try the new one. Be awesome if the shaft tip stayed the same.

Very true, those are hard to come by.

I found the Kuro Kage to be too high launching in S and too boardy in X. I am curious about shaft pairing as well.

On a side note, Are there any pictures to share of the non-Tour version yet?

I really like it. The only driver I liked better than the Covert Tour this year was the SLDR, and if they've improved as much as I would assume, this may have to be in the bag next year.

Hopefully the killed some of the spin I got with the first one and have some better shaft options

Hopefully the killed some of the spin I got with the first one and have some better shaft options

Not disagreeing with you, but the tour head was a spin killer. Almost ridiculously so. Also, what other shaft options do you want, I got a 6x3 White Tie and Fujikura Motore F1 from Nike with the adapter perinstalled. I will agree, Nike does an awful job of informing the customer what options there are for shafts.

I really liked the original Covert head but the shaft was terrible for me. Let me put a black tie in this new head and it may be the greatest driver I've hit.

#ImWithChad

I really liked the original Covert head but the shaft was terrible for me. Let me put a black tie in this new head and it may be the greatest driver I've hit.

#ImWithChad

Black tie was available for the 2013 Covert

Black tie was available for the 2013 Covert

Yeah with a pretty steep upcharge if I remember. I got it stock in the RFX.

#ImWithChad

Yeah with a pretty steep upcharge if I remember. I got it stock in the RFX.

#ImWithChad

$180. And yes. It was a no charge option for the RFX. Which is awesome. I also took advantage.

Colored picture via Fujikura's Twitter account:

22a22808351e11e3818222000ae81e1a_8.jpg

I didn't hit the orginal too well, my spin numbers with it were SKY HIGH...could have been the shaft too

No cavity or am I blind (I am on the phone)?

Heard some really...interesting...thoughts on the Covert from a club designer. Fell in line with what I saw myself, that said, I'm curious to see how the tweaks/adjustments they made will effect it. Nike was the hype king last year with this but for most performance just wasn't there, I want to see if that changes this year.

I was thinking the same thing Jman. I heard the hype, got curious, then it fell off pretty quick with most responses saying it was good, not great. So, if this improves on the current enough, then Nike might have a (for real) driver.

Pretty sure the cavity is still there, seems like there was a flash effect on the picture that makes it look like it might not be there.

Heard some really...interesting...thoughts on the Covert from a club designer. Fell in line with what I saw myself, that said, I'm curious to see how the tweaks/adjustments they made will effect it. Nike was the hype king last year with this but for most performance just wasn't there, I want to see if that changes this year.

"Interesting" sounds like code for "not so good".

I take it the clubfitter didn't think it was awesome?

The back probably has the same reflective material as the headcover so it reflects.

"Interesting" sounds like code for "not so good".

Definitely indifferent. Some very interesting points were made, I'd love to hear the other side of things on it as well though. Starting to really enjoy the physics aspects of clubs.

I found the same thing at the demo day last spring! I loved the non-tour head with the Tour 70g Kuro Kage. Great launch and spin numbers. I should've bought that thing. Loved the feel, etc.

Covert was easily the most discussed club at The Outing this year... :alien:

If the Covert 2.0 performs as well as the original, then we're all better off.

Back