Nike DYMO Str8 Fit Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Here is the review that many have been waiting for. Please do us a favor and leave a comment under the review and let the company know what you feel about it. Thanks.

Packing this one up to go back today, I am going to miss it.

http://thehackersparadise.com/home/?p=2502

• Admin
Just sent this one back. Now I am sad.

JB sorry if this puts you on the spot but if you were choosing between this and the R9 which route would you go? (for your swing obviously, not everyone)

• Admin
Wrong forum to apologize I will always gladly answer this one. During our shoot out, they were dead even with me. In almost every category. Both were at the top of my list. But the wrench and the coolness factor of it, play a small role in my deciding that the Str8 would get the edge. But I really do not think you can go wrong with either driver.

Let me add that I do actually hit the Str8 slightly farther than the R9. I also hit it higher than the R9. But if classic looks and classic sound are your thing, I would favor the R9

Thanks JB, I'm really looking to get a stronger lofted 3 wood and perhaps go back to a 2 fairway wood set up. I'm leaning towards the R9 series I wish Nike had come out with a Str8 fit option for their FW's as well.

On a another note;

Nike has not produced any new hybrids in almost 18 months-2 years now, I wonder if there are plans for a Dymo hybrid?

Thanks JB, I'm really looking to get a stronger lofted 3 wood and perhaps go back to a 2 fairway wood set up. I'm leaning towards the R9 series I wish Nike had come out with a Str8 fit option for their FW's as well.

On a another note;

Nike has not produced any new hybrids in almost 18 months-2 years now, I wonder if there are plans for a Dymo hybrid?

I heard a RUMOR that a new hybrid should be out like August, but again that is a RUMOR, and I have no way to validate it.

• Admin
Let me ask them for you AJ that way we do not have to deal with rumors...hehe

Thanks JB, you're the best.

Let me ask them for you AJ that way we do not have to deal with rumors...hehe

That's why I capitalized rumor twice, and said it couldn't be validated, don't want someones hopes to get up because of my false hearings. But I'm excited to hear if they are making a new hybrid, I used to game a Slingshot Tour, I loved it.

Wrong forum to apologize I will always gladly answer this one. During our shoot out, they were dead even with me. In almost every category. Both were at the top of my list. But the wrench and the coolness factor of it, play a small role in my deciding that the Str8 would get the edge. But I really do not think you can go wrong with either driver.

Let me add that I do actually hit the Str8 slightly farther than the R9. I also hit it higher than the R9. But if classic looks and classic sound are your thing, I would favor the R9

JB, not to mention that a new driver from Taylormade can be expected to release in the near future (just judging by how Taylormade does things)

and by previous years, can expect the Str8 to be Nike's newest for awhile.

That's what gives Str8 the edge for me.

I'm waiting for the heat-seeking, automatic, R11.

I kid you not I had a dream last night I was talking to a Taylormade rep and he called the new driver coming out the R911.

Or maybe he was a cop...

I hope everybody sat through the entire video. Yes that was ME that told Trevor that he should get a job with Nike.

That was me as well. Although I knew the answer to that one, but was asked to ask it.

I have to say that I was playing with someone today that used this driver and both this and the DYMO are so nice. Watching this guy hit the Str8 a mile was nice to see. Funny story though, the guy was paired with us and was telling us how he just got it and had never hit the club before except into a net at the store. We asked him why he chose it, he said because he read a forum that had a driver shootout and it won out over some great ones.

I never said a word about it being our forum, but he had such kind things to say about THP that it did feel nice.

Haha, that is an awesome story JB. Should have asked him why he hadn't signed up yet.

Thought about it, but I was in a bad mood this morning, and felt it would come off wrong.

That's cool JB. I guess you don't have a THP towel on your bag?

I did, but it was hidden.

I have to say that I was playing with someone today that used this driver and both this and the DYMO are so nice. Watching this guy hit the Str8 a mile was nice to see. Funny story though, the guy was paired with us and was telling us how he just got it and had never hit the club before except into a net at the store. We asked him why he chose it, he said because he read a forum that had a driver shootout and it won out over some great ones.

I never said a word about it being our forum, but he had such kind things to say about THP that it did feel nice.

That is seriously the best thing I have heard all morning. That is so great to hear...

on the other hand. Maybe the "other" forum is having a driver shoot out. Oh wait no sorry can't be them, it would just include:

Titleist 909D3, Titleist 909D2, Titleist 907, Titleist 905R...:D

That is seriously the best thing I have heard all morning. That is so great to hear...

on the other hand. Maybe the "other" forum is having a driver shoot out. Oh wait no sorry can't be them, it would just include:

Titleist 909D3, Titleist 909D2, Titleist 907, Titleist 905R...:D

You are forgetting the 975D, 983K, etc. etc.

hahahaha, they might throw in some Cobra ones too...MAYBE, seeing how they are Acushnet.

But thanks for the laugh, Dent. hahaha

I was wondering if you got to hit the square version. If you did how straight was the ball flight and if you adjusted the angle then did the ball flight change dramatically or just a little? I am wondering this because I have read that the square versions produces a straight ball flight and I have a slight slice with my driver...So I was thinking if I would close the face a little if it would take my minor slice away??

We did not find much difference between DYMO and DYMO2. Before we reviewed the Str8 we reviewed both the DYMO and DYMO2 driver which are the same thing just set to slightly closed. We all actually preferred the round to the square.

Back