Nike Machpeed Black adjustment (STR8-FIT)

mojo88

Reaction score
I've got a MachSpeed black to tryout and am not sure how the adjustment settings matchup to the diagrammed flight paths. For example, if I want to adjust for more right to left (-1 face angle), is upright or flat more so?

How do the 3 diagrammed (blue) flight paths correspond to the settings?

perkis

Reaction score
Handicap
If you look at the diagram and number each setting (Starting from the top) going clockwise 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

then the "right" ball flight diagram (red) would be setting 7 (+2), 8 (+1 upright), 6 (+1 flat)

The "Neutral" ball flight diagram (Yellow) would be setting 1 (Neutral upright), 5 (Neutral Flat)

The "Left" ball flight diagram (blue) would be setting 4 (-1 neutral), 2 (-1 upright), 3 (-2)

This is my understanding of it.

I have a Nike Machspeed SQ square and this seems to be the way it works. They could have done a better job at explaining this I believe.

SW

Grinder
Reaction score
Handicap
Red is closed, yellow neutral +/-, blue open face

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

MikeF

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I have my str8 fit set to Position 7 to try to promote a draw or to eliminate the fade

Position 7 for me gives a higher trajectory

mojo88

Reaction score
If you look at the diagram and number each setting (Starting from the top) going clockwise 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

then the "right" ball flight diagram (red) would be setting 7 (+2), 8 (+1 upright), 6 (+1 flat)

The "Neutral" ball flight diagram (Yellow) would be setting 1 (Neutral upright), 5 (Neutral Flat)

The "Left" ball flight diagram (blue) would be setting 4 (-1 neutral), 2 (-1 upright), 3 (-2)

This is my understanding of it.

I have a Nike Machspeed SQ square and this seems to be the way it works. They could have done a better job at explaining this I believe.
Thanks for the correlation Perkis. They really did a bad job in explanation compared to the other's that have adjustability in their clubs.

MikeF - are you a lefty or a righty? For a righty, isn't position 7 the most left to right flight path adjustment (fade, not draw)?

MikeF

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm a righty, on my str8 fit 6,7 and 8 all promote right to left shots

My instructions have numbers on them and the blue ones are 6,7 and 8

Barberakb

USAF / Go Cowboys!
Reaction score
Handicap
He has the original str8 fit driver which is diverent than the one you have.

MikeF

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
My diagram is identical to the pic shown I have mine set to the Blue -1 +1 +1 setting (which is position 7 in my instructions)

runpuddrun

Back and Better than EVAR
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 14.8
This chart is like hieroglyphics... I'm trying to figure it out and just hoping I have it right. I have the 9.5, standard right now, 1.5* open. I put it in the #3 position (3rd blue from top) hoping to lower lie angle, from 59.5 to 58.5 and raise loft to 10.5 and close face angle from 1.5* open to .5* open. IS this correct or am I off my rocker?

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in