Nike Machpeed Black adjustment (STR8-FIT)

mojo88

Reaction score
I've got a MachSpeed black to tryout and am not sure how the adjustment settings matchup to the diagrammed flight paths. For example, if I want to adjust for more right to left (-1 face angle), is upright or flat more so?

How do the 3 diagrammed (blue) flight paths correspond to the settings?

5337904825_d0cc6f3071.jpg

If you look at the diagram and number each setting (Starting from the top) going clockwise 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

then the "right" ball flight diagram (red) would be setting 7 (+2), 8 (+1 upright), 6 (+1 flat)

The "Neutral" ball flight diagram (Yellow) would be setting 1 (Neutral upright), 5 (Neutral Flat)

The "Left" ball flight diagram (blue) would be setting 4 (-1 neutral), 2 (-1 upright), 3 (-2)

This is my understanding of it.

I have a Nike Machspeed SQ square and this seems to be the way it works. They could have done a better job at explaining this I believe.

Red is closed, yellow neutral +/-, blue open face

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

I have my str8 fit set to Position 7 to try to promote a draw or to eliminate the fade

Position 7 for me gives a higher trajectory

If you look at the diagram and number each setting (Starting from the top) going clockwise 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8

then the "right" ball flight diagram (red) would be setting 7 (+2), 8 (+1 upright), 6 (+1 flat)

The "Neutral" ball flight diagram (Yellow) would be setting 1 (Neutral upright), 5 (Neutral Flat)

The "Left" ball flight diagram (blue) would be setting 4 (-1 neutral), 2 (-1 upright), 3 (-2)

This is my understanding of it.

I have a Nike Machspeed SQ square and this seems to be the way it works. They could have done a better job at explaining this I believe.

Thanks for the correlation Perkis. They really did a bad job in explanation compared to the other's that have adjustability in their clubs.

MikeF - are you a lefty or a righty? For a righty, isn't position 7 the most left to right flight path adjustment (fade, not draw)?

I'm a righty, on my str8 fit 6,7 and 8 all promote right to left shots

My instructions have numbers on them and the blue ones are 6,7 and 8

He has the original str8 fit driver which is diverent than the one you have.

My diagram is identical to the pic shown I have mine set to the Blue -1 +1 +1 setting (which is position 7 in my instructions)

This chart is like hieroglyphics... I'm trying to figure it out and just hoping I have it right. I have the 9.5, standard right now, 1.5* open. I put it in the #3 position (3rd blue from top) hoping to lower lie angle, from 59.5 to 58.5 and raise loft to 10.5 and close face angle from 1.5* open to .5* open. IS this correct or am I off my rocker?

I've got a MachSpeed black to tryout and am not sure how the adjustment settings matchup to the diagrammed flight paths. For example, if I want to adjust for more right to left (-1 face angle), is upright or flat more so?

How do the 3 diagrammed (blue) flight paths correspond to the settings?

5337904825_d0cc6f3071.jpg
Ok I am confused! Go figure??? So does the yellow arrow go to the front or the back??? What do the white and yellow arrows mean? I have a SQ MACHSPEED 9.5 Driver

ALSO.... What does the "grip cap" have to do with all this???

Holly thread revival

Holly thread revival
Sorry! But like I said I just had this club given to me and have no idea how it works. If I can't figure it out then I'm just gonna trash it but it seems like a nice club.

Reactions: JB
Sorry! But like I said I just had this club given to me and have no idea how it works. If I can't figure it out then I'm just gonna trash it but it seems like a nice club.
No apologies, you are looking for help and i’m sure there are people here that can. I bet @Jman or @ddec remember our media presentation.

No apologies, you are looking for help and i’m sure there are people here that can. I bet @Jman or @ddec remember our media presentation.
So how do I get ahold of them? I really hate technology and know enuf about tablets and phones to make myself dangerous!

So how do I get ahold of them? I really hate technology and know enuf about tablets and phones to make myself dangerous!
They were tagged, if they have the answer they will share it here

Ok I am confused! Go figure??? So does the yellow arrow go to the front or the back??? What do the white and yellow arrows mean? I have a SQ MACHSPEED 9.5 Driver

give me a bit. I think I have a str8 fit driver downstairs. Might even still have the manual.

the grip cap IIRC was done to help golfers check out how the club was set up. On some of the other models they used to have a Velcro cap lookalike that went with the headcover so golfers could remember the setup if they were tinkering a bunch on a given day.

• Appreciation
give me a bit. I think I have a str8 fit driver downstairs. Might even still have the manual.

the grip cap IIRC was done to help golfers check out how the club was set up. On some of the other models they used to have a Velcro cap lookalike that went with the headcover so golfers could remember the setup if they were tinkering a bunch on a given day.
Ok ty

ok so as I said the grip cap aligns with the yellow and white arrows. Here’s a pic of the Velcro cap that is in the dymo headcover for reasons I mentioned earlier.

IMG_7088.jpeg

As for adjusting it. If you set the yellow arrow on the back end and the white points down on the club head, the cap should look like this…

IMG_7091.jpeg

That right there is neutral and stock form of the club. Reverse it and it’s still neutral but flatter.

Knowing that…the diagram posted several posts ago should help. You are going to open the face for a lower flight and close it for a higher flight. All based on the virtual loft you are delivering the club face at impact.

• On Fire
IMG_7092.jpeg

And if I’m wrong on some of that I apologize it’s been a long long long long time since I’ve looked at the older str8 fit system. Crazy thing is Nike went from this system to the best adapter in the game for 3 years before they closed up shop right @Jman

Ok so to add flight I want to go clockwise with the shaft or counter clockwise?

I have it set the way you said (yellow arrow on the back and white arrow pointing down on the clubhead!

And if I’m wrong on some of that I apologize it’s been a long long long long time since I’ve looked at the older str8 fit system. Crazy thing is Nike went from this system to the best adapter in the game for 3 years before they closed up shop right @Jman
I greatly appreciate your help and at least gives me a starting point. 👍

Back