Nike Method Prototype - Drone

cheffor

verified 20 handicap
Reaction score
Handicap
16 (OOB)
Suzann Pettersen has been using a pretty cool looking Nike Method Prototype putter the last few tournaments I've seen her in, the only reference I can find on it is from the WITB and it has it listed as "Nike High-MOI Method Prototype". Anyone heard anything about this putter? It looks fairly interesting and I'm curious since they don't really have a very good large mallet selection in their current line up.

img_20110823_174059.jpg

They have 2 coming out called the Concept and the Drone. Drone is more spider looking and Concept arcs back to a point. Can't post photos due to embargo dates that THP honors.

ETA: disregard this...guess we are past embargo dates since Nike is advertising it! I first saw it at the end of Cink's Nike video from last week.

Drone is pictured. The other we have to wait on.

Awesome, thanks JB and mcook. I guess my google skills are lacking having a name has brought up quite a bit more information on it though.

Not sure how I feel about the look of this putter yet. I think its the type of putter you would have to see in person.

Not sure how I feel about the look of this putter yet. I think its the type of putter you would have to see in person.

Something about this has me looking closer. I've been a big Nike fan in the past so maybe that's just it plus I just seem to putt better with large mallets.

Looks interesting. I am going to wait and say anything else until I see it in someones hands or some clearer pictures.

I might just have to buy a putter if it is called "concept" lol

This is something Id have to see in person and roll it. I dont care too much about the looks anymore if it just flat out works.

Looks, from the picture, like they are going for the spider look with this putter.

Tapatalk... Loved by me hated by the wife.

Sorry, I am just a traditional blade/anser type of guy. This looks like it weighs a ton, and I just don't like big heavy putters.

Surprised it took Nike this long to get a mallet this large onto the market with them trying to make a big statement in the putter market. It has an odd shape, but with a great insert like the core, I can see thing becoming very popular if it stays in the same price range as the current method core range.

Im looking forward to trying one of these out.

I don't know about the looks. Wow distracting. I just have a hard time with large putters like this. I know they are solid, but I have trouble putting with a space ship on the end of my shaft.

Interested in seeing how it performs. I actually wasnt a fan of the method core insert but like this mallet design.

Interested in seeing how it performs. I actually wasnt a fan of the method core insert but like this mallet design.

I absolutely love my Method Core 3 but these just do nothing for me. I am a traditional blade type of guy I guess. I saw a picture of the Concept, and most people will love it, but I just cant get in to those types of heads.

JB do you have one of these coming to THP hq soon?

Tapatalk: even Romosexuals use it

I just can't do the funky shapes no matter how well they roll, hell, that's why the Grace Triumph got sold form my group too. I love reading about how they work for others though, I just cannot do it no matter how many times I try.

Me too, I liked the Method Core's and I really like Mallet putters I'd like to see how this one performs.

This picture was tweeted by Nike today.. Its a little bit clearer
Drone.jpg
[/IMG]

Weight slots in the back like the Spyder?

The drone is a great looking putter. I'm excited to roll one.

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk

I actually like it, at first it thought it was kind of ugly but its growing on me quickly. I would love to roll one against my spider ghost

Back