ripper

Reaction score
Handicap
I hope this thread doesnt exist, I searched buy couldnt find anything. Anyway, I have played a few rounds in the rain lately and ruined one pair of shoes and another pair are on the brink. I am looking into getting a good pair of rain shoes, I have my eye on the Nike Bandons, but would love some input from someone who has tried them. I prefer Nike shoes because I know my feet respond well to them.

I think Kmac bought a pair of these. Hopefully he can chime in with his thoughts. Seem to be a decent offering that you can find for a reasonable price. Just please don't wear with shorts. LOL

I think Kmac bought a pair of these. Hopefully he can chime in with his thoughts. Seem to be a decent offering that you can find for a reasonable price. Just please don't wear with shorts. LOL

I was thinking shorts and some white calf high socks. Thanks Cookie, hopefully he has had a chance to use them and can help me out, rainy season will be here soon.

I have the Nike Bandon's and absolutely love them. I actually wore them for my round today. They are completely waterproof up to the ankle when laced and zippered up, and I mean literally waterproof, I dipped my foot in a water hazard towards the end of my first round with them just for the heck of it and nothing got in. They are everything I could ask for in a winter/rain shoe. I think they are definitely the best looking rain shoe (with pants of course). Ive had them for a little over a year and they still look great. The only bad thing about them is that they keep my feet too warm on non chilly days, which isn't terrible. Today was about 50* and my feet were sweating. Other than that, they are one of the best purchases I've made.

Like cookie said, you can find some pretty good deals on them. I actually got mine for $22 at a Nike outlet store. I think they were mispriced but they honored it.

I have the Nike Bandon's and absolutely love them. I actually wore them for my round today. They are completely waterproof up to the ankle when laced and zippered up, and I mean literally waterproof, I dipped my foot in a water hazard towards the end of my first round with them just for the heck of it and nothing got in. They are everything I could ask for in a winter/rain shoe. I think they are definitely the best looking rain shoe (with pants of course). Ive had them for a little over a year and they still look great. The only bad thing about them is that they keep my feet too warm on non chilly days, which isn't terrible. Today was about 50* and my feet were sweating. Other than that, they are one of the best purchases I've made.

Like cookie said, you can find some pretty good deals on them. I actually got mine for $22 at a Nike outlet store. I think they were mispriced but they honored it.

Holy crap! They are $88 at the Nike Employee Store. You got a smokin' deal!

Darn I never knew these existed looks like they'll work in bad conditions. Good luck shopping Ripper

Thanks for the info dude, that really helps me, I am going to grab a pair. Do you think they would be ok in warmer wet weather, like 70s? I play in Mexico, thats why I ask. If my feet sweat a little, its not a big deal. I just need them to be tolerable.

Holy crap! They are $88 at the Nike Employee Store. You got a smokin' deal!

Yeah, the best deal I can find is $130 so far. $140 on the Nike site. Its amazing what you can get at the outlet sometimes, but its luck of the draw.

Thanks for the info dude, that really helps me, I am going to grab a pair. Do you think they would be ok in warmer wet weather, like 70s? I play in Mexico, thats why I ask. If my feet sweat a little, its not a big deal. I just need them to be tolerable.

No problem man, always happy to help. As for playing in the 70s, I'm not sure. Like I said before, I played in the low 50s today and my feet were sweating. They definitely don't breath, but how would they since they are fully waterproof. I have played with them unzipped (which obviously lowers the waterproof height to wherever the zipper is) and they breathed a little bit. If you don't mind warm, and probably sweaty, feet then I'm sure you'd like them.

Just purchased a pair today, hopefully will try them on Thursday. It will be a great test as the UK has had none stop rain for the past 2 days.
The TW13's can rest through the winter now :)

Will very thin non-golf socks not help?

I play in rain year-round, and I don't feel a need for the mud boots. A decent pair of waterproof shoes seems to do the job.

I was thinking shorts and some white calf high socks.

OFF TOPIC.....That's what I wear all the time....except I add in the black shoes!

Back