JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Nike and Jordan combined make up roughly 10% of the golf shoe sales. That includes both men and women and well over 20 skus.
1 line outsells all of their others with almost 3% of their 10% total.

Nike fans...What do you think it is?

Roshe G?

Air max's

Air Max 1

I'm gonna say the Vapor line.

I want to say the Vapor line as I own a few pairs of those but I think it's their Roshe line.

Just because of the price point I'll say Roshe.

Roshe, even though i like the look of the Air Max a lot more.

Last edited:
Durasport since it’s the entry line is my guess.

Roshe line

Nike and Jordan combined make up roughly 10% of the golf shoe sales. That includes both men and women and well over 20 skus.
1 line outsells all of their others with almost 3% of their 10% total.

Nike fans...What do you think it is?
I'll bet it can be attributed to Tiger. That and a lot of people are familiar with their shoes outside of golf. I'd bet Roshes.

I've got the roshe Gs and they are mad comfortable. that being said, after 6 months they started falling apart. Maybe that's what I get for buying cheaper shoes. Definitely wont buy again.
20191124_205533.jpg20191124_205535.jpg

TW editions

Knowing how the Jordans sell though in basketball/in general, I also wouldn't be shocked if it was the Jordans.

I believe it's something crazy that Jordan outsells all other shoe brands for basketball combined, including all other nike lines? It's something absurd like that.

I'll bet it can be attributed to Tiger. That and a lot of people are familiar with their shoes outside of golf. I'd bet Roshes.

I've got the roshe Gs and they are mad comfortable. that being said, after 6 months they started falling apart. Maybe that's what I get for buying cheaper shoes. Definitely wont buy again.
View attachment 8918887View attachment 8918888

While I'm a fan of Nike shoes, I definitely don't buy them for their durability. I bought a pair of Prestos and they're already ripping. Nike isn't exactly known for their quality these days. It's more about fashion. If i really wanted to buy a pair of golf shoes that were more durable, i'd look for leather upper and stick with spikes. Probably buy Footjoy.

All that being said, i really like my Nike Lunar Commands. I use them all the time and they still look great. I'll probably need to replace the spikes soon, but the shoe itself looks like it'll last for a while.

I figure there’s a reason they pay a couple of guys huge dollars...I’m going to say it is Jordan’s or TW’s.

that being said, after 6 months they started falling apart. Maybe that's what I get for buying cheaper shoes. Definitely wont buy again.

They are one of the most returned shoes that is for sure.

While I'm a fan of Nike shoes, I definitely don't buy them for their durability. I bought a pair of Prestos and they're already ripping. Nike isn't exactly known for their quality these days. It's more about fashion. If i really wanted to buy a pair of golf shoes that were more durable, i'd look for leather upper and stick with spikes. Probably buy Footjoy.

All that being said, i really like my Nike Lunar Commands. I use them all the time and they still look great. I'll probably need to replace the spikes soon, but the shoe itself looks like it'll last for a while.

That's interesting. I'm just about 100% Nike in golf shoes (trying to diversify, selection around here sucks), but I generally gravitate to the non-mesh uppers in their lines. I've got two pairs of vapors with ~2 seasons on them and 2 pairs of TW 14s that are just now starting to break down.

They are one of the most returned shoes that is for sure.
I'd be curious to see if the Tour version or any version with spikes are better.

I would imagine it’s the Lunar Control line. It’s been around longer than most of their golf shoes

My initial thought would be the Jordan line, but I don't think that is true because they only have one line of those (the ADG) that sell at volume. Because of that, I will say the Roshe line just because it has continued to expand and the price point is low.

That's interesting. I'm just about 100% Nike in golf shoes (trying to diversify, selection around here sucks), but I generally gravitate to the non-mesh uppers in their lines. I've got two pairs of vapors with ~2 seasons on them and 2 pairs of TW 14s that are just now starting to break down.

I have three pairs and they're all Nike.

-Lunar Command 2
-TW '13
-Lunar Control Vapor (Spikeless)

I started off using the TW '13, but i retired them (in great condition) when i picked up the Command 2. I have yet to use the Vapors. I don't golf as much as most here do, but I always walk and most of what I play is 9 hole par 3's. I will say I keep my eye on the lace eyelets because they look like they'll rip right off if I pull too hard.

These are the ones i have for reference (not my pic)
1576261516420.png

I agree that anything mesh will break down faster. My prestos are mesh uppers with a cage for the laces. I did have a pair of Callaway spikeless shoes at one point. They were a gift, but very ugly, so i gave them away. I also bought a pair of Air Max before, but didn't like the fit and the lack of stability it offered for me, so i returned.

I would have to go with the Lunar line. AM series would be 2nd. Then Roshe G 3rd

Back