Nike Vapor Flex Driver Review

Tee1Up

Reaction score
I don't see much about this driver on here so I will give some of my thoughts. A little background about my game. Several years ago was a 6 handicap, but 2 children later I am struggling to break a 10 handicap. I have just gotten back into the game and noticed that distance off the tee was suffering, so I decided to get a driver fitting. It has been 8 years since I had one. I have what most golfers want: low spin off the driver and I mean low spin, 1800-2100 range. But this comes with a cost with my game because I have very high launch. I am a straight ball hitter with a baby draw at times. My miss is a push caused by coming up and out of the swing. I tried most of the new drivers and lots of shafts. I know within a couple of shots if a driver is for me or not. My fitting ended up between the Vapor Flex, Titleist 915 D3 and Ping i25. All three drivers felt great when I hit them but the Vapor flex gave me the best numbers. Driver at 9.5 Neutral, core set to Mid.
FDBccqU.jpg
[/IMG]

I played nine holes with it yesterday and it performed well. When I played with other people I was always envious of their ball flight. My playing partners balls would rise and find their apex and then come down with some roll, while mine would start high off the club, rise and fall out of the sky. Boy has that changed with the Flex. Now I see a boring type launch rising to apex with some roll out. Needless to say I have gained some distance. Same straight fairway hits as well.

The club sets up nicely behind the ball and the crown graphics are not bothersome at all.
xbs0Lch.jpg
[/IMG]
I will update this thread as I get a few more rounds in, but chime in if you have any input.

This driver definitely has a different sound to it. It to me is more of a thwack, not your normal metallic sounding shot. It takes some getting used. After I hit the shot I was like where did that ball go, but it was straight and long.

Last edited:
Back