Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons - THP Review Thread

I've put in 72 holes with these, plus a few range sessions, and I love the way I'm hitting the ball with these irons. A little more distance than my Vapor Pro Combo's, which is great, but I'm also getting a bit more forgiveness too - which is exactly what I was looking for. I ordered 4-PW custom from Nike with stiff KBS Tour Shafts and they have been money so far- just took some getting used to at first as they were a tad longer than the VPC's. I also picked up a AW from a board member to complete the set.

I've been consistently around 225-235 off the tee with my 4 iron and I've been able to work the ball pretty well with both fades and draws.

The soles have shown some signs of wear - which sucks because I like to keep clubs as pristine as possible, but I can live with it given their performance. Nike was also pretty good about the VPC paint issues, so I have faith their customer service would come through if it became a pressing issue.

People definitely take notice of what's in the bag at the courses. A couple of guys asked where I got my "sweet black irons". All in all a thumbs up from me.

Nice, glad you are enjoying them. As a fan of KBS Tour shafts, I'm pretty sure I would love that combo too. More distance and forgiveness than the VPC, which is exactly what they aimed for. I think they achieved that fairly nicely and it sounds like you'd agree.

Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons - THP Review Thread

Wanted to bring this thread back, as I finally pulled the trigger on these irons. I've been wanting them since the first pics surfaced, and sold a set and a driver, plus GS was offering a $150 gift card buying these, so I pretty much broke even and I could no longer resist. This isn't really a review, just my thoughts after a few days...

For the looks, these are in my opinion the sexiest looking irons on the market. They're not titleist CB or MB stunning, but are just downright gorgeous. The combination of black and blue, with the matching grips and the more sleek clubhead shape without the dramatic offset, while offering some forgiveness is the perfect combo for me. I'm not an amazing ball striker, but have my moments, and these have plenty of forgiveness for an average guy like me to swing them with confidence.

These are just as long for me as my srixon 545's, and longer than my m3's, although I wasn't looking for a flat out distance iron. The gapping throughout the set is right on, and I actually enjoy the stock xp95 stiff shafts. I might tinker with putting some Tour 90's in these someday, but they launch plenty high now. I have made several strikes that I thought were less than perfect, and the ball still got to the green with a 6 iron, 8 iron and 9 iron respectively, which impressed me. Overall I'm very impressed with these irons, the combination of looks as well as playability, make me feel like I can play these now and be solid, and with more work grow into them and be a better player.

I assume these might start going on sale places in the next couple months, and would encourage you to give them a look if you haven't before. I've never been a nike equipment guy, as I trust them to make apparel more than clubs, but I think they're on the right track with these if you don't want to take the leap all the way to a bladed iron.

12522f56df95ba9621060b6831f03825.jpg

Wanted to bring this thread back, as I finally pulled the trigger on these irons. I've been wanting them since the first pics surfaced, and sold a set and a driver, plus GS was offering a $150 gift card buying these, so I pretty much broke even and I could no longer resist. This isn't really a review, just my thoughts after a few days...

For the looks, these are in my opinion the sexiest looking irons on the market. They're not titleist CB or MB stunning, but are just downright gorgeous. The combination of black and blue, with the matching grips and the more sleek clubhead shape without the dramatic offset, while offering some forgiveness is the perfect combo for me. I'm not an amazing ball striker, but have my moments, and these have plenty of forgiveness for an average guy like me to swing them with confidence.

These are just as long for me as my srixon 545's, and longer than my m3's, although I wasn't looking for a flat out distance iron. The gapping throughout the set is right on, and I actually enjoy the stock xp95 stiff shafts. I might tinker with putting some Tour 90's in these someday, but they launch plenty high now. I have made several strikes that I thought were less than perfect, and the ball still got to the green with a 6 iron, 8 iron and 9 iron respectively, which impressed me. Overall I'm very impressed with these irons, the combination of looks as well as playability, make me feel like I can play these now and be solid, and with more work grow into them and be a better player.

I assume these might start going on sale places in the next couple months, and would encourage you to give them a look if you haven't before. I've never been a nike equipment guy, as I trust them to make apparel more than clubs, but I think they're on the right track with these if you don't want to take the leap all the way to a bladed iron.

12522f56df95ba9621060b6831f03825.jpg

Those are good looking irons. I had limited time with them, but really liked what I saw. If I was in any way in the market for new irons, Nike would be at the top of the list.

Those are good looking irons. I had limited time with them, but really liked what I saw. If I was in any way in the market for new irons, Nike would be at the top of the list.

I think people would like them if they gave them a shot. That's really high praise coming from a player like you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think people would like them if they gave them a shot. That's really high praise coming from a player like you too!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I hope you like them. They check all the boxes for me. They perform, the sound/feeling is good, and they look good.

Can anyone answer if the Nike Vapor Fly Pro irons are cast or forged? I must suck at Google, because I cannot find that answer anywhere! lol

Can anyone answer if the Nike Vapor Fly Pro irons are cast or forged? I must suck at Google, because I cannot find that answer anywhere! lol

they are cast.

I love the Nike offerings. Demo-ed the Pro Combo and the Fly, loved them both but looking for something in the middle, I believe the Fly Pros would be perfect for me.

Do you think they'll offer these in left hand dexterity? Could one of you guys in "the know" find out?

Thanks.

At almost half price of Retail i couldn't pass on these. They look amazing. I wonder how they will perform compared to my 714 AP1's. I assume these are a step above, with the smaller profile and less offset.

I think they look great.

I probably shouldn't have opened this thread because I just got new irons & don't need a new ponder creeping in. But looking forward to the review just in case. ?
14 mos. later & I just pulled the trigger on a set of VFPs, 4-GW with stiff Steelfiber i95s.

Can't wait to get them on course.

14 mos. later & I just pulled the trigger on a set of VFPs, 4-GW with stiff Steelfiber i95s.

Can't wait to get them on course.
Oh I would like that setup quite a bit. Good iron head and a shaft I've been gaming for 17 months.

Back