Nike Vapor Fly Pro Irons - THP Review Thread

ddec

I have many leather-bound books
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
The Driver
Homepage Review http://www.thehackersparadise.com/nike-vapor-fly-pro-irons-review/

In for review is one the latest iron offerings from Nike Golf, the Vapor Fly Pro Irons. For those familiar with the Vapor lineup, these will help transition from the Vapor Fly(or last years Speed) to the Pro Combo. Filling a gap for those players who want a somewhat smaller more tour style head, but with more forgiveness than the Pro Combo's offered. Gone is the big Volt Swoosh replaced with Photo Blue paint-fill. Where the color was the eye popping design of last years design, this year the immediate attention grabbing aspect is the black finish that canvases these iron heads. This thread will be used to update the review process, as well as for other members to discuss their thoughts and experiences with these irons.

Nike Tech Highlights

• MODERN MUSCLE BALANCES THE CG IN THE CENTER OF THE FACE FOR THE HIGHEST STABILITY AND PUREST FEEL

• RZN ENHANCED CONSTRUCTION FOR LOWER AND DEEPER WEIGHTING AND A HIGHER BALL FLIGHT

• FLEXIBLE NEXCOR FACES AND FLYBEAM REINFORCED CHASSIS WORK IN CONCERT TO DELIVER FAST AND CONSISTENT BALL SPEEDS ACROSS A WIDER AREA

• HOLLOW CAVITY LONG IRONS (2, 3, 4, 5) FOR SUPERIOR FORGIVENESS

• RZN POCKET MID IRONS (6, 7, 8) COMBINE STABILITY WITH REFINED FEEL

• RZN CAVITY SHORT IRONS (9, P, A) ALLOW SHOTMAKING CREATIVITY

• PROFESSIONAL PROFILES FOR ENHANCED WORKABILITY

LOFTS:

i-tpKkX2B-L.png

In Hand Photos:

5 iron

i-PqtTPwF-XL.jpg

i-mGRJJLV-XL.jpg

i-BtNZFNr-XL.jpg

i-Qr2xntd-XL.jpg

i-ST4Mv7M-XL.jpg

4&5 iron

i-TNnd98n-XL.jpg

i-sT7tfLV-XL.jpg

7 iron

i-gFKDDgx-XL.jpg

i-4Qqthdr-XL.jpg

i-hHx2HJ5-XL.jpg

i-4jfT24q-XL.jpg

i-HxkcZcr-XL.jpg

i-rpGxfgF-XL.jpg

i-D7tQZfR-XL.jpg

i-KVgrzL5-XL.jpg

6/7/8 Irons

i-GsXm5fQ-XL.jpg

i-m8Zb6TS-XL.jpg

Pitching Wedge

i-V3ZG7jL-XL.jpg

i-8z6M3rM-XL.jpg

i-mDc3rHv-XL.jpg

i-7PXVb66-XL.jpg

i-X2cxDmL-XL.jpg

9/PW/AW

i-hWdThGj-XL.jpg

i-hbTk2M2-XL.jpg

Shaft

i-ndf2z7C-XL.jpg

Grip

i-3W6vtSM-XL.jpg

i-FJtGDzx-XL.jpg

Last edited:
  • Staff
Some outdoor pics

5 iron

i-LZhfwvS-XL.jpg

i-vfFPvg2-XL.jpg

i-MqT4wLg-XL.jpg

i-6nDQZFP-XL.jpg

i-hwNHmKX-XL.jpg

7 iron

i-ZXfLKch-XL.jpg

i-N9MW6p2-XL.jpg

i-bgNSDnN-XL.jpg

i-rQk8Rbk-XL.jpg

i-TWdGVMw-XL.jpg

PW

i-dJCRG7D-XL.jpg

i-wHB7h9q-XL.jpg

i-r7b9BHF-XL.jpg

i-g4q9S5S-XL.jpg

Great pics, Dean! I know some people aren't crazy about the looks, but I love them. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them performance wise.

• Staff
Great pics, Dean! I know some people aren't crazy about the looks, but I love them. Can't wait to hear your thoughts on them performance wise.

The back of the cavity is just blah to me. It reminds me of a mix between the Bio Cell irons and the old Nike Slignshot irons. Kind of transformer-ish. However, I do like the finish more than I anticipated, and blue is one of my favorite colors so I'm good there. Black often looks great on a brand new set, we shall see what it looks like after sound rounds, bag chatter, and hours of range time. Set up to the ball nicely, it's a compact head design with a thinner topline(which the black slims down a bit too IMO).

Black finish tends to wear off. I like the simplicity of them.

Great pics Dean! I for one love the looks of these. Having played Nike irons in the past I am curious of your thoughts. I also am curious how the black holds up over time.

Good photos Dean, I seem to be in the minority in that I really like the darker finish with the blue. Definitely a valid concern posed with the long term look of that darker finish though and how we see it get worn down/scuffed.

Photos look real good, but I liked the looks of the Vapor Pro/Pro Combo from last year more. The back is just a little too busy and transformer'ish like you said.

I am absolutely in love with the looks of these irons

Nice job on the pics Dean. Like other's I'm anxious to hear how the finish holds up after several rounds.

I really like the finish, and the blue really pops. But like others, I'm not sure what the cavity is doing. It's like they're trying for a really industrial, almost steampunky look, and it's kinda goofy. The view at address looks really nice though, so I'm sure I could get past the cavity weirdness with solid performance.

If they tend to wear like the MD3 finish, I will be a fan. I like the blue on these as well.

Solid pics. I'm excited to see how they look after 10 rounds.
My thoughts as well. Would have liked to see the volt color in these because i think the yellow would really pop with that black finish but all in all they look really nice.

Maybe a lighter blue would have been more appealing?

I don't think they look bad, but again, none of that matters to me out of the plastic.. It's a month from now that concerns me.

These look awesome, I am interested to hear about how they play

Wow, that dark finish sure is nice, and the blue really pops. I like the stock shaft and grip offering, seems like a great option for sure.

I wish Nike had put the finish on the Fly for this pro version.

These look really good to me, black shafts and they would have been outstanding! Seems like Nike has been producing better gear lately and they have me interested again. I too wonder how the black will hold up, but out of the box they look great, hopefully they produce good results as well. Looking forward to the feedback.

I think these look awesome to be honest.

Saw these in the store the other day. I like the looks. Curious how they compare to last years

Saw these in the store the other day. I like the looks. Curious how they compare to last years

this line really isn't replacing anything from last years lineup. The Vapor Pro, and Pro Combo are staying, and these slot between the PC and the Fly(replacing last years Speed).

this line really isn't replacing anything from last years lineup. The Vapor Pro, and Pro Combo are staying, and these slot between the PC and the Fly(replacing last years Speed).

It's a gap I really think they needed to fill, so I think releasing these irons is a great move for them. They went from a significantly GI head in the Speed to a true players' head in the Pro Combo, without the "tweener" type club that is becoming really popular now (a la JPX 850F, C200, FG F5, etc). This fills that void.

It's a gap I really think they needed to fill, so I think releasing these irons is a great move for them. They went from a significantly GI head in the Speed to a true players' head in the Pro Combo, without the "tweener" type club that is becoming really popular now (a la JPX 850F, C200, FG F5, etc). This fills that void.

I happen to agree with you.

Back