Nike VR Pro Combo Irons - Forum Testing Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
THP has sent out Nike VR Pro Combo iron sets to the forum testers that were selected after signup and here is a list of those that will be providing feedback in this thread.

mcook77
Fairway2Green
ChunkyLover
Beowulf
the_paulo
Jeff Conner
Canadan

This thread will be for them to offer their long term thoughts as they use the irons and offer feedback as to how they work for them.

Lets keep this thread clear until the guys start getting their Nike irons in and posting initial thoughts. Thanks.

Package delivered about an hour ago from FedEx!!! :clapp:

I can't say enough how excited and honored I am to have been selected for this. GIGANTIC THANK YOU to :thp: and :nike: Golf!

My specs: 3-PW w/ Project X 5.0 steel shaft, standard loft, standard lie

Unboxing video:

These irons are just ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS - no denying that.

The biggest change for me is the top lines - they make the clubs look so much smaller in comparison to my previous irons (Cobra S9's).

Heading to range in a few hours and will have first impression from hitting them after that.

Onto the pics:

Nike VR Pro Combo 3-PW

DSC_9382.jpg

DSC_9392.jpg

Project X 5.0 shafts

DSC_9383.jpg

DSC_9384.jpg

4 iron (Pocket Cavity), 7 iron (Split Cavity, and PW (blade)

DSC_9385.jpg

4 iron (Pocket Cavity)

DSC_9386.jpg

7 iron (Split Cavity)

DSC_9387.jpg

PW (Blade)

DSC_9388.jpg

4 iron comparison

DSC_9389.jpg

7 iron comparison

DSC_9390.jpg

PW comparison

DSC_9391.jpg

Last edited:
OH MY GOD! Its been about a month since I've seen these sticks and I almost forgot how sexy there were. Man those are nice man, looking forward to your thoughts.

I am literally drooling.. those are gorgeous

very nice, do the hosels say forgedp, forgeds and forgedb?

Great pics buddy!

very nice, do the hosels say forgedp, forgeds and forgedb?

Great eye - they sure do!!

For anyone that has not already figured it out.

P = pocket
S = split
B = blade

NICE!!!! Congrats mcook. Great pics!

great to see these irons getting in the hands of the testers. Can't wait to hear some feedback now!

Sweet sticks man.
Enjoy.
Can't wait to read the reviews...

OMG those are some gorgeous irons! Just freaking sexy! Thanks for posting the pics. Can't wait to hear about your first range session!

These are such a great looking set of irons. I can't wait to see how the testers like the irons, especially the higher cappers that are testing these.

Nice looking clubs. Thanks for the pics. Can't wait to hear what you think about them.

Awesome pics. Glad you got your irons. Can't wait to hear your initial thoughts on these clubs.

What is the difference between the Pocket cavity and the Split cavity?

And those are gorgeous! That 4I comparison is scary looking to me.

You owe me a new keyboard... mine isn't drool proof. :drool: You need warnings on these threads!

What is the difference between the Pocket cavity and the Split cavity?

And those are gorgeous! That 4I comparison is scary looking to me.

The pocket cavity has an actual cutout on the back of the club and the split does not. The split is like a hybrid of a pocket cavity and a blade.

Per Nike Golf:

Pocket cavity: More forgiveness on longer shots

Split cavity: Enhances pin-seeking control and workability

Blade: Delivers unsurpassed short-game feel

Beautiful pics Mc, I know you are so antsy wanting to get to the range this afternoon. I know your write up will be very honest and I am so looking forward to reading it. Looking forward to the unboxing video and range videos too.

Beautiful looking sticks, I can't wait for the review.

mcook, awesome pics, and thanks for the comparison to your old irons, it's always nice to see how something new compares to the old. As a side note the cavity changes are so minimal I'm curious how much the performance difference is between the pocket and split.

I love the transition from Pocket to split cavity, the look of the back is almost the same

Those have to be the best looking irons of 2011. I have never been a fan of Nike products, but these I would love to try out. Have fun testing!

Awesome looking irons. You are going to have a blast testing those bad boyz!

awesome pics. I can't wait to see all of the reviews in this thread

Those look really nice. Really curious to hear your thoughts on them, especially coming from what you were hitting.

Back