Nike VR Pro Combo Irons - Forum Testing Review

I completely agree with you. Some of the stuff is not even updated to the new line. The new wedges are out, but the website makes it seem like there is only a select few lofts. Just awful. Worst OEM website I have ever seen.

No question it's the worst.

It feels like they think that the pictures of Tiger and Rory will sell the clubs for them. Because that's always worked for Nike Golf. It feels like somebody is making some bad marketing choices. Like Nike Golf isn't even trying.

I still love these irons too, and it's great to see this thread keep popping up. The blades are just great. Hit a lot of irons at demo day last week and I was comparing everything to these. Not many came close.

i'm thinking about getting these as a new set of irons for me when i replace the R7's in a couple months..

I approve.

considering i can get the new model (retails @ $800 i think) for less than $500, my bank account semi-approves too.

i'm thinking about getting these as a new set of irons for me when i replace the R7's in a couple months..

Solid ponder. If I didn't like my i20s so much, I would be tempted to do a serious ponder on these.

Replacing mine soon too. Thinking about these and several other models...need a fitting so I can make a dang decision :question:

Replacing mine soon too. Thinking about these and several other models...need a fitting so I can make a dang decision :question:

I didn't get fit, but a higher launching shaft has been wonderful.

I didn't get fit, but a higher launching shaft has been wonderful.

I'm definitely coming around to the idea after hitting the PXi. WONDERFUL shaft. My iron head decision will probably be made by stock shaft options, honestly.

Well I'm officially not a Taylormade junky, I pulled the trigger on a set of Nike VR Pro Combos CB's. They were to great of a deal, 534$ tax in for them.

I went with Regular's; Too bad the store con'ed me into stiff's on my R11's when I just started out golfing

Are they getting rid of these clubs? went on the website and only have regular flex available. On top of that, went to the big box stores (golfsmith.com, golfgalaxy.com, and tgw.com) and they all seem to not be selling these anymore.

Are they getting rid of these clubs? went on the website and only have regular flex available. On top of that, went to the big box stores (golfsmith.com, golfgalaxy.com, and tgw.com) and they all seem to not be selling these anymore.

These might be getting phased out. I never saw them in stores really. But I get you can order them through those big box stores in what ever flex you want pretty easily.

These might be getting phased out. I never saw them in stores really. But I get you can order them through those big box stores in what ever flex you want pretty easily.

Blus correct! They are getting phased out. They had no regular shafts in B.C. anymore. So they had to get them from Alberta (next province) And the store I got them from only had this last set. They are selling like hot cakes for only 500-550$ Golf Town had them shiped over and I got them in only 3 days.

But if anyone is thinking about getting them so far, they are so buttery. I have never gotten adjusted to a set of irons the first day using them. I know with my R11's it took me a good 15 rounds until I really felt 100% comfortable.

Blus correct! They are getting phased out. They had no regular shafts in B.C. anymore. So they had to get them from Alberta (next province) And the store I got them from only had this last set. They are selling like hot cakes for only 500-550$ Golf Town had them shiped over and I got them in only 3 days.

But if anyone is thinking about getting them so far, they are so buttery. I have never gotten adjusted to a set of irons the first day using them. I know with my R11's it took me a good 15 rounds until I really felt 100% comfortable.

Blargh...if i find them new for like 500-550, it'll be one of those cases with my wife where beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission. haha. How come everything i like gets phased out. boo!

I thought these were out of my league and then i hit a few of my coach's 6i...felt so good. Not only that, sounded so good. great sounding click. droolsssss. looks don't hurt either.

Blargh...if i find them new for like 500-550, it'll be one of those cases with my wife where beg for forgiveness rather than ask for permission. haha. How come everything i like gets phased out. boo!

I thought these were out of my league and then i hit a few of my coach's 6i...felt so good. Not only that, sounded so good. great sounding click. droolsssss. looks don't hurt either.

They weren't phased out three years ago when they were initially released.

They weren't phased out three years ago when they were initially released.

yeah, i know. late to the party. for shame :banghead:

Hmm, Didn't Golf Town buy Golf Smith? Or am I off on this one.. But if so SportsChek had the same prices, So I wouldn't think the prices would be too off from Canada to the States if anything the States is always cheaper give them a call and find out! They can always ship store to store and it cost nothing! Good luck they are great sticks

yeah, i know. late to the party. for shame :banghead:

But why does it matter if they're not to most up to date iron? Whatever comes out next year won't change how these look or perform.

If you don't mind a used set with S300 shafts in them, you can get them here for <$300 for 4-PW.
http://www.globalgolf.com/product/golfclub/-/pid--1019152/iron-set/nike/vr-pro-combo.aspx?gd=3

oh my bad, i meant i can't seem to find them anywhere. Even on the nikegolf website, they only have R flex left. debating whether to just get them and switch out shafts as i like project x flight 6.0 a tad more.

I actually prefer to be on the end of a lifecycle of a solid club. better price for a great club.

i know it's stupid but would rather go like new - mint on forged clubs. Just bag chatter nicks annoy me, stupid right?

Also, the example of a "good" club they show at the bottom isn't very optimistic.

Then hit up eBay. Multiple new sets on there of these clubs, with S300 shafts in them.

thank!

Sorry for the old thread bump/skim, but I'm pondering these and was curious if anyone could directly compare them to the previous version of the Taylormade TP CB irons? Thanks

I have a set of irons that have no ferrules on them at all, and they are completely fine. Purely cosmetic

Back