bogeyme

The Golf GODS hate me
Reaction score
Handicap
High
Ok so my niece and nephew want these contraptions for Christmas. My wife and I were out looking for them so my father in law can buy them for the grandkids. I was looking at them and I think I might want one now too. Does anyone over the age of say 21 actually have and use one of these? I know Claire has a couple kids (or is really a 13 year old boy I'm not sure). I just kind of wonder if this is something for us "older" kids also. They have some brain games that might be beneficial to me. Just wondering if anyone had any feedback on these things. I'm sure if I get one my nephew will try and talk me into buying a Pokemon game so we can play (or so he can kick my ass).

You can probably get a Wii for the price of two DSs, and that would be more fun. Yes, the kids each have a DS (black and pink--guess who owns which). They are great for travel, and they have the ability to communicate, so the kids can text each other and play cooperatively (on rare occasions). But for yourself, you'd get more bang for you buck from the Wii. I'm not aware of any adult who has played with the DS. I haven't.

The DS is definitely kids stuff, we gave one as a gift last year. And we might have tried one of the "brain games" for a second or two, but no lasting power with "big kids". And I kind of feel that way about the Wii, unless you are going to have the kids there a lot and play the Wii with them, I wouldn't waste money on that either IMHO.

The DS is definitely kids stuff, we gave one as a gift last year. And we might have tried one of the "brain games" for a second or two, but no lasting power with "big kids". And I kind of feel that way about the Wii, unless you are going to have the kids there a lot and play the Wii with them, I wouldn't waste money on that either IMHO.

Well, my kids happen to live in my house, so I hadn't considered that last aspect. They think my (lack of) MarioKart skills are (is?) hysterical.

You can probably get a Wii for the price of two DSs, and that would be more fun. Yes, the kids each have a DS (black and pink--guess who owns which). They are great for travel, and they have the ability to communicate, so the kids can text each other and play cooperatively (on rare occasions). But for yourself, you'd get more bang for you buck from the Wii. I'm not aware of any adult who has played with the DS. I haven't.

I had a response about the Wii and me sharing it but it wasn't family friendly. My mom bought a Wii for us "kids" (there are 4 of us between 21 and 28)to play when we come over and I think I've played it maybe 3 times when I've been over there. I might have to try out one of the kids' and see if I like it.

Must love the Wii. I stink at video games, but I love being Doc Hudson in the Cars game. :D

Twerpy's still happy with an older Gameboy, she's not discovered the DS yet, so no feedback there from me.

Her and the Mrs both have Sony PSP's also, they like them, I don't get the hype. Watching movies on them when traveling is kind of novel though...

The DS is cool because if there is a group of you, you only need one game( I think). I bought a PSP for traveling but I never use it. As for the age, I have a few buddies over 30 who have them. I think they make games like Madden and Tiger Woods for them.

Twerpy's still happy with an older Gameboy, she's not discovered the DS yet, so no feedback there from me.

I love the name "Twerpy," but I hope you don't call her that to her face!

I love the name "Twerpy," but I hope you don't call her that to her face!

Sure I do. She's my Twerpy baby daughter. I'm sure it won't last forever. :beat-up:

I tend to name things as they are... I had a calf at my grandmother's when I was a kid named "Hamburger" No kidding. Had a cat named "Alpo" too (possibly the coolest, and dumbest cat ever; we lost her to feline leukemia)

Sure I do. She's my Twerpy baby daughter. I'm sure it won't last forever. :beat-up:

How old is this poor child? And just wait until she comes up with a name for you!

I always figured that if we got a dog, I'd push to name it "Puppy," because that's what I'd call it, anyway.

Back