Nippon 920 for XXIO

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello - Does anyone have info on the Nippon 920 steel shafted offered by XXIO in the X Series irons?
Can't find any info on the XXIO site or the Nippon site. I assume its a "made for" shaft, but would like some specs.
And XXIO doesnt offer any shaft options, all clubs are as is.
Thank you and stay safe.

I don’t know anything about it specifically, but it’s safe to say with those two brands the quality of the design will be top notch and compliment the heads design in a big way.

I don't know anything about the Nippon 920 but I have Nippon 950GH shafts in my Apexs and I have been very happy with them. They provide good trajectory and have been plenty stable. I tend to be a bit of a low ball hitter and the Apex have stronger lofts and the combo has given me good trajectory. The 950s are 98g in the still flex. The 850s are 91g so they could be close to what they are putting in. I was fitted into the 850s first and found them to be too loose on the golf course and I tended to hit them left consistently.

I don't know anything about the Nippon 920 but I have Nippon 950GH shafts in my Apexs and I have been very happy with them. They provide good trajectory and have been plenty stable. I tend to be a bit of a low ball hitter and the Apex have stronger lofts and the combo has given me good trajectory. The 950s are 98g in the still flex. The 850s are 91g so they could be close to what they are putting in. I was fitted into the 850s first and found them to be too loose on the golf course and I tended to hit them left consistently.

Thank you for the feedback. I have played the 950 and 850s. Preferred the 850's. Just wanted to get specs and info on these 920s.
Stay safe

Thank you for the feedback. I have played the 950 and 850s. Preferred the 850's. Just wanted to get specs and info on these 920s.
Stay safe

I looked at the XXIO website and it looks like the shafts are back weighted so my guess is that they may be built for XXIO and not a stock offering.

I looked at the XXIO website and it looks like the shafts are back weighted so my guess is that they may be built for XXIO and not a stock offering.

Yes thats what I also assumed. But just wish they listed the specs. Guess I will keep digging. Thanks for the feedback

Yes thats what I also assumed. But just wish they listed the specs. Guess I will keep digging. Thanks for the feedback

What specs are you looking for and I will grab it for you?

I played the XXIO X Black irons with the 920 steel shafts earlier this year. I received the following specs on the shafts from Cleveland Golf:
R flex torque is 2.9, weight is 92 grams
S flex torque is 2.7, weight is 96 grams

I played the XXIO X Black irons with the 920 steel shafts earlier this year. I received the following specs on the shafts from Cleveland Golf:
R flex torque is 2.9, weight is 92 grams
S flex torque is 2.7, weight is 96 grams
Thank you Jubess!

Back