Review Nippon MODUS3 Hybrid Shaft - G.O.S.T - THP Review

So this one is good to hit a number, not straight yard grabs?
I think it’s most efficient as a precision setup, especially given the weight. I love it, but I think there are more energy efficient hybrid shafts out there if it’s in a distance club for someone.

I think it’s most efficient as a precision setup, especially given the weight. I love it, but I think there are more energy efficient hybrid shafts out there if it’s in a distance club for someone.
That’s good feedback. Eyeing a 5 utility so looking more for precision over bomber. Thanks!

That’s good feedback. Eyeing a 5 utility so looking more for precision over bomber. Thanks!
It would be a really fun experience for you in a 5

@Jman - any idea if you can pretty easily add an extension in these? wasn't sure how the core looked with this tech

And how would you compare it to the MMT hybrid shaft?

@Jman - any idea if you can pretty easily add an extension in these? wasn't sure how the core looked with this tech

And how would you compare it to the MMT hybrid shaft?
Because of the steel underneath, you can do an extension no problem.

To me, the MMT is more active, but the GOST is shockingly fluid. I hit this higher than the MMT, but that’s me.

Because of the steel underneath, you can do an extension no problem.

To me, the MMT is more active, but the GOST is shockingly fluid. I hit this higher than the MMT, but that’s me.
ohhh, higher you say? did you ever try it in a utility iron?

@Jman How do you find these flex to compare to something like DG 120 X100? I'm wanting to put one of these into an old Apex 3 hybrid (the one from 2016 to make a stealthy combo) but can't decide on the Tour S or the X Flex. The 120 X100 is leading to wild ball striking right now, so something similar to that flex/feel is the goal.

Last edited:
@Jman How do you find these flex to compare to something like DG 120 X100? I'm wanting to put one of these into an old Apex 3 hybrid (the one from 2016 to make a stealthy combo) but can't decide on the Tour S or the X Flex. The 120 X100 is leading to wild ball striking right now, so something similar to that flex/feel is the goal.
Imo, Nippon Modus always plays a little less stout than TT, so that might be something to take into account.

Imo, Nippon Modus always plays a little less stout than TT, so that might be something to take into account.

having hit both, did you notice a real difference in stiffness? or just weight? I don't want the weight of the x flex necessarily, but certainly wouldn't want too soft of a shaft in the tour stiff. I'm swinging the 3H around 98-100mph, getting around 143-147 mph ball speed.

having hit both, did you notice a real difference in stiffness? or just weight? I don't want the weight of the x flex necessarily, but certainly wouldn't want too soft of a shaft in the tour stiff. I'm swinging the 3H around 98-100mph, getting around 143-147 mph ball speed.
The TT is more stout, imo.

Back