Review Nippon MODUS3 Hybrid Shaft - G.O.S.T - THP Review

Something else I haven’t mentioned yet, or at least drawn attention to, flex options.

Right now in these it’s just S, Tour S, X, and Tour X. Stout to stouter. Haha

Selfishly, knowing your game a little vs mine, I really hope you struggle to launch these haha. I need a shaft in my U45 that launches and spins a little lower to make it work for me. Most graphite options launch too high in utilities for me to utilize.

Excited to see the reviews!

Selfishly, knowing your game a little vs mine, I really hope you struggle to launch these haha. I need a shaft in my U45 that launches and spins a little lower to make it work for me. Most graphite options launch too high in utilities for me to utilize.
Since one of their key marketing lines is "to promote an easy launch", you might be left wanting still. Haha

Since one of their key marketing lines is "to promote an easy launch", you might be left wanting still. Haha

For reference of those curious.

Installed into the Epic Forged 5i w/ GP TV +4 grip swing weight hit D3 on the nose.

Installed into the G410 4H w/ GP TV +4 grip swing weight hit a tidy D3.5.

Also, I'll get a pic today, but I put a BB&F ferrule on the Epic Forged 5i and X flex GOST shaft combo, and wooooooooowwwwwwwwwwww its mean looking.

Well, that was enlightening.

The feel is 100% Nippon through the swing, there is just a fluidity there that is hard to explain unless you have swing some of the Modus offerings.

What was most surprising to me, it at the same time didn't feel like I was swinging steel at all, which is also what I was most curious about to be totally honest, especially in the case of the hybrid at 18*. More than that though, both clubs launched extremely easily, no Foresight GC2 data yet as I had to get back to work for P/T conferences, but the ball worked to the apex which is a great indicator that spin won't be an issue.

I'm eager to see the peak heights when I get both clubs out on the LM though for sure.

Make me give you three words EARLY to describe things? 1) Connected, 2) Fluid, 3) Long.

Well, that was enlightening.

The feel is 100% Nippon through the swing, there is just a fluidity there that is hard to explain unless you have swing some of the Modus offerings.

What was most surprising to me, it at the same time didn't feel like I was swinging steel at all, which is also what I was most curious about to be totally honest, especially in the case of the hybrid at 18*. More than that though, both clubs launched extremely easily, no Foresight GC2 data yet as I had to get back to work for P/T conferences, but the ball worked to the apex which is a great indicator that spin won't be an issue.

I'm eager to see the peak heights when I get both clubs out on the LM though for sure.

Make me give you three words EARLY to describe things? 1) Connected, 2) Fluid, 3) Long.

I love all of this. except that "launched extremely easily" haha. But don't mind me, I'm an outlier in that aspect.

I love all of this. except that "launched extremely easily" haha. But don't mind me, I'm an outlier in that aspect.
Hahahaha, I understand. I'd def wait to see the spin numbers though as I think they'll paint a bigger picture of what is going on.

I'll say I launched the 4H set to 18* really consistently in the 10 or so shots I hit. I don't know that it'll class out as "HIGH" when it comes to peak height but we will see.

Now the X in the 5 Epic Flash..... :oops:

Hahahaha, I understand. I'd def wait to see the spin numbers though as I think they'll paint a bigger picture of what is going on.

I'll say I launched the 4H set to 18* really consistently in the 10 or so shots I hit. I don't know that it'll class out as "HIGH" when it comes to peak height but we will see.

Now the X in the 5 Epic Flash..... :oops:

Yea I kinda figured the epic flash would go crazy haha. But, that's more club head, no?

Yea I kinda figured the epic flash would go crazy haha. But, that's more club head, no?
Oh the head is a beast, I saw that with a REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY REALLY ill fitting shaft in it when I reviewed it.

Today though at the end I threw out some little rope draw flighted shots and it got my full attention.

Is there anything specific anyone wants me to really hone in on the rest of this week once I get to Wednesday and REALLY get to put the shafts through their paces?

Was in the “put both shafts in hybrids” camp but now I’m excited to hear more about this Epic Forged testing since I’ve been considering an EF 5i.

Was in the “put both shafts in hybrids” camp but now I’m excited to hear more about this Epic Forged testing since I’ve been considering an EF 5i.
It should be a fun one based on the small sample I saw today!:cool:

the bend profile for the MODUS³ Hybrid is based off the tour-validated N.S.PRO MODUS³ Tour 105 and designed to promote an easy launch, mid peak trajectory and spin.

the above is what interests me the most

Is there anything specific anyone wants me to really hone in on the rest of this week once I get to Wednesday and REALLY get to put the shafts through their paces?

I play graphite for the impact absorption properties. At least partially.

With the steel in this one, how does it do with absorbing the impact?

Since it says based on the modus 105 profile, how different are these from the 105?

I play graphite for the impact absorption properties. At least partially.

With the steel in this one, how does it do with absorbing the impact?
This is a big part of why I’m excited to have three days of golf, lots of golf balls hit, and plenty opportunity to see how the dampening is.

I’m just as curious about it as you!

Since it says based on the modus 105 profile, how different are these from the 105?
I don’t quite have the answer to this. Perhaps @JB can chime in more since he saw it first at Nippon. But, I believe it’s not just a 105 with graphite on it, not sure what tweaks exactly were made though.

Yep, curious in how it performs in both, but more interested in how it reacts in say a 17/18* utility.

I don’t quite have the answer to this. Perhaps @JB can chime in more since he saw it first at Nippon. But, I believe it’s not just a 105 with graphite on it, not sure what tweaks exactly were made though.

It is based on the 105, but designed for a hybrid. Keep in mind the Modus3 105 weighs about 106 in stiff. This weighs 92g in stiff.

It is based on the 105, but designed for a hybrid. Keep in mind the Modus3 105 weighs about 106 in stiff. This weighs 92g in stiff.

based on the 105 how? ei profile? launch/spin characteristics?

based on the 105 how? ei profile? launch/spin characteristics?

Definitely profile. Its an interesting beast without really knowing the specifics, weight was obviously saved but then one would guess the graphite has allowed them to re-integrate the characteristics.

One thing I do know, if this works out, I think it would be pretty killer to see an entire iron shaft line of GOST.

Course bound today all day! Whoo!

Time to get this train rolling!

if you’ve got anything you want specific feedback on, keep posting it up!

Course bound today all day! Whoo!

Time to get this train rolling!

if you’ve got anything you want specific feedback on, keep posting it up!

Will be following along - I just keep drooling at the pictures. Imagine it’s going to perform great too.

Back