Review Nippon MODUS3 Hybrid Shaft - G.O.S.T - THP Review

I’m gaming Modus 105 Stiff in my Mizuno HMP’s. I’m super interested to try this shaft in my 19° hybrid. I‘m currently using Mitsubishi OTh 90 Stiff. I think stiff flex in the GOST will be an excellent challenger!

@Jman, how much did you tip the shafts for each club?

I’m gaming Modus 105 Stiff in my Mizuno HMP’s. I’m super interested to try this shaft in my 19° hybrid. I‘m currently using Mitsubishi OTh 90 Stiff. I think stiff flex in the GOST will be an excellent challenger!

@Jman, how much did you tip the shafts for each club?
According to the info I was given, no tipping was necessary.

Any idea what OEMs might be offering this as an option next year?

These looks like a fantastic hybrid shaft for my swing. Hopefully these make their way as an OEM upgrade option soon.

Any idea what OEMs might be offering this as an option next year?
I've not heard any rumblings of that happening. Given how many OEM's offer Nippon in irons though, I wouldn't be surprised to see ti happen eventually.

I'm getting one of these to try out. After some talk I'm going with the TX. Will see if it's too stiff or not.

I was told that it plays like a stiffer Modus 105.

I'm getting one of these to try out. After some talk I'm going with the TX. Will see if it's too stiff or not.

I was told that it plays like a stiffer Modus 105.
Curious to read your thoughts. What are you setting it ip for? What do you have in that club now?

It's going to go into an MP18 FliHi thats a driving iron/utility club. It currently has a C-Taper in it.

This is going into bag 2 that I have setup.

I really want to try this shaft I just dont want to spend $250 for a driving iron/hybrid shaft when there are a lot of good options you can get stock or find on new old stock.

This seems like the perfect shaft for that portion of the bag if you play heavy steel in irons.

I really want to try this shaft I just dont want to spend $250 for a driving iron/hybrid shaft when there are a lot of good options you can get stock or find on new old stock.

This seems like the perfect shaft for that portion of the bag if you play heavy steel in irons.

Same! $250 is steep!

Last edited:
Think I’m going to shaft up a Cleveland UHX utility with one of these this week.

Holy heck this thing is fun

1e490ddf84747730893723b3820991d2.jpg
f83871fbcfdd882e28955830f9debcdb.plist

Holy heck this thing is fun

1e490ddf84747730893723b3820991d2.jpg
f83871fbcfdd882e28955830f9debcdb.plist

It really is a lot of fun. I think as more people get to try it, it might even become a bit more popular, despite being quite different.

They 100% are fun, and will wreck minds

DCD854B2-B89B-42FB-95C7-79209000C721.jpeg616FAF83-48EB-469B-A9E7-F8317F61ED5F.jpeg083F7B8D-03D1-431E-8078-D58830DD15C8.jpeg

Dropping one of these in a coming soon hybrid and I am going to give it a spin tomorrow. Each time I have tried it, I liked it, so Im hopeful.

Dropping one of these in a coming soon hybrid and I am going to give it a spin tomorrow. Each time I have tried it, I liked it, so Im hopeful.
How might you compare it to the KBS proto hybrid shaft?

How might you compare it to the KBS proto hybrid shaft?
Two really different things to accomplish similar if that makes sense. They feel totally different to me

do you find it to be super stiff?

do you find it to be super stiff?

No Actually. I think we all still have these mental thoughts of steel being stiffer than graphite, but it’s honestly not the case.

No Actually. I think we all still have these mental thoughts of steel being stiffer than graphite, but it’s honestly not the case.
Yup, it’s the mental hurdle most will have to overcome with these, but performance wise it isn’t the case imo.

Maaaaaaan, I hit the 3 UiHi one of these is in again today and it’s just as wicked consistent as it was when I wrote the homepage article. There’s just something really solid about it.

Putting one of these into a hybrid to test again this coming week. Always enjoyed it, yet moved away for some reason and going to give it a run soon.

This and the Ventus HB are the two best hybrid shafts I’ve hit, ever. Truth.

Back