Review Nippon MODUS3 Hybrid Shaft - G.O.S.T - THP Review

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Teased for a while, the G.O.S.T is real, and it is here.

In what could be one of the coolest innovations for hybrid shafts in some time, Nippon is bringing a LITERAL hybrid to market with its G.O.S.T. shaft.

What does it stand for? Graphite On Steel Technology. Quite literally, graphite has been combined to create what Nippon is calling the launch of carbon with the accuracy of steel. Bold claims, and a bold looking shaft as well.

I have received two of these in for full THP review. One in S-flex and the other in X-flex. I'm not 100% certain which clubs they will be installed into, but when I know (this weekend) you will know as well.

What follows is the release information from Nippon:

We are proud to announce the October 25 global release of our N.S.PRO MODUS³ Hybrid Graphite On Steel Technology, or simply N.S.PRO MODUS³ Hybrid.

The MODUS³ Hybrid is the ideal integration of steel and carbon materials, creating the combined solid feel and tighter dispersion of steel with the easy launch and trajectory of carbon. As a comprehensive shaft manufacturer with extensive knowledge of both steel and carbon materials, Nippon Shaft has developed a new hybrid shaft that meets the needs to control flight and dispersion.

The key was our composite shaft manufacturing experience with the use of a patented special adhesive technology. The thin-walled steel and multi-layered carbon structure provides both ideal weight and flexibility, for a solid impact feeling, directional stability (merits of steel), with the unwanted vibration dampening and longer distance performance merits of graphite shafts. The composite structure of steel and carbon is the best answer for hybrid shafts, connecting metals and irons in both function and feel.

The bend profile for the MODUS³ Hybrid is based off the tour-validated N.S.PRO MODUS³ Tour 105 and designed to promote an easy launch, mid peak trajectory and spin.

Nippon Shaft has again created another game-changer with the N.S.PRO MODUS³ Hybrid Graphite On Steel Technology.

IMG_2781-X2.jpg

• Staff
Some initial in-hand shots. HQ photos will be taken this weekend.

IMG_2775-XL.jpg

IMG_2776-XL.jpg

IMG_2777-XL.jpg

IMG_2778-XL.jpg

IMG_2779-XL.jpg

IMG_2780-XL.jpg

• Staff
Second post with initial pics has been updated.

Wow, interesting. Looking forward to more info

Really curious about this shaft. Especially for a hybrid. This shaft seems to be a good option for someone who needs some impact relief on their elbows/wrist.
Can’t wait to read your review.

Very interested to hear/read reviews on this product. I could see these making a lot of sense in a higher lofted hybrid or a utility iron.

And 100% meaner looking in hand.
I have a set of the blacked out modus 105s in bound just because I don’t want to miss out on never having them - their black Finish is light years beyond everyone else’s. Is this similar looking ?

I have a set of the blacked out modus 105s in bound just because I don’t want to miss out on never having them - their black Finish is light years beyond everyone else’s. Is this similar looking ?
Those have a slightly rough texture, right?

I am extremely curious about these. They sound really interesting, and actually look great

I'm really thinking the Tour S will go into the Flash 4H and the X will go into my PING 410 4H. Makes the most sense in my head right now.

I’d be really curious how these would perform in my utilities

And now I have the Utility thought in my head. So, I ask you THP. What is more useful for a review you will (hopefully) take the time to read? Two different hybrid models, or a hybrid and a utility?

Afternoon crowd bump.

Also curious still what everyone would rather see as far as club types these are reviewed in.

Afternoon crowd bump.

Also curious still what everyone would rather see as far as club types these are reviewed in.

I would love to see what it does in a utility.

Afternoon crowd bump.

As a fan of the G410 hybrid, would love to hear about it in that

Back