Nippon N.S. PRO MODUS3 Tour 115

Jman

Golf Scrivener
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Today Nippon is officially announcing the release of a new entry into their MODUS3 lineup in celebration of its 10 year anniversary.

With two Major wins and over 200 worldwide wins over the last decade, the MODUS line continues to gain steam and use age on all tours.

Here in THP the MODUS line has had a lot of consistently positive feedback for not just the flight but also the feel and consistency that each shaft offers within the lineup. Now, in celebration of 10 years, Nippon is adding the MODUS3 Tour 115 into the fold.
1604320137872.jpeg

The key word for Nippon is versatility. Extensive R&D time has gone into the 115. Essentially, it is a blend of the Tour 105 and Tour 125, seeking to match the “automatic” performance of the 105 with the “manual” performance of the 125. Think lower spin than the 105 slightly, as well as less launch, but also more than the 125. Most importantly perhaps, it offers a shaft in the 115-120 gram range that is becoming the new norm out there for golfers.

To celebrate the 10 year anniversary the Tour 115 will be available in the traditional chrome finish and red graphics of the MODUS3 line as well as a limited run of black w

THP will have MUCH more to come with these very very soon as we are currently doing some work with them, so be sure to stay tuned!

Looking forward to more in these. Love me some Modus.

I am really looking forward to more with these.

• Staff
I should add, there will be 2,000 sets of the black available upon release!

Really excited to hear more about these. Great weight for a lot of golfers.

Stepless design? The pictures make it look stepless so I'm wondering which proto this is built off of. Would love to see a list of all the protos Nippon has created over the past decade.

The black looks incredible. Looking forward to more info.

• Staff
Really excited to hear more about these. Great weight for a lot of golfers.

Stepless design? The pictures make it look stepless so I'm wondering which proto this is built off of. Would love to see a list of all the protos Nippon has created over the past decade.
Not stepless, I can tell you that with 100% certainty.

It’s a blend of the 105 and 125, so it makes sense it’s not stepless.

Hotcakes. These are going to sell like that.

oh.
my.
GAWD.

that black is so freaking awesome. i am absolutely getting these. shut up and take my money!

It is interesting that they spec out heavier than Modus 120.

Love the 105 in my Srixon irons, so can't wait to hear how these compare if there is a chance to do them side by side in the same head across the different shafts

Love the 105 in my Srixon irons, so can't wait to hear how these compare if there is a chance to do them side by side in the same head across the different shafts
I’d be very curious as well.

I have never tried a Nippon shaft. I am warming up to the idea of dropping a little weight from my shafts though for the sake of longevity. That black looks pretty bad a** too. Will be keeping an eye on these.

It is interesting that they spec out heavier than Modus 120.
They actually come in at 111 trimmed to length in the 6i, in X. 115-120 range are raw length weights.

I’m working with these now. Don’t have 105’s to do a side by side data collection but I played the 105’s for multiple seasons so the comparison will be there.

ooo, intrigued. hard to move from the $ tapers that seem to fit me pretty dang well though.

Having played the 105's at one point, I bet these will feel great.

ooo, intrigued. hard to move from the $ tapers that seem to fit me pretty dang well though.
Hit both in X side by side today. Different beasts to an extent, and not just in weight.

Love this! The black shafts would look amazing in a set of black PTx Pro irons!

Hit both in X side by side today. Different beasts to an extent, and not just in weight.

how do the 115s compare to your memory of the 105s? i don't think the 105s are as smooth as the 120s, but i still like them. do you feel like the 115s are even more stout than the 105s?

how do the 115s compare to your memory of the 105s? i don't think the 105s are as smooth as the 120s, but i still like them. do you feel like the 115s are even more stout than the 105s?
Soon. I promise. ;)

Anyone else intrigued by this release? Definitely makes the MODUS3 line more robust for fitting.

Anyone else intrigued by this release? Definitely makes the MODUS3 line more robust for fitting.

as with most of your write ups, these intrigue me...i love the 105s so i would be interested in trying these out

Back