Nippon N.S. Pro Regio Formula MB Shaft Review

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Excellent review Dan! It’s pretty cool to see T1100 being used more and more by the different shaft OEMs. This looks like another very solid option for consumers looking for a low launch low spin shaft.

Great review Dan. Maybe it just me and my lack of current Nippon shaft knowledge, but the correlation of the graphite driver shaft to Modus3 steel iron shaft mentions seems a bit backwards. Looks like the lowest launching graphite driver shaft is "paired" with the lightest weight steels shaft?

Great review Dan. Maybe it just me and my lack of current Nippon shaft knowledge, but the correlation of the graphite driver shaft to Modus3 steel iron shaft mentions seems a bit backwards. Looks like the lowest launching graphite driver shaft is "paired" with the lightest weight steels shaft?

But if I remember right, the 125/105 are considered their lowest launching iron shafts. 130 highest, 120 mid-high.

Nice write up with great information. Thank you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

great review dan! i love what nippon is doing. hard ponder to put a driver together with one of these shafts.

It's worth looking into. Shaft weight isn't always going to correlate with launch, as 105g and 125g Modus3 are their lower launching iron shaft profiles.

I love the concept and it makes me want to put a set of either 105 or 125 in my irons to see if it translates.

It's worth looking into. Shaft weight isn't always going to correlate with launch, as 105g and 125g Modus3 are their lower launching iron shaft profiles.

I love the concept and it makes me want to put a set of either 105 or 125 in my irons to see if it translates.
Good point. I just generally correlate lighter with higher launching. Haven't paid attention to steel in about 4 years since getting old and switching to all graphite..haha. I did play the 950GH about 7 years ago and really liked them.

Good point. I just generally correlate lighter with higher launching. Haven't paid attention to steel in about 4 years since getting old and switching to all graphite..haha. I did play the 950GH about 7 years ago and really liked them.

here's a quick snapshot of what to expect and compare with the Regio lineup;

Blue: similar shaft bend to modus3 tour 120 -- Firm tip, soft mid, soft grip
https://nipponshaft.com/product/graphite_regio_b.php

Red: similar shaft bend to modus3 tour 130 - softer tip, firm mid, firm grip
https://nipponshaft.com/product/graphite_regio_m.php

Yellow: similar shaft bend to modus3 tour 105 and 125 - firm tip, firm mid, mid to firm grip
https://nipponshaft.com/product/graphite_regio_mb.php

here's a quick snapshot of what to expect and compare with the Regio lineup;

Blue: similar shaft bend to modus3 tour 120 -- Firm tip, soft mid, soft grip
https://nipponshaft.com/product/graphite_regio_b.php

Red: similar shaft bend to modus3 tour 130 - softer tip, firm mid, firm grip
https://nipponshaft.com/product/graphite_regio_m.php

Yellow: similar shaft bend to modus3 tour 105 and 125 - firm tip, firm mid, mid to firm grip
https://nipponshaft.com/product/graphite_regio_mb.php

I have the Modus 105 in my irons. But I THINK I would want more height on my driver. I don’t have the swing speed you have (100-105)so, kind of thinking the Red would be more my speed. I use a Graphite Design IZ 6X this year for a bit more launch

I have the Modus 105 in my irons. But I THINK I would want more height on my driver. I don’t have the swing speed you have (100-105)so, kind of thinking the Red would be more my speed. I use a Graphite Design IZ 6X this year for a bit more launch

I wouldn't use swing speed as a primary driver of what style shaft you'd consider... But I would use it to consider flex.

Just depends on what you're looking for. Red is going to get you that extra launch and spin that a lot of people need.

Nippon N.S. Pro Regio Formula MB Shaft Review

my driver ss is similar to yours, and i too like more launch with my driver. that said, the bend profile and design of the yellow (mb) and blue (b) worked much better with my timing and allowed me to swing confidently and aggressively. something about the red (m) just didn’t jive with my timing and i was very hesitant with it.

my driver ss is similar to yours, and i too like more launch with my driver. that said, the bend profile and design of the yellow (mb) and blue (b) worked much better with my timing and allowed me to swing confidently and aggressively. something about the red (m) just didn’t jive with my timing and i was very hesitant with it.

Thanks, that does make sense. Pretty happy with with what I have in the driver now, but Nippon shafts have been so good in my last 4 sets of irons.

red is what caught my attention.

Great review Dean, this is a shaft I would really like to try out but with so many options it will be impossible unfortunately to find in any shop/store close by. Very impressed in the results you experienced. Thanks.

Have sets. Will send.

The yellow today was....

Fun.

Talk about FLAT.

The yellow today was....

Fun.

Talk about FLAT.

I want to try one so bad! Can't justify the price though !

Still need to try this shaft. I am happy with my HZRDUS though.

Still need to try this shaft. I am happy with my HZRDUS though.
I’ve never even seen one in person but I’m with you, would love to try someday

Back