Nippon Shaft: Light Weight Done Right

I believe he is referring to the awesome Mystery Bag items that featured some limited edition Nippon covers
Hahahaha, ah, gotcha, was some serious thinking that I’d missed some sweet lightweight steel headcovers somewhere :ROFLMAO:

Interesting timing for this as I played a round yesterday with my old Ping i20's shafted with Nippon 1150's. I forgot how much I love those shafts. I haven't hit them in a couple years and I forgot how amazing they are.

Superbly written. I learned something new, too. Of all of the steel shafts, I have had the best performance with Nippon, no doubt about it.

Huge fan of the Modus3 lineup. 3 very distinct profiles that are all great.

Though I can't stop but marvel at the success of the NSPro Lineup. I think that 950GH is the probably the modern Dynamic Gold for amateur golfers.

I learned quite a bit recently about how different the Modus 105 and 120 are. Up until a couple weeks ago, I thought it was just weighting. I had no idea that the 120 actually promotes a higher ball flight than the 105, which seems counterintuitive.

I learned quite a bit recently about how different the Modus 105 and 120 are. Up until a couple weeks ago, I thought it was just weighting. I had no idea that the 120 actually promotes a higher ball flight than the 105, which seems counterintuitive.
You need to try the 130 to get completely blown away on conventions.

I had some of the original Nippons in my old Titleist 690CB irons. They were great back then. I know they have had some great offerings since then. I will have to check them out & hopefully find a dealer to hit all of their offerings. i.e. Club Champion or the like

look, @Jman ...i've been really happy with my AMT Reds and now you gotta do this? :ROFLMAO:

That weight shaft is too much for me at 59 years old.

Junkyard is D O G.

But he’s not dumb.

Great write up @Jman !! I think the modus line overshadows the rest of what is a fantastic iron shaft line-up.

I have loved the Modus3 in 105. Had them in my Mizuno irons and then put them in the Forged Tecs.

Heads started flying off the shafts though and made me a little hesitant to try them again.

Like you said, I immediately think of NS Pro, Modus3 when I hear Nippon. Also...Henrik's beautiful ball striking.

Hahahaha, ah, gotcha, was some serious thinking that I’d missed some sweet lightweight steel headcovers somewhere :ROFLMAO:
Sorry for confusing the thread boys. @Jman, another great review as always.

Great write up @Jman !! I think the modus line overshadows the rest of what is a fantastic iron shaft line-up.
Totally agree. And it’s most interesting because the 950 are the shafts that put them on the map, so to speak. I do remember a time when they were stock options in several sets stateside, I know Nickent used to use them.

Totally agree. And it’s most interesting because the 950 are the shafts that put them on the map, so to speak. I do remember a time when they were stock options in several sets stateside, I know Nickent used to use them.

See I thought it was actually the 1150, Remember seeing a lot of those! And I had forgot about the too!

Nice write up!

Ok @Jman!! Been looking forward to this. Let’s see how this goes
285351956c678fbe611717a0300e9b7f.jpg

Well how did it go?
I have had the combo for almost two months and it really is a solid setup. I have had the irons for about a year and have tried probably 3 sets of shafts and the Zelos are the best of the bunch. I found them pretty stable and solid feeling. The next set of irons I play these shafts will get the first crack

How was the distance and feel? Any vibrations? Have elbow issues. Thank you

Back