Nippon Shaft MODUS3 Tour115 Review

How is the finish holding up? Any chips or scratche?

i'll take a pic and post it. the finish is holding up great. but the screen printed graphics are chipping pretty badly.

How is the finish holding up? Any chips or scratche?

here’s the 7i. for reference, my clubs are always in the bag and in my trunk. so this chipping is simply going in and out of the bag.

E491BEFE-B7C0-4F46-BC83-AEA4700977DF.jpeg

the only knock i have is the screen print durability is shite. lots of flaking, whereas the red printed on the steel have never flaked for me. doesn't affect performance whatsoever, but at the premium these cost i would expect better.

It gave every impression of durability, but really, really isn't. Sucks.

Finally getting my 115’s back in hand today, so naturally I’m thinking about installing them in my 921F’s right before I go on a golf trip :LOL:

@Jman i'm pumped for your feedback on these shafts over the golf extravaganza that you have coming!

anyone else try these? anyone else madly in love with these too???

@Jman i'm pumped for your feedback on these shafts over the golf extravaganza that you have coming!

Back in the day, about 15 yrs ago, the 115 was my favorite Nippon shaft.

I’ve not hit them but maybe 5-6 swings since I wrote the homepage review with them paired in my Miura CB57’s, so it’ll be fun to see if the data in that article holds true in more modern and technical irons!

modus 115? i thought it was a new offering?

They did not call it "Modus 3" at that time. But the model in the day, looking at it, has an old MacGregor MB attached to it is Modus Pro 1150 GH Tour in R flex. I did like that shaft. About 115g.

They did not call it "Modus 3" at that time. But the model in the day, looking at it, has an old MacGregor MB attached to it is Pro 115 in R flex. I did like that shaft.
For what it’s worth, that’s not the same shaft as these.

For what it’s worth, that’s not the same shaft as these.

You are correct. Not the same shaft and I did not intend to imply it was the same shaft. Everything changes. It was my favorite Nippon Shaft in that weight class -- Modus Pro 1150 Tour. I went to graphite about 2005-7 or so, but almost did not because of that shaft. Just going down Memory Lane.

I really like Nippon Shafts and felt the need to share.:)

Using the 105 in wedges.

You are correct. Not the same shaft and I did not intend to imply it was the same shaft. Everything changes. It was my favorite Nippon Shaft in that weight class -- Modus Pro 1150 Tour. I went to graphite about 2005-7 or so, but almost did not because of that shaft. Just going down Memory Lane.

I really like Nippon Shafts and felt the need to share.:)

Using the 105 in wedges.
It’s a fantastic weight range for sure, just hits a nice sweet spot for a lot of golfers imo.

They did not call it "Modus 3" at that time. But the model in the day, looking at it, has an old MacGregor MB attached to it is Modus Pro 1150 GH Tour in R flex. I did like that shaft. About 115g.

i loved the gh 1150! had it in a macgregor pro-c that is one of my favorite irons i've ever owned. the whole gh line is fantastic as well.

here’s the 7i. for reference, my clubs are always in the bag and in my trunk. so this chipping is simply going in and out of the bag.

View attachment 9018058

I find that a little disappointing. I've never had issues with any chipping/wear with the red logo on the chrome shafts.

I find that a little disappointing. I've never had issues with any chipping/wear with the red logo on the chrome shafts.
It’s not unheard of. My wedge shafts in the Edel’s have chipped a tiny bit on each.

It’s not unheard of. My wedge shafts in the Edel’s have chipped a tiny bit on each.

I must be babying them! :LOL: I do mostly use a 14 way bag with full length dividers, which I'm sure helps.

agreed. especially for the price. but whatever, it’s fine. they play too well for me to complain about anything.

I must be babying them! :LOL: I do mostly use a 14 way bag with full length dividers, which I'm sure helps.
That’ll definitely help. I hate 14-way bags with a passion. :LOL::LOL::LOL::LOL:

agreed. especially for the price. but whatever, it’s fine. they play too well for me to complain about anything.

Amen to that. I'm pretty stoked to be back in my 120s. They're heavy for sure compared to the 95g graphites, but I definitely missed the feel.

FINALLY I have these back in hand. Got my car back after almost 3 months and these were in the back.

Took the 9i out to hit across the property and with the CB57's I forgot how silly consistent these were for me when I wrote the review and collected the data within the article linked in the first post. But it came back immediately.

So as much as I want to not mess with the Miura setup, I'm going to pull them tonight and install in the 921 Forged for my Ohio/Myrtle trip next week. Whewwwwww.

Got these installed today. Should be good for some practice tomorrow and then turn the ferrules followed by a regrip and then packed up on an airplane. Theyre getting thrown RIGHT back into the fire.

Got these installed today. Should be good for some practice tomorrow and then turn the ferrules followed by a regrip and then packed up on an airplane. Theyre getting thrown RIGHT back into the fire.

how did they perform?

Hey Jman, I just ordered my 921F with the 115. How did they pair for you compared to the Miuras?

Back