Nippon Shaft MODUS3 Tour115 Review

Nippon Shafts

Jman

Golfing Equipment Reviewer
Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Thanks for the information. Good to know. I wish the color of the shaft was a little darker. Maybe the pictures make it look lighter than it actually is but it doesn't look like it's very dark at all. I've got some decisions to make. Trying to decide if I should go with the 115's or possibly the KBS $ Taper 125 S+ shafts. @Jman Any feedback on the 115's from your end?
Beyond the review? ;)

To me they’re more akin to the 125 than the 120, which was the intent of the design, sort of meshing the 105 and 125. To me and in my experience, they’re more stout in the hands and more stable feeling overall.

bradyja3

Reaction score
Beyond the review? ;)

To me they’re more akin to the 125 than the 120, which was the intent of the design, sort of meshing the 105 and 125. To me and in my experience, they’re more stout in the hands and more stable feeling overall.
Haha. Great review by the way! Trying to get as much info. as possible before I pull the trigger....they are expensive! Do you personally like the color of them or would you prefer a more black shaft?

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha. Great review by the way! Trying to get as much info. as possible before I pull the trigger....they are expensive! Do you personally like the color of them or would you prefer a more black shaft?
I actually prefer the chrome in these, but I’m biased since my set say prototype on them so I can be a bigger golf geek :ROFLMAO:

The black ones in hand though man....beauties.

They’re great shafts, truly. Nippon doesn’t put anything out that’s not truly a damn good design.

bradyja3

Reaction score
I actually prefer the chrome in these, but I’m biased since my set say prototype on them so I can be a bigger golf geek :ROFLMAO:

The black ones in hand though man....beauties.

They’re great shafts, truly. Nippon doesn’t put anything out that’s not truly a damn good design.
Haha...I don't blame you. Pretty sweet that they say Prototype on them!

Yeah, I love the 120's and have played some of my best golf with them. I've liked every Modus shaft I have hit. I just want to go to a darker shaft and wish I could see these in person. Would you say that the color in person looks pretty close to what the pictures show on this thread? Also, is the lettering more of a grey color or white?

Thanks for your feedback!

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Haha...I don't blame you. Pretty sweet that they say Prototype on them!

Yeah, I love the 120's and have played some of my best golf with them. I've liked every Modus shaft I have hit. I just want to go to a darker shaft and wish I could see these in person. Would you say that the color in person looks pretty close to what the pictures show on this thread? Also, is the lettering more of a grey color or white?

Thanks for your feedback!
if you love the 120s, why not seek out a set of the black 120s?

OldandStiff

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
+

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Great write-up @Jman ....lots of great info and details. Unfortunately not a weight profile for me but I can see a lot of golfers gravitating to this weight option. Nippon shafts in my limited time playing were so smooth, just wish my body was agreeable. Thanks again for sharing.

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Great write-up @Jman ....lots of great info and details. Unfortunately not a weight profile for me but I can see a lot of golfers gravitating to this weight option. Nippon shafts in my limited time playing were so smooth, just wish my body was agreeable. Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks buddy. Appreciate you reading!

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
@McLovin I wish I could find them in the 120s. Haven’t had any luck. :(
bummer! i think you mentioned $ taper. that’s a great shaft too. px lz made a black shaft too iirc. or go recoil 125 proto f5 custom!

rogt

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hope these come to retail cause the Tours are sick looking but ..$$$$$

McLovin

feelz good 2 b a Gsta
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
hitting these on the range the last couple days. man they are SO good. when the steel come to retail they’re going to be my shaft of choice.

Jman

Albatross 2021 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
Hope these come to retail cause the Tours are sick looking but ..$$$$$
Middle of the year, standard finish expected.

rogt

Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in