Nippon Shaft MODUS3 Tour115 Review

Thanks for the information. Good to know. I wish the color of the shaft was a little darker. Maybe the pictures make it look lighter than it actually is but it doesn't look like it's very dark at all. I've got some decisions to make. Trying to decide if I should go with the 115's or possibly the KBS $ Taper 125 S+ shafts. @Jman Any feedback on the 115's from your end?
Beyond the review? ;)

To me they’re more akin to the 125 than the 120, which was the intent of the design, sort of meshing the 105 and 125. To me and in my experience, they’re more stout in the hands and more stable feeling overall.

Beyond the review? ;)

To me they’re more akin to the 125 than the 120, which was the intent of the design, sort of meshing the 105 and 125. To me and in my experience, they’re more stout in the hands and more stable feeling overall.

Haha. Great review by the way! Trying to get as much info. as possible before I pull the trigger....they are expensive! Do you personally like the color of them or would you prefer a more black shaft?

Haha. Great review by the way! Trying to get as much info. as possible before I pull the trigger....they are expensive! Do you personally like the color of them or would you prefer a more black shaft?
I actually prefer the chrome in these, but I’m biased since my set say prototype on them so I can be a bigger golf geek :ROFLMAO:

The black ones in hand though man....beauties.

They’re great shafts, truly. Nippon doesn’t put anything out that’s not truly a damn good design.

I actually prefer the chrome in these, but I’m biased since my set say prototype on them so I can be a bigger golf geek :ROFLMAO:

The black ones in hand though man....beauties.

They’re great shafts, truly. Nippon doesn’t put anything out that’s not truly a damn good design.

Haha...I don't blame you. Pretty sweet that they say Prototype on them!

Yeah, I love the 120's and have played some of my best golf with them. I've liked every Modus shaft I have hit. I just want to go to a darker shaft and wish I could see these in person. Would you say that the color in person looks pretty close to what the pictures show on this thread? Also, is the lettering more of a grey color or white?

Thanks for your feedback!

Haha...I don't blame you. Pretty sweet that they say Prototype on them!

Yeah, I love the 120's and have played some of my best golf with them. I've liked every Modus shaft I have hit. I just want to go to a darker shaft and wish I could see these in person. Would you say that the color in person looks pretty close to what the pictures show on this thread? Also, is the lettering more of a grey color or white?

Thanks for your feedback!

if you love the 120s, why not seek out a set of the black 120s?

Great write-up @Jman ....lots of great info and details. Unfortunately not a weight profile for me but I can see a lot of golfers gravitating to this weight option. Nippon shafts in my limited time playing were so smooth, just wish my body was agreeable. Thanks again for sharing.

Great write-up @Jman ....lots of great info and details. Unfortunately not a weight profile for me but I can see a lot of golfers gravitating to this weight option. Nippon shafts in my limited time playing were so smooth, just wish my body was agreeable. Thanks again for sharing.
Thanks buddy. Appreciate you reading!

@McLovin I wish I could find them in the 120s. Haven’t had any luck. :(

bummer! i think you mentioned $ taper. that’s a great shaft too. px lz made a black shaft too iirc. or go recoil 125 proto f5 custom!

Hope these come to retail cause the Tours are sick looking but ..$$$$$

hitting these on the range the last couple days. man they are SO good. when the steel come to retail they’re going to be my shaft of choice.

Hope these come to retail cause the Tours are sick looking but ..$$$$$
Middle of the year, standard finish expected.

I’m wanting to get these back into play. I either need to fix the epoxy failures from the bad batch of GolfWorks epoxy, or I need to move them into my 921F or just leave them in the Miura’s :unsure:

I was thinking I need to get mine in play too. I'm finding it really hard to mess with my current setups though. Harder than normal. Seriousness takes a break for me in a couple weeks or so, so maybe I could put them in a set for 4th of July shenanigans and not worry about immediate performance. :unsure:

I’ve decided that once I get some new BB&F ferrules in I’m going to put these into my 921 Forged….. 👀

as a club ho, these shafts paired with the honma tr20 heads have done something impressive: shut down my wandering eye. it's going to take something VERY special to get me to switch.

there's just something about the 115 that is addictive to me. there's smoothness with stability. there's speed and control. i don't know enough about ei profiles to identify what it is about the 115 that works so well for me, but i want a similar profile in every club in my bag if i can. it's just so darn good.

the only knock i have is the screen print durability is shite. lots of flaking, whereas the red printed on the steel have never flaked for me. doesn't affect performance whatsoever, but at the premium these cost i would expect better.

Hoping to install these into my 921 Forged this weekend, I’ve been missing them a bit, need to pull them from the Miura’s.

as a club ho, these shafts paired with the honma tr20 heads have done something impressive: shut down my wandering eye. it's going to take something VERY special to get me to switch.

there's just something about the 115 that is addictive to me. there's smoothness with stability. there's speed and control. i don't know enough about ei profiles to identify what it is about the 115 that works so well for me, but i want a similar profile in every club in my bag if i can. it's just so darn good.

the only knock i have is the screen print durability is shite. lots of flaking, whereas the red printed on the steel have never flaked for me. doesn't affect performance whatsoever, but at the premium these cost i would expect better.
Do you have the black finish?

the color is really cool. gunmetal is the best way i can describe it. and the performance is just so damn good.
I have the same shaft in the 105 and love them. Buddy of mine has the 115 in his Blue Prints and It's smooooooothhhh. I could easily play them, but I think the 105 is the right weight for me. Mine are the chrome with red though.

The black is stunning.

This is pretty cool too though…. ;)
59EE5330-05F1-4F2A-9346-A2761122983D.jpeg

Back