Nippon Shaft MODUS3 Tour115 Review

I used to play x100's so that sounds amazing to me!!! PXi's are gettin hard to find and I hated the feel of the PX IO.....im sold on these!
I think the decision to sort of blend the 105 and 120 is pretty huge here, and getting lost in the shuffle of just being another option. Nippon doesn’t halfway anything, and these have had some extensive time and development put into them

I think the decision to sort of blend the 105 and 120 is pretty huge here, and getting lost in the shuffle of just being another option. Nippon doesn’t halfway anything, and these have had some extensive time and development put into them
I’m confused how you see this shaft as a blend of 105/120 when the EI curve shows this shaft to be a hybrid of the 105/125. I just don’t see any 120 influence in this shaft. The 115 has stiffer tip and butt section than the 105 but these sections are softer than the 125. Again, according to the EI curve, the 115’s mid section is a nearly the same or fraction stiffer than the 105’s mid section. The video attached explains the differences and I think the 115 will be the middle ground.

4725085C-051B-4B36-BAD9-137D4ED12F41.png4725085C-051B-4B36-BAD9-137D4ED12F41.pngC4D12294-6070-4B4E-A2B3-31A62DEA0E54.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m confused how you see this shaft as a blend of 105/120 when the EI curve shows this shaft to be a hybrid of the 105/125. I just don’t see any 120 influence in this shaft. The 115 has stiffer tip and butt section than the 105 but these sections are softer than the 125. Again, according to the EI curve, the 115’s mid section is a nearly the same or fraction stiffer than the 105’s mid section. The video attached explains the differences and I think the 115 will be the middle ground.

View attachment 8974929View attachment 8974929View attachment 8974938

Simple typos dude, I get going fast and these things happen, I am human after all.

Going back and checking my paper notes for the article, I wrote 125 each time, but typing went 120. Many apologies.

Nice write up, thanks @Jman! Another very informative article.

Simple typos dude, I get going fast and these things happen, I am human after all.

Going back and checking my paper notes for the article, I wrote 125 each time, but typing went 120. Many apologies.
All good Jman! I’ve made my share of mistakes too.

I really need to get my hands on a set of these because i liked the 105 but I bet I’d love these.

I really need to get my hands on a set of these because i liked the 105 but I bet I’d love these.
There’s a lot to like. I really do mean that, both from a weight and profile perspective.

hoping i can add to this thread, maybe not next week but the week after.

There’s a lot to like. I really do mean that, both from a weight and profile perspective.
Oh, I just want the sleek black shafts. There’s more to it?!

I do not know if it was ever mentioned, but for those on the fence of deciding to get a black set or not; there is 2000 sets available in each flex, so not that many. If you do want a set, I suggest not waiting.

Mod merge FTW! ;):ROFLMAO:

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

I read through that review, just wanted to give some comparison numbers between the entire Modus lineup.
Of course more reviews are always wanted. The idea was simply to use this great review thread to help those searching find them in the same place

Mod merge FTW! ;):ROFLMAO:

Can’t wait to hear your thoughts.

I am very excited to hit these. I am torn though on using these. I tried my absolute hardest to get a set in chrome as well so I don't have to use these. I may wait to see if any of my golfers wants a set and then have them do the testing between them all. The black looks so good, it's got a great finish to it and I've always disliked the red labeling so this is a welcome look for me.

I am curious how durable this black finish will be, I have read that previous black Nippon shafts didn’t hold up too well

I am curious how durable this black finish will be, I have read that previous black Nippon shafts didn’t hold up too well
20201128_223153.jpg

It's too early to say anything about durability, but they look and feel like very different finishes when handling and prepping/installing them.

View attachment 8976707

It's too early to say anything about durability, but they look and feel like very different finishes when handling and prepping/installing them.
They look a lot better in my opinion and the black looks very similar to the px blackout shafts in that pic

They look a lot better in my opinion and the black looks very similar to the px blackout shafts in that pic

20201128_235331.jpg

It's WAY lighter, with more of a copper&gray chrome, than a PX blackout. Closest, but still different, to a KBS black pvd like on $-taper, Hi-Rev, etc of what I have nearby. It's really a cool color that changes depending on the light.

Modus
PX Blackout
New Modus 115
KBS black pvd
KBS Custom gloss black
KBS Custom matte black
True Temper onyx

Hope that helps. My instinct is that it will be much more durable than the flatter modus black. It's a thinner coating, that seems much more fine, and applied in maybe a different way. It doesn't scrape or sand at all in the same way as... just about anything else on that counter.

View attachment 8976715

It's WAY lighter, with more of a copper&gray chrome, than a PX blackout. Closest, but still different, to a KBS black pvd like on $-taper, Hi-Rev, etc of what I have nearby. It's really a cool color that changes depending on the light.

Modus
PX Blackout
New Modus 115
KBS black pvd
KBS Custom gloss black
KBS Custom matte black
True Temper onyx

Hope that helps. My instinct is that it will be much more durable than the flatter modus black. It's a thinner coating, that seems much more fine, and applied in maybe a different way. It doesn't scrape or sand at all in the same way as... just about anything else on that counter.

your work room is like a candy store for golfers

View attachment 8976715

Modus
PX Blackout
New Modus 115
KBS black pvd
KBS Custom gloss black
KBS Custom matte black
True Temper onyx

Thanks for the pic, I really like the look of these and may have to try get my hands on a set. Not sure I can stomach the price this close to Xmas though

Back