Nippon Shafts N.S. PRO MODUS3 Tour 115 Chrome

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
Late in 2020 Nippon Shaft introduced the newest design into their MODUS3 lineup, the N.S. PRO MODUS3 Tour 115. Aimed at filling a void in their offerings, the Tour 115 is for the golfer looking for a traditional bend profile with familiar feel, but in a weight heavier than the Tour 105 and lighter than the Tour 125.

Continue reading...

I played the 130 in my previous irons and have the 105 in my current set and absolutely love them

If anyone is on the fence about Nippon shafts, I would say go give them a try

This is really great to see. I love my Tour 105s. I would like a little more weight though so good to see this. I am leaning on some Recoils right now in my next set of irons, but this will get a look for sure!

I have a feeling this is going to be a popular shaft for THPers.

I really like this weight and somehow either missed or forgot about this. As I get older I am constantly looking to drop some weight wherever I can. Hopefully Nippon can have shafts available this year as last year was a struggle and black? Yes please!

• Staff
For those wanting data, PLEASE hit the link in the article that takes you to the full review I did on that shaft design itself, just in a proto finish. It’ll have everything you could ask for in it!

Intriguing. Looked at the data in previous review and its all gibberish to me. :ROFLMAO: The only thing I care about is the black paint! In all seriousness I play the 120's and I would like to see the feel difference in these. The 120's are the best feeling iron shafts I have played.

i can't quit this iron shaft. it's just so perfect for me. i adore it in my current clubs, and hit it stock in the mizuno 223 recently and it performed every bit as well. it just suits me perfectly. just the goldilocks blend of the weight, bend profile, and feel that suits everything i need to deliver the club consistently. iron play is my strong suit right now, i would say i owe a big part of that to this golf shaft.

• Staff
Intriguing. Looked at the data in previous review and its all gibberish to me. :ROFLMAO: The only thing I care about is the black paint! In all seriousness I play the 120's and I would like to see the feel difference in these. The 120's are the best feeling iron shafts I have played.
You hurt me.😢

Nice! I may need to try this shaft.

personally i'd say the 115 feels a little more stable than the 120. the 120 is definitely one of the smoother steel shafts i've tried. i believe @Jman discussed this in his review, but the 115 is like the 105 and 120 had a baby. smoother feeling of the 120 but the stability of the 105. again, it's a goldilocks steel shaft for me.

I had the 120X in my Cobra Forged TEC, good but not my unicorn shaft.
Probably too stiff for me even tho the PGASS fitted me into it

Late in 2020 Nippon Shaft introduced the newest design into their MODUS3 lineup, the N.S. PRO MODUS3 Tour 115. Aimed at filling a void in their offerings, the Tour 115 is for the golfer looking for a traditional bend profile with familiar feel, but in a weight heavier than the Tour 105 and lighter than the Tour 125.

Continue reading...

Love this! Great review @Jman !!!

These come stock in the new Mizzy line i believe. Going to try them out for sure. Currently fitted into the 120's. The modus black finish @Jman mentioned in the article are absolute heads turners. Maybe they release a few more again?

These come stock in the new Mizzy line i believe. Going to try them out for sure. Currently fitted into the 120's. The modus black finish @Jman mentioned in the article are absolute heads turners. Maybe they release a few more again?

the black is so sick. it's definitely different than the black modus120. this black has more of a sheen, and is more gunmetal. afaik they're very difficult to find, and if you find them they're stupid expensive. if you're ocd, these might not be your cup of tea as the white screenprint logo chips off pretty easily.

It’s possible, but they’re usually pretty hard set on releases like that.

personally i'd say the 115 feels a little more stable than the 120. the 120 is definitely one of the smoother steel shafts i've tried. i believe @Jman discussed this in his review, but the 115 is like the 105 and 120 had a baby. smoother feeling of the 120 but the stability of the 105. again, it's a goldilocks steel shaft for me.
Heavy detail in the review (y)

It’s a great design to fill out their fitting matrix for sure.

It’s possible, but they’re usually pretty hard set on releases like that.

Yeah the black shafts they have released in the past are super hard to find and like @McLovin mentioned above..they aint cheap!

Oh yeah I saw where he said that I just want to experience the difference. I didn't really like the 105 when I tested them so combining/mixing doesn't jump out as appealing. :ROFLMAO: I really like Nippon shafts so I will test out when I can but it is gonna be hard to knock the 120's out.

I heart @Jman

I played the 130s for a number of years before moving to a different brand iron shaft. This year I am back in the 120s and looking forward to them. Reading about this has me intrigued, and I hope to hit them at some point and compare them agains the 120s.

I spent and year in the 120's and this would be fun to try, but I just can't make the switch back to steel again. :cry:

If I were ever to switch back to steel (I'm really enjoying the MMTs), Nippon would be my first choice. Love the 120s and would gladly give these a run.

Will anyone actually be able to get these...that is the question.

Will anyone actually be able to get these...that is the question.
They will, through authorized fitters. I believe numbers will still be pretty tame initially though.

Back