No glove wearers?

Shmeegs

Reaction score
Handicap
28....ish
Ever sense I was just starting out playing golf, I have never liked to wear gloves. Whether it was never finding one that I particularly loved wearing, or just not liking the feel of them, I feel like I always went without one. My hands don’t handle it as well as they used to but I still love the feel of the clubs on bare hands. I tape some fingers now to prevent some blistering but aside from a little bit of tape, I’m a no gloves guy.
Any other players here and why the no gloves? Any tape usage?
Ps) both my father and father in law are two gloves players but they are in their late 60’s and it prevents their hands from hurting. It’s always funny when anyone gets paired with us.

No gloves. Have tried some nice ones that I like but prefer to raw dog my grip. :ROFLMAO::cautious:

No gloves, no tape. Easy to save money not buying a glove when I was young and just am comfortable without one unless it’s raining. FootJoy rain glove then.

I switched this year to wearing one after not wearing a glove for almost 20 years.

After I switched to Winn Dri-Tac grips some years back, I went gloveless for several years because they were comfortable enough that I didn't need one. Then I started spending more time at the range practicing, and started getting blisters. Tried the Caddy Daddy Claw glove and was hooked, and I've been wearing one ever since. More secure grip than gloveless, no more blisters, and they last forever.

So you don't wear a glove, but you have to tape..? I sense an inefficiency there and that'd be a hard pass for me.

My hands are usually pretty beat from work, so a glove is a nice respite on my left, and as has been pointed out multiple times, my gloveless right has no limit to the amount of band-aids it wears. :LOL:

I dont wear a glove but I tape the bottom of the finger on my left pointer and middle portion of my middle finger. I use cord grips so my grip is fine but its solely for possible blisters.

Ive never seemed to find a glove that fits correctly. Every possible size and company ive tried fits loosely at my palm so when I try using a glove I feel it slipping during transition

I have been playing for 20 years and never wear a glove. I am a lifetime baseball player that played through college and never wore batting gloves either, and receiver in football and didn't wear gloves. I don't know just never liked gloves.

My hands sweat a lot, and I actually rotate between two gloves during the round. I would love to go no glove, but there is no way.

I don't wear a glove, and don't get blisters. I used a glove when I first started playing, I guess because I figured it was a necessity. One day I get to the course, and I had unfortunately forgotten that I'd put my glove in the bag wet after the last time out, it was a wadded up mess, and stiff as a board. I played that day without one, and have never used one since, I just found that I didn't need it. Of course I rarely play in the rain, and live in the West, so humidity isn't a problem. I keep my grips in good condition, and haven't had any grip problems, or issues with my hands, even with corded grips.

So you don't wear a glove, but you have to tape..? I sense an inefficiency there and that'd be a hard pass for me.

My hands are usually pretty beat from work, so a glove is a nice respite on my left, and as has been pointed out multiple times, my gloveless right has no limit to the amount of band-aids it wears. :LOL:

I just put a single wrap of tape on my thumb knuckles to prevent blisters but I’ve played rounds even without it. I know golfers who basically tape their fingers like old school football players but that’s probably more joint protection than blister protection.

No glove, no tape...I have asbestos for hands.

When I lived in upstate NY I never wore gloves, I always preferred being able to "feel" everything. Then I moved to Alabama and quickly realized I had to wear gloves lol. When it's hot my hands sweat like crazy so I usually end up wearing rain gloves. Is what it is but I make it work lol.

My hands sweat a lot, and I actually rotate between two gloves during the round. I would love to go no glove, but there is no way.

Only two? On a hot day I rotate 5 or 6 during the round~

I did no glove a couple times when I started out. I was finding that I would get a blister on my left thumb not exactly sure why but ever since going with a glove it hasn't been an issue, other than the day I played 36 holes but that was due to an excessive amount of play more than anything else.

I don't wear a glove, but live in a low humidity climate. I have 2 minor callouses on my left hand, but grip lightly.

I did it for a very brief time period back in my early 20s but it didn't last.

There's something about the added confidence of a golf glove that is super appealing.

I typically wear a glove, but sometimes I forget to put it on. I don't really notice a difference either way. However, my last round was so hot and sweaty I was wishing I had one for both hands.

I havent worn a glove for a few years. I practice a lot so my hands are pretty beat up. I have gloves but just dont wear em.

I haven’t worn a glove in 10+ years. I started because Freddy doesn’t wear one.

I always wear a glove. I had Dri-Tac grips on my wedges for a while, and I was able to swing them comfortably without a glove, but I won't even try it with the MCC's. I'm gloveless only for putting, and occasionally on partial swings.

No glove, no tape. Been that way for 50+ years of playing and with high humidity in the summer.

No glove now. Started out with two though. My grips aren't rough either so doesn't bother my hands. If I used the multi compound grips I probably would wear them again.

Same here. If I went no glove, I would be throwing clubs all over the place.

No gloves for 20 years, unless it is raining, which seldom happens here in California. I typically get out for golf 4-5 times a week playing 2-3 rounds and practicing 2-3 times a week for about 90 minutes each. Never had a blister and I have an office job.

I prefer more feel. Don't have to deal with putting it on and taking it off. Golf Pride MCC grips and learning to swing the club as opposed to hitting the ball really help make this all possible.

Back