No Hole(s) In One - Been Playing for X Years

This my 27th year and no HIOs for me. One day :drinks:

Took me 29 years to get mine. Definitely worth the wait!

If I ever get one, I’ll probably be playing solo which is about the same as never getting one because witnesses...

I've played for more years than I care to acknowledge, however no HIO for me. I've had a dozen shots either bouncing off the stick, roll past/over the hole, had one hit the hole edge and bounce out, a few more hit past and spun back. Those were the closest shots but none of them ever hit the bottom of the cup and stayed there. :(

Playing golf for 43 years and never had a hole in one. I have had an eagle on two pat 4's. One around 185yds out and one around 205 out. Still not a hole in one.

Off and on for 20 years, but only seriously for maybe 3-4 of those. I've been within a foot a couple times but never hit the jackpot.

Not bitter and I don’t particularly care if it never happens. I am genuinely happy when people get theirs (looking at you @Jman and @donny475). I also look forward to the free drink in particular.

One of my brothers got his when he was 12 years old. My other older brother got his last year at 50 years old.

But it’s been 35 years of playing for me. No ace (yet).

46 empty years for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I have been playing for 15 years without a hole in 1. Hit the flag 4 times and 2 of those times was at the base of the cup and kicked out.

If i ever had one I
If I ever get one, I’ll probably be playing solo which is about the same as never getting one because witnesses...

I always have the a similar feeling when playing alone, occasionally being thankful to not land on the green or near the pin for that reason. However, I'd like to get one since I bowled a sanctioned perfect game I'd like the witnessed hole in one to go with it.

I’ve been playing around 20 years and haven’t had one yet. Closest was probably 2 feet.

I’ll add another reply to relate the cruelest one ever. A par 3, 125 yds slightly uphill with a green that has a relatively severe slope from back right to front left. I hit a slightly thinned wedge that was tracking. A bit low but should carry. Lands on front edge and rolls toward the pin... DENIED.. lips off and up to the right and rolls to the fringe, which gave it a bit of a shove back down towards the hole. Could it be? DENIED... it lipped out again and ended up on the front edge... THAT’S when I stopped worrying about it anymore.

I'm probably going on year 26 without one. I know it just takes one shot but I'm such a bad iron player I have serious doubts it will ever happen.

I have been playing for 15 years without a hole in 1. Hit the flag 4 times and 2 of those times was at the base of the cup and kicked out.
I'm with this guy. I've never had one, but I've hit the pin a lot.

40 years, no hole in one, 1 albatross and too many eagles to count but 2 inches is still my closest to an ace.

I've had 3 HIOs and 3 Holes in 3... "Freddy Couples Pars!" I missed my 4th HIO at Gleneagles Kings Course because the flagstick had been blown loose, leaning forward, and my ball hit it square in the middle and stopped sitting on the edge. A hole later I drove over the green on a short par 4 and drained a sandwedge for an eagle. How I would have loved to have a 1 followed by a 2 on my card. I've been playing for 55+ years. My biggest thrill is still the Albatross I had on a 500+ yard par five.

30+ years with out a HIO until...…..last Sunday 3/1/2020 got my first. I had pretty much figured would never happen after being close so many times but this one happen to drop!!!!!

30+ years with out a HIO until...…..last Sunday 3/1/2020 got my first. I had pretty much figured would never happen after being close so many times but this one happen to drop!!!!!
Congrats!!!

38 years for me. I've hit the stick 3 times. One the flag was leaning against the front of the cup as the group ahead didn't put the flag in correctly. Super pet peeve of mine since that day and I was 14 playing with my HS golf coach that round. I've also had one disappear in the hole only to spin out and sit an inch from the edge. I hope one day to have one.

I have played of and in for over 30 years an no ace yet. Have holes out a lot for eagles on par 4s but no ace. This is the closest I have come. And it was 2 years ago.
614f42c71273d35dab19976d1dd8fc79.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

55+ years with no hole in one, and I can honestly say I don't really care if I get one or not! I've witnessed my share, and was happy for those who got theirs. Its not sour grapes, but what separates a hole in one from a near miss is usually a nice bounce.

Again, I'm happy for those who get one.

Does a hole in one count, if it’s on a 18 hole par 3 course? If so, When I’m 60 and still haven’t made a hole in 1. I will play par 3 18 hole courses, until I make one.

Last edited:
30 years. Came close once. Missed by 2 inches. I don't think it defines my enjoyment of the game though. If it happens great, if not, thats fine too.

I used to play with a guy who would sit at the par 3's with the sole purpose of playing them all day to try and make a hole in one.
One day he made one...... but he was by himself lol.

55+ years with no hole in one, and I can honestly say I don't really care if I get one or not! I've witnessed my share, and was happy for those who got theirs. Its not sour grapes, but what separates a hole in one from a near miss is usually a nice bounce.

Again, I'm happy for those who get one.

You are right, making a hole in one is usually a good shot and a lot of great luck. Most of us have hit the ball right at the pin only to find it just past or just short by inches. My first one was so lucky I could not make it in those conditions if I tried 1000 times.

Back