No Laying Up Podcast

Afizzle2100

Proud 2021 Grandaddy Alumni
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I’ve been listening to the No Laying Up (NLU) podcast for the past year now. It’s in my opinion the best golf content podcast out there. I’ve dabbled with the golf channel pod, the foreplay pod, and Erik Anders Lang. They all have their moments and I usually tune in depending on guest but the NLU pod I listen to quite religiously. It’s a great mix of tour analysis, and golf travel/competition. The group consists of 5 guys that have grew up together in some fashion. They have a Wide World of Golf where they play against pros, they have a “strapped” theme of videos where they are given $500 that the have to make last the entire trip for food golf and shelter. They usually play/highlight some really cool municipal golf courses that wouldn’t normally get any press. They have a lot of great content and if you haven’t checked them out you should. They are not perfect by any means, I disagree with a lot of their tour takes, and they have especially become obsessed with coverage takes. I admit the coverage could be better and commercials really can ruin the telecast, but it’s become a bit of a witch hunt at this point. They also fell way too deep in the Bryson hole. They guaranteed he would win the PGA by multiple strokes, picked him to win the tour championship, and proclaimed after the rocket mortgage that courses needed to be changed because of the way he plays. Sure has dominated since Detroit right...?;)

If anyone else listens to the pod please let me your takes on them. If anyone has any questions about it, feel free to ask! If you don’t listen to it then do you take in any other online golf related content? Besides the best of content on this forum of course :)

Disagree :cool:

About which part :LOL:
Probably....and this is just a possible guess...best golf content podcast out there. It seems two guys, don't know their names, have one on this site every Friday. But I'm sure you were well aware of what he meant and that was a tongue in cheek response:LOL:

But I do think NLU youtube stuff is for sure some of the best out there. Strapped and Tourist Sauce series are absolutely incredible and I'm loving the most recent Strapped in Peoria!

Last edited:
I listen to it and enjoy it. Some of it is a bit cheesy at times but they have decent knowledge for a group of nerd golfers. ;) Their focus at times is a bit extreme. None the less it’s an opinion piece and I understand that so I enjoy the banter while driving.

Not a big podcast guy but love there golf trips. Just watched Peoria last night. And I believe there next tourist sauce video will be in Bandon Dunes.

Probably....and this is just a possible guess...best golf content podcast out there. It seems two guys, don't know their names, have one on this site every Friday. But I'm sure you were well aware of what he meant and that was a tongue in cheek response:LOL:

But I do think NLU youtube stuff is for sure some of the best out there. Strapped and Tourist Sauce series are absolutely incredible and I'm loving the most recent one in Peoria!

lol I had a good idea what he meant I guess.....a little :LOL: but I put my disclaimer at the bottom that clearly it doesn’t compete with this sites content. kinda like when someone starts a sentence with, “no offense, but...” lmao.

But I agree the YouTube stuff really makes it for me. The first Peoria one was awesome and anytime I can watch Neil threaten the Mega Bonus only to Ikarito at the end is very satisfying.

NLU is my first listen on Monday mornings while I am working. The Trap Draw has the weekly city preview and they have been fantastic.

I'm a fan of NLUs content. Strapped series is special.

It’s a solid pod for sure.

Their recent episodes on Data Golf and Evans Scholars are great for when you're having trouble sleeping. Start listening and you'll be out within 5 or 6 minutes.

Big NLU fan and I have been listening to them for probably close to 4 or so years now and their product has come a very long way. If you want a podcast that is strictly golf with a bit of comedy than they are the podcast to listen to. Personally I enjoy Foreplay a lot as well as I enjoy Barstool Sports. But as far as golf YouTube content goes, NLU is the best out there.

I'm a big NLU fan as well.. I will say Off Course with @HipCheck & @Canadan is also a phenomenal pod which is getting better and better as it matures and they click. Those are really the only two pods i listen too.

Thanks! I'm just kidding about not liking NLU. They're good peeps with equally good content. There is a "we're the cool kids in school" vibe but if you can look past it, it's good because of their guests.

Last edited:
i tried, but i found most of their personalities really off-putting. a good podcast will bring you into the group; theirs feels more like they're letting you listen in but you're not allowed to sit at their table.

Really enjoy NLU especially the strapped series. I love the way they highlight munis and smaller less known courses. They have got ne more interested in the architectural side too.

Big NLU fan. Their podcasts are a great listen when I’m working around the house. I’ve watched all the Tourist Sauce and Strapped seasons multiple times. I really like DJ Pie. He seems like he would be a good addition to any guys weekend or poker night. I think the niche NLU has created for themselves is fun and enjoyable. Playing and talking golf all the time? Sign me up!

It's alright to me. I kind of like they just get right into the show without any preamble but it would be nice if they'd say who they are. Not knowing that makes me not care too much about the show.

I like the Get a Grip podcast more, and of course Off Course, Range Days, and Golfunfiltered.

I think there are better out there than NLU For the most part they do a good job.

That being said I think Soly on his own is fantastic. Tron is like sandpaper to to me.

Respect to what they've built over the years. I do not believe the feeling is mutual.

I have listened to NLU, not my vibe. They are obviously very popular but its not my thing.. There are many that I enjoy much more.

Their recent episodes on Data Golf and Evans Scholars are great for when you're having trouble sleeping. Start listening and you'll be out within 5 or 6 minutes.
I felt the opposite about this episode. I loved it and geeked out the whole time haha.

Respect to what they've built over the years. I do not believe the feeling is mutual.
That is unfortunate. Is this based off a personal experience with them or just how you feel based on their content?

Back