No more golf for this guy

Bomb_n_Gouge

Reaction score
Found out this morning I tore the cartilage in my wrist so they are putting a cast on me Monday. Don't know what I am going to do for the rest of the summer, maybe live vicariously through everyone on here.

What really sucks is that I have been in pain for a little over a month and I just shot a 78 on Monday, first time I ever broke 80! I was really looking forward to doing it again.

Anyone else every have this kind of wrist injury before? How did it end up?

dhjkelly

BOO
Reaction score
Handicap
sorry to hear lad. nothing worst than an injury stopping you from playing. maybe you be able to use the putting green to keep you tipping over. get well soon you'll be back to breaking 80 in no time

josephdaly111

Reaction score
Handicap
Really sorry to hear that you won't be able to play for a while. I really hope you will be back on the fairways soon

Bomb_n_Gouge

Reaction score
thanks! looks like it's the putting green for a while, couldn't hurt dhjkelly

HuskAir

It's in da hole!
Reaction score
Handicap
Bogey+
You aren't alone. My dad had rotator-cuff surgery a month ago, and will be off the course till at least next year. His knees are starting to go bad on him as well.

Sorry to hear you won't be able to golf for a while...hope for a quick recovery for ya!

c_ault

Reaction score
Really sorry to hear that I wish you a quick recovery.

Question: What did your wrist feel like before you found out?
I hurt my left wrist last Saturday either golfing or bike riding. I could barely move it sunday morning with pain shooting between it and my elbow, most of the pain was in the wrist on the outside by the knob (pinky side). It really hurt if I rotated my forearm. It has gotten better but there is still some pain in the wrist when I rotate my forearm.

Sean

Earthbound Extraterrestrial
Reaction score
Hope you get well soon B/G. I'm in the same boat but for a different reason.

TexasHacker34

Chasing the White Ball
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I fractured my wrist and was out about 3 months.. It's no fun. Good luck rehabbing

Tap tap taparoo

Tadashi70

Albatross 2020 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
That Sucks, I have played through some serious wrist pain and it's no fun at all. Never tore anything in the wrist but had a broken elbow for three months two summers ago. Worst three months and then 2 months of rehab. It sucked...Heal quickly...

Sooner21

I miss football
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry to hear about your injury. I'm out for a while with a different injury so I just read over this forum 20+ times a day and daydream about when I can play again.

One-T

Skimming since Nov 2009
Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry to hear that!

drewwood

Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry to hear that!

War Eagle

the Beags of THP...
Reaction score
Handicap
Rum
Hate to hear it, hope it heals nicely and you get back sooner than expected.

I was out for almost 3 weeks after I had a run in with a vegetable slicer with my hand. I was going stir crazy not being able to swing a club. On the bright side, my putting improved!

yorkem

The Terra Cotta King
Reaction score
Handicap
TMex 4.195
Sorry to hear that. I have not torn cartilage in my wrists, but I have done so in my knees. Usually just get them scoped and cleaned out, and am back to 100% in a couple of weeks at the most.

Josh_Ross

Georgia Southern Eagles!
Reaction score
Handicap
I'm sorry to hear about that injury. I really hope you get well soon so you can get back out there and shoot more great scores.

Tappin' away from my DROIDX.

Smallville

#WeLoveYouAlex
Reaction score
Handicap
In Flux
My high school golf coach had a cast on his left hand one season. He played one handed. Even with his right hand he was better than most of us!

VA. Vince

SC bound...
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN: 15.1
That stinks man, I know all about being injured and not being able to play. Heal up...

mikedean441

6X HOF
Reaction score
Handicap
congrats on the 78, bummer about the wrist...hoping for a speedy recovery for ya

hartattack52

High School Golfer
Reaction score
Handicap
Thats a shame. Get better soon.

Bomb_n_Gouge

Reaction score
Thanks for all the good wishes everyone, hopefully I can come back strong, might even be able to play some golf at the end of the season, until then it's THP or bust.

Question: What did your wrist feel like before you found out?
I hurt my left wrist last Saturday either golfing or bike riding. I could barely move it sunday morning with pain shooting between it and my elbow, most of the pain was in the wrist on the outside by the knob (pinky side). It really hurt if I rotated my forearm. It has gotten better but there is still some pain in the wrist when I rotate my forearm.
I is similar to that, rotating hurts it, especially counter clockwise, hitting the driver has hurt a lot

Drumdog

Drummin' for golf
Albatross 2021 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 6.3
Wow...that sucks!
I wish you a speedy recovery.

d_in_la

Not so in LA.
Reaction score
Handicap
?? & Rum.
Just a momentary set back. Heal and do your physical training and you'll be back out!

Father Frost

Reaction score
Handicap
Can't speak to the wrist, but I had reconstructive knee surgery last November. I was laid up for about a month before I could really walk around again, but at about 3 months I was able to go hit balls again. Try to get physical therapy to help with the healing process and take it slow! If you start feeling the pain again it's time to take a break. You'll be back in no time!

JWLI

Banned
Reaction score
Handicap
Look at it this way: That 78 is going to go a long way.

It sucks that you have to quit playing for a while, but having broken 80, you have a very positive thing to focus on and if you want a thought to get you through, think about how much better a player you've become and how much opportunity will be there when you get back. You will have some time to let those thoughts sink in and I think this whole situation has the potential of making you a better golfer in the long run!

I wish you a speedy recovery!

ripper

Reaction score
Handicap
Sorry to hear about your injury man, that is tough

Welcome to The Hackers Paradise

Don't just play golf, live it!

Register Log in