"No, no, no, no, I don't eat that any more"

No, Benadryl is an antihistamine. It helps prevents or lessens allergic reactions... like people have with plant pollen or animal dander, or mild allergic reactions to food or something like that. It won't help with anaphylactic shock or reactions like that I don't believe.

Fried entrails? Nope. Hard pass... but this isn't the US you're talking about. It's a different culture. And they probably didn't have General Tso's Chicken either did they?:ROFLMAO:

General Tso's Chicken is an American invention... chunks of chicken in a tempura batter, deep fried and then smothered in a dark sweet sauce... usually it has some mild spice to it. Heat spice as well as sweet flavor.

Dog gone it. Now I want eggrolls!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I think at the time stomach pump would have been best intervention hahaha, was only few hours and I was good )

No that was in Hong Kong , the entrails etc But Singapore very different immaculately clean and they had huge amount of street food and other offerings , we went to Maxwell food hall to have the worlds cheapest Michelin star meal $3 chicken piece ,cooked in a milk and with rice and spice was very tender and nice . It’s a meld of cultures and food styles , soo much to choose
After seeing that tv show I watched the other day talking about garbage drain oil and the criminals that reclaim it and filter it and resell it to the same restaurants that dumped it in the sewers in the first place, I'm not touching anything fried in any kind of oil in China.

Yes, I know Singapore isn't in China nor is Hong Kong.:ROFLMAO:

But the sentiment is the same.:ROFLMAO:

Nothing dramatic but it's cottage cheese for me. When I was really health conscious in my 20s I tried like hell to find a way to eat it and I just couldn't get more than two bites down. Haven't tried since and don't intend to 🤷‍♂️
I cannot eat celery for similar reasons - the texture just gives me the willies

I was on an exchange trip in high school and tried poutine. I spent the next couple of days "out of commission" and haven't touched poutine since. Honestly, nothing about it interests me.

Fondu. Tried it once a few years ago and it was great but I must have done something wrong because that night I was so sick I think I crossed over to the light once or twice. Now just seeing a fondu pot is terrifying.

There's this place in town that's basically just a self service Mongolian BBQ joint. I don't know anyone who's ever been there that hasn't had it come out of them violently one direction or another. Yet, it's still open at this point I just assume it's a front for mob and money laundering.

Nothing dramatic but it's cottage cheese for me. When I was really health conscious in my 20s I tried like hell to find a way to eat it and I just couldn't get more than two bites down. Haven't tried since and don't intend to 🤷‍♂️

I'd like to add cottage cheese to my list. It just looks so gross and the taste, no thank you. Hard no.

No, Benadryl is an antihistamine. It helps prevents or lessens allergic reactions... like people have with plant pollen or animal dander, or mild allergic reactions to food or something like that. It won't help with anaphylactic shock or reactions like that I don't believe.

It won't fully stop an anaphylactic reaction, but it will certainly help those who are just a step below that on the uh oh scale. Welts, the nausea side effect, it'll help. Closing of airways? I mean.. It's better than nothing if you don't have an epi pen near by.

When I was a little kid, I helped my dad carve a pumpkin. The smell of the raw pumpkin was so bad, I didn’t even try pumpkin pie until several decades later.

Anything watermelon flavored.... I just got home my first knee surgery, I was sitting around enjoying my buzz from the pain medicine and was pretty messed up. Ate a 6 pack of watermelon jello. Shortly after that, I passed out. Woke up, thought I had slept until morning and popped another Percocet but the sun was going down. Hahaha I will never forget the feeling of helplessness. Puking and sh*tting, trying to make it to the bathroom on crutches with my leg wrapped thigh to ankle in bandage all while completely f*cked on pain pills. EVERYTHING in my bedroom and bathroom smelled of watermelon mixed with puke and ****. I couldn't even hose myself off in the shower afterwards because the bandages and had to call my mom to help me. Makes me shiver every time I even smell it.

Hahaha awesome thread.

When I was little my mom used to get these things at the butcher called mock chicken legs. Basically pressed chicken meat on a stick. No amount of water or milk would satisfy the dryness in my throat after eating those! No amount of ketchup or gravy would make it tastier! I believe I even told my mother the exact words in title thread" No! I will not eat these ever again!" And of course she made them the very next week:D

Steamers… steamed clams, for those that haven’t had them. Loved them for many years. Got sick on ’em once and laid off.

A few years later, gave them a go (1 lone steamer, actually) and knew immediately that I was doomed. Yakked up whatever went down my gullet for 3 days.

Sadly, I must have developed an allergy and will never try one again. But damn, they’re delicious.

Being a glutton for punishment (and, my wife says, an idiot) I proved to myself that the same allergy holds true for fried clams. 🤪

No there are some things I won't eat (animal organ meats) intentionally... except for today with some giblet gravy for mashed taters. Don't @ me.

There are other foods I don't like but I don't think I have an aversion. Except for bugs. In survival school the instructor was dead set on finding us a colony of ants to dine on to overcome our food aversions. Thankfully, it was February and there was not a bug to be found under the layer of snow.

We were not an organ meat family either. My Mom tried to feed us chicken livers twice. Why I can't imagine! The first time was like trying to eat little lumps of sand! We went out for burgers. About 6 months later she tried again! Lumps of sand. My Dad's fork hit his plate with a resounding clank and he said, "Eleanor, don't ever make these again!" We went out for burgers.

Quite a few years ago, I was watching a show that featured a tall, good looking blonde who would go on hunting adventures all over the world. She was in China, or someplace like that, with lots of street food vendors at night. She walks walks up to one to see what they have. She says, "Oh! Deep fried bugs! How appetizing!"

I got giardia in Tanzania, was the sickest I have ever been, most likely from water.

I also got really drunk one night on a Fireball like whiskey in Tijuana…cant drink cinnamon flavored anymore without gagging.

I got giardia in Tanzania, was the sickest I have ever been, most likely from water.

I also got really drunk one night on a Fireball like whiskey in Tijuana…cant drink cinnamon flavored anymore without gagging.

Ugh. Fireball scent alone makes me gag a bit because it’s just gross.

Made the mistake of being sober once at a party that turned into a Jager fest that went bad. That scent alone, immediate flashbacks and hard no.

Yes, I am done with the Subway sub of any form. I stopped going there years ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I avoid going to a certain restaurant - sushi - afterwards I spent a horrible night from which my toilet has not recovered.

So my wife and I were out running a few errands this evening and drove through a congested retail area we usually avoid. She said, "Look - Asian Barbecue and Hot Pot!" And I said, " I will NEVER eat there, and I love Asian barbecue." She asked if my ill-fated trip to a hot pot restaurant in China had scarred me that much. I reminded her that I lost ten pounds after that meal because I ate exactly one green bean in the next four days and I barely kept that down.

She thought my aversion was a little much. How about you? Have you had a bad experience with a food or a meal that soured you on it permanently?

mine was Sushi, and it took me YEARS to get over it. So it wasn't permanent but definitely made me avoid it for a long time.

I don't avoid particular foods due to a bad experience, but following a bout of gastroenteritis I developed an intolerance for a number of food ingredients where I now suffer from stomach cramps if I eat certain things

mine was Sushi, and it took me YEARS to get over it. So it wasn't permanent but definitely made me avoid it for a long time.

"Sushi is the Japanese word for 'bait.'" - Jay Leno

Hmm, interesting question.
I despise
- Chinese Bitter Melon
- Snotty poorly cooked okra
- Sea Cucumber
- "Squeeze then crunch" textured foods
- Black licorice
- Licorice flavour (unless done subtly like using Anise in Chinese soups)
- Certain offal - like Kidney, some liver
But have not had a BAD experience with them. I just don't like them at all.

I have been food poisoned off of raw oysters and street meats, but I will still eat them with a careful eye to preparation.

I will not drink Jagermeister.

It took me three shots at scallops before it finally dawned at me that I nearly passed out and vomited every single time that I tried them.

The first two incidences were apparently far enough apart for me to not make an association.

Third time was the charm, however.

For me it was tortellini from a large chain restaurant. I enjoyed a bowl while on summer vacation some years ago and got pretty sick with food poisoning. I never ate it again. Convenient that it was discontinued a couple years later...

Retired CBS journalist Charles Osgood claimed that his four food groups were sugar, fat, caffeine, and alcohol. So on that basis, I'll allow it, but you may want to go for a litle more balance.

Drink is Wild Turkey. I LOVE bourbon, but I got really sick from Wild Turkey. If somebody opens it I am straight

Food is going to be Applebee's. I've had food poisoning from there 2 times. NEVER AGAIN!

The wife is 1/2 Lebanese and they eat some crazy stuff. They serve this stuff Kibbe. It's served raw often. Ground up beef and lamb with some spices. Then they serve it like mashed potatoes with a bowled area and pour oil into that bowled area.....I tried it once like that.

The wife is 1/2 Lebanese and they eat some crazy stuff. They serve this stuff Kibbe. It's served raw often. Ground up beef and lamb with some spices. Then they serve it like mashed potatoes with a bowled area and pour oil into that bowled area.....I tried it once like that.
There is an east African restaurant that has something similar - they offer these similarly spiced and ground meats in raw or cooked format with various types of fermented sourdough flatbreads. I have been extremely curious to try it - I'm not sure I would be into the ground raw meat from a textural and safety point of view, but these more exotic cuisines really interest me.

Back