No Par 3 Contest at the Masters

While everyone enjoys the par 3 contest, probably a smart move. Keep the players safe. But there is also a chance someone could have it coming in.

dumbbbbbbbb

Bummed about this for sure. I couldn't care less about College Game Day lol

Last edited:
I am sad about no par 3

I think it’s the best move to make. As fun as it is, having family help caddie a lot of golfers and with everything going on in the nation/world, that’s more opportunities for exposure. Hopefully next year it returns.

“The fun and excitement of watching Masters competitors with their friends and family is what makes the Par 3 Contest such a special part of Masters week,” stated Ridley. “We know that experience could not have been replicated without guests and patrons at Augusta National, and we eagerly anticipate the opportunity to bring back this signature tradition.”

This is an outrage. Replacing it with College Gameday, are you nuts?!

The easiest possible solution here would be to introduce about 10 featured groups fully mic'ed up and giving each other ****. Then we get to enjoy it at the next level and continue not caring that the greens aren't lined with fans.

No Par 3 contest?!?!?!?! Ridley's well and truly gone round the bend on this one. I mean... c'mon man!

This was a fun topic on Off Course this morning.

When I think of the Par 3 contest I think of family, so it makes sense to cancel it (under the assumption all of this family is not allowed in bubble).

So freaking lame. Who cares about College Gameday, its the freaking MASTERS.
I totally get where you are coming from. ESPN pays a BLEEP load of money for the Masters and want to sue that platform to expand their horizons to people that may not watch one or the other. I only watch Gameday when the Gophers are involved and will tune in to watch it at Augusta.

The Masters continues to show us they lack imagination, creative thought, or even ... thoughts.

I like College Gameday but don't think it has any place at the Masters. I'm not a consume everything Masters (I am for the Open Championship and US Open) like most are on here and couldn't tell you the last time I watched the Par 3 Tournament, but it is tradition and too bad it will not occur this year.

The Masters continues to show us they lack imagination, creative thought, or even ... thoughts.
This comment makes less than zero sense.

1. While college gameday doesn't excite a lot of folks on this forum it does bring eyes to the tournament.
2. The Masters social media and YouTube page bring excitement and nostalgia.
3. They kept the tournament instead of cancelling. They moved to November and are making it work.
4. They still found a way to get patrons to buy souvenirs and keep it exclusive.
5. Drive, Chip, and Putt and the Women's Amateur show they are progressing with the times while still keeping their tradition.

Last edited:

College Gameday ratings are absolutely enormous for sports viewing on a weekend.

Back