No tool included - used adjustable clubs

Carolina Golfer

Reaction score
Handicap
Have been searching for a used 9 wood for my wife and wonder why aren't tools included for most used adjustable clubs?

Have been searching for a used 9 wood for my wife and wonder why aren't tools included for most used adjustable clubs?
I’ve never understood that either. Whenever I’ve sold a club, I’ve been able to use it as an incentive to pick my item by including tools and/or headcovers.

my comment is specific to places such as eBay buying from a private seller and such. But yeah, stores don’t usually include tools

I’ve never understood that either. Whenever I’ve sold a club, I’ve been able to use it as an incentive to pick my item by including tools and/or headcovers.

my comment is specific to places such as eBay buying from a private seller and such. But yeah, stores don’t usually include tools
I have so many that I don’t care if they are included or not anymore…even new.

I have so many that I don’t care if they are included or not anymore…even new.
Ha anything I’ve sold, I’ve ended up including it so I only have two right now

I recall with the G410 series if not earlier Ping only give a wrench when you buy a new driver. They supposedly aren't included if you buy a hybrid or fairway wood. I'm not sure if other companies do anything similar with new clubs. It helps that every company uses the same screw head except for Srixon who has to be difficult.

Like others mentioned because they don't trade them in w/ the club but I also think if people do they'll sell them them separate. Good news is that Ebay is full of those tools. I got my MyFly 8 wrench for 6 bucks including shipping and it was still in the factory packaging.

I recall with the G410 series if not earlier Ping only give a wrench when you buy a new driver. They supposedly aren't included if you buy a hybrid or fairway wood. I'm not sure if other companies do anything similar with new clubs. It helps that every company uses the same screw head except for Srixon who has to be difficult.
Not sure if it was because I bought them when they were an old model, but both my Cobra fairway woods did not include a tool. My driver did though.

Tools for adjustable clubs are like instructions - they are the first thing to get cast aside once you've ripped the plastic open.

The only explanation I can think of as to why the manufacturers don't include a wrench with a fairway or hybrid club is that they figure you've already got their driver?

Ha anything I’ve sold, I’ve ended up including it so I only have two right now

Same with me. A Hogan and a Callaway. Nice thing is that they both can be used for either brand of driver.

Have bought new fairways from Cobra and Ping, hybrids from Ping. No wrenches with any of them. I had a couple but they were tossed when I moved the last time so I actually bought one off eBay (Ping with the torque feature). It as others, before that I just used a torx head wrench - have plenty as the GS motorcycle needs them.

Every used adjustable club I’ve purchased from Calloway pre owned has come with the tool.

If I buy a cobra fairway from the last few years, is any Cobra wrench bought on line fine?

Probably because most people don't trade them in and keep them in a drawer at home with 15 others.
Hahaha, fact. Pretty sure I have like 50

I do wonder where all of the extra go. I can say, I have given some away, sold a few (many MANY years ago, before they were commonplace), and sent them to buyers with clubs - though not always the matching tool). So, after all that, I have exactly 2 in my possession. One I keep in the bag, and one I keep in the work room.

I guess in 100 years, archeologists will be scratching their collective heads wondering why dumps are filled with K-Cups, Driver/FW tools, and disposable diapers, oh and plastic everything?

Something that I find as annoying: missing head covers.

My local shop sells used clubs, then has a bin with all of the used head covers that come with trade-ins. You have to hunt, purchase separately, and hope that no one else picked it out because they liked it.

Something that I find as annoying: missing head covers.

My local shop sells used clubs, then has a bin with all of the used head covers that come with trade-ins. You have to hunt, purchase separately, and hope that no one else picked it out because they liked it.
So they sell you a new club including the head cover and take your old club in trade with the head cover, then sell them separately. Hmmmm sounds a little suspicious to me.

I think some of the older Cobra clubs had a smaller size tool. My old Fly Z Driver didn’t have a standard size. But besides that they are all the same. So doesn’t really matter. Now no headcover? That’s a different story.

Back