NO1 48 Pro Swing Grips Review

Jman

Here for the Conversation
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
SOFTCAPPED
While stateside the minds of golfers may immediately go to a handful of companies when choosing their swing grips, there are in fact others who are immensely popular on a global scale. One of those is NO1, the Japanese based grip manufacturer utilizes a proprietary elastomer and mixes it with deep traction dimples which they believe creates the ideal blend of feel and comfort.

THP has previously spent time with NO1’s 50 Pro grips, and their ability to blend texture and feel was a standout aspect. So, when we heard the company was bringing a slightly lighter and standard size sibling to market, we had to find out more.

Continue reading...

Thanks for the review. Love the look of them.

They appear to have a very similar look to the Tour Velvet line - how do they compare?

• Staff
They appear to have a very similar look to the Tour Velvet line - how do they compare?
WAY more grip. The pattern is more aggressive by a notable margin and the material has significantly more tack.

look like lamkin no?

• Staff
Great review @Jman!

Is it just me or are they kind of lamkin looking?

Pretty sweet they have more tack and grip!

• Staff
Great review @Jman!

Is it just me or are they kind of lamkin looking?

Pretty sweet they have more tack and grip!
Looks they have similarities, but looks are where it ends. The Lamkin nor the Tour V have this level of grip, texture, and tack.

$16 per huh? Yikes.

They look good and probably offer something different than other grips. That being said, price: $16.00/grip = no thanks

Looks they have similarities, but looks are where it ends. The Lamkin nor the Tour V have this level of grip, texture, and tack.

That's very exciting to hear!

They look good and probably offer something different than other grips. That being said, price: $16.00/grip = no thanks
It’s definitely pricey, but, right in line with the pricing for the Iomic/NO1 segment.

If I remember correctly @Jman you prefer cord grips right??

Are the NO.1 grips something you could see yourself putting on your whole set? I think im forever in the z-cord grip. Ive tried MCC's and really didnt care for bottom hand rubber part

I also tried Pure DTX grips and pulled them off after 5 swings

I haven't tried these yet obviously but I have used one of these in the past. They had some bright fun colors to choose from and the grip was definitely tacky, I quite enjoyed it actually. Hoping they bring those color options to this line because I'd be interested in trying again.

Coincidentally, I was looking at Iomic Grips last night. Iomic has many models. Their newest model is rather soft. Do you know if the NO1 are similar or the differences? Thx.

I'm not familiar with this brand, so this was an introduction for me. They look nice and I like the gray in particular, however as others noted a $16/per price is definitely more than I'd be looking to spend when re-gripping.

Coincidentally, I was looking at Iomic Grips last night. Iomic has many models. Their newest model is rather soft. Do you know if the NO1 are similar or the differences? Thx.
The material is soft here, but much more texture than Iomic, a LOT more, through their pattern.

The material is soft here, but much more texture than Iomic, a LOT more, through their pattern.
100% agree with this.

You say they are great in the humidity. Enough to get rid of my corded grips?

Thx, I have one of the newer, softer Iomic when a Rogue driver arrived. Was not that impressed when I put a little moisture in my hand.

Need to buy three of these NO1... the 50 is the same as the 48 in that I just won't need an extra wrap?

This is an interesting knowledge nugget. Good to Know.

I was shocked at the price of these. When I saw them online, they looked cheap to me.

Has anyone seen these in a retail store?

I ordered four to get free shipping. We will see. My grips usually last a couple of years as I wash and rinse them frequently. We will see how it goes.

Strangely enough, I just threw a non-Pro 48 series on a 6 iron that I am testing out. I have a grip sickness and I have almost every Iomic, various Golf Pride and numerous Lamkin grips at the ready in my workbench. I've had these non-Pro No1s in my bench forever, but never tried them. I'm fighting some hand discomfort recently, so I decided to give them a go.

I should start with the caveat that the Pros and Regular Series 48 grips are supposed to be considerably different. With that said, I really liked the soft texture and firmness of the elastomer coupled with a fairly aggressive pattern. Made me feel like I had a really secure grip without the consequences of our similar soft grips which feel twisty or too squishy. I ordered a Pro 48 this weekend, and will potentially give them a try but I think the extra cushion of the regular version might be perfect for me.

I've been intrigued by NO1 grips for a few years but haven't tried them yet. This article makes me even more intrigued and puts them higher on the list to try. (y)

Back