NO1 48 Pro Swing Grips Review

how do these compare to iomics? in terms of overall grippiness

I was shocked at the price of these. When I saw them online, they looked cheap to me.

Has anyone seen these in a retail store?
There’s nothing cheap about them quality wise.

I find them to be way tackier. It is a strange sensation that they are as soft, but tackier and more aggressive at the same time.

Mentioned it in here before, but they’re as tacky material wise, but the texture makes them way more so. Likewise, the Pro’s are WAY more firm than Iomic’s standard.

I have a colored grip obsession so have tried multiple versions of the No1s and Iomics. The non-pro versions of the 48s and 50s look amazing and have a ton more tackiness than GPTVs and Crosslines, but the combination of the simple depth and material (and probably my too tight grip pressure) always felt too squishy and like the club was twisting in my hands. I tried multiple wraps of tape and stretching the grips out but could never get them to feel stable. The Pros are definitely better in this regard, but there is still a little squish/twist to them. But the tackiness is still off the charts so am going to give them a chance as I live in Texas and sweat like crazy.

I was shocked at the price of these. When I saw them online, they looked cheap to me.

Has anyone seen these in a retail store?
They don't feel cheap at all and no not in retail store but a local club builder had some

They don't feel cheap at all and no not in retail store but a local club builder had some

I would love to see and feel these. The Matte Black option is really good.

I tried this brand a few years ago and found them way to soft and squishy for my taste. Seeing they firmed them up is great to year. Curious about them being lighter.

Ordered a few yesterday morning. Shipped last night.

Nice write up. I dig the sound of how these feel. I really like some of the color options in the non-pro and 43 series lines. wish they carried some of those over to the pro lines. Good looking grips,i need to look into them more.

Nice review, @Jman . Any chance these knock your lamkin ST+2's out or are those firmly seated?

I'm tempted to pick up some navy ones but $16/ea is a tough pill

They absolutely look different. Just curious.
I can’t really compare them. I’m a cord guy, and I also play 250+ rounds a year so they’re the only kinds that really last for me. But, im 100% using a 48 on driver, fairway, and UW

I can’t really compare them. I’m a cord guy, and I also play 250+ rounds a year so they’re the only kinds that really last for me. But, im 100% using a 48 on driver, fairway, and UW
Appreciated! I know you play a lot and that is why your opinions are so great. You can guarantee your thoughts come from real 'live fire action'. :) Thanks again.

I’ve used NO1’s quite a bit. In fact the 50 Pro is probably my favorite grip. The 50 Pro, and I assume the new 48 Pro are medium firmness. Definitely not soft. But not as firm as most cord grips. Durability is a little better than GP multicompounds. But not as good as Lamkins which I find to be generally the most durable grips. Wet performance is good. The standard non-pro versions are quite different animals. I find them soft but not squishy. Excellent++ grip traction. For me they are not at all durable. I’ve found they rarely last more than 25-30 rounds before noticeably beginning to degrade. Conversely the Pros last me a full season. They are on the pricey side. Beware buying them on ebay. There are typically quite a few fakes there.

They look great but 16 a grip is out of my price range.

Nice write up. I had never heard of this brand before so great introduction to NO1 for me. Price is a little high for me though. Interesting that things like the paint fill is done by hand.

Look good but not sure $16 grips are something I’d buy.

Great write up Jman! I’ve used these in the past and thought they were Ion. Makes sense now and really enjoyed these during my time.

Just gripped up the first 50 Pro - when installed, the material stretches out to make it firmer than you'd think before installation. I was hitting in 106F this afternoon and the grip was firm yet tacky - surprisingly so. If you have speed, I would not be concerned as there is no squish here. The indentations in the grip stretch to firm up. As posted above, these look like they'd last a season or more, depending on amount of play.

Let's compare with what I have now. I think the Lamkin ST+2 Hybrid is the all around best grip for me when I'm playing a round.

When I am on the range, and RIGHT NOW I spend most of the time on the range, the NO1 Pro is grippier for sweaty, hot climate range time, shot after shot. You really feel it can tear up your hands. lol. I don't mean literally. But it's cord-like in that way. In fact, that's my instructor's quote. But let me spend time with it and I'll get back.

I think the NO1 Pro 48 or 50 will be a great hot weather grip. I think the difference between the two is that the 50 Pro plays like a +1 wrap.

Last edited:
These might be the choice @Jman

Back