Non-Golf Bucket List?

RayG

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
As there is the “Golf Bucket List” thread “up there”- like the title says:
What is on your “Non-Golf Bucket List”?

Mine is going on that 2 Week Boat Trip through the Maldives to surf my brains out.

Non-golf bucket list? Is that a thing?

At the top of my list is my kids growing up, going to college and doing better than me.

Outside of that, I'd like to get a Corvette again....I've had two, sold both...I want another one in the future.

Hmmm, I don't really have one outside of traveling. The top of my travel list right this second are Vietnam and Japan.

Mine is entirely travel-based, I think.

I've done skydiving but would do a tandem again somewhere other than New Zealand again.

Original bungy jump at Kawerau River Bridge in New Zealand

African Safari

India

Japan for forged blades (both golf and kitchen), sushi & monkeys in steam baths

Scandinavia

Basically like most it's travel related but having a vineyard would be the top end of the bucket list

Funny, I don't have a bucket list anymore. I have done so many adventurous things while traveling I am filled to the brim. To name a few:
Two safaris to Africa, camping out in tents in the wild, with elephant, lions, hyenas, etc roaming through camp.
Seven day vacation on the island of Pico Azores going out daily to swim in the water with sperm whales.
Swimming with dolphins in Bimini Bahamas.
36 day vacation to New Zealand/Australia, swimming in the Great Barrier Reef, and front row seats to the Australian Open Tennis tournament.
The list goes on and on, and one thing I have found out, there is no place like home for this 65 yo man.

For a long time it was “don’t die”

That’s past now thankfully. I plan to retire inside of 10 years. I’ve purchased land in SE Alaska and I plan to move up there in the spring in 9-10 years, build a cabin, and not get ate by a brown bear (I’m on a salmon stream, lol).

I’m ready to go now if needed but 10 years will be better.

Outside of that? I don’t want promoted at work. It ain’t worth it to get past my level. Not with my company. I’d make less per hour? That’s not a win/win but I’m eventually going to end up with a child for a boss. If he’s good with my cantankerous old ass, cool. If not, Alaska is doable now.

Going to a Red Sox World Series game at Fenway.

I have a bunch of trips on my bucket list right now, these are probably the ones that are the highest up that I'm legitimately trying to do in the next 5ish years.

1) Japan and China
2) Southeast Asia
3) France, Portugal, and back to Oktoberfest in Munich (the only repeat on the list)
4) Ireland and Scotland

Not the most ambitious bucket list item but I want to be able to play my favorite album (Led Zeppelin II) front to back, note for note, on guitar.

#1 on my Bucket list: Packer game at Lambeau Field with my Dad.

I would like to visit as many National Parks as possible.

I would like to visit as many National Parks as possible.
Do you do the National Parks passport book to get a stamp at each one you visit?

FOr me, the main item is when i retire, Soon, The wife and i spend an entire year traveling in the Motorhome. Seeing all the things we just brushed past going from one duty station to another when i was in the Military. We spent time in so many places but never had the time to stop. I finally got to se the Grand Canyon last year....so much more to see.

1. Try not to die before I’m able to retire.
2. Live long enough to enjoy it.

When I’m out, I’m out. I plan on that happening 51-52. Thus a lot of work getting into shape now. Round won’t cut it when living almost 100% off the land. I’ll have a very busy first year building a cabin and getting set up. And not getting ate by a brown bear.

I’m 42 (I think, lol) now. But I’m in better shape than 28 by FAR. I need to get into 18 year old shape before I go ideally. I can go with “a little beefier” but I need to gain some lungs back. To do that I have to have a displaced rib removed.

I unloaded with a hand jack, a 26 pallet truck today and loaded up 8 pallets of returns. I was sucking eggs by the end of it. That rib has gotta go. On about a 15* decline. Don’t die coming off it, but good luck pushing 2k pounds up. They usually send a power jack. Not super happy.

No, I don’t.
You need to get one. It's a great way to keep track of your travels. Go to the visitors center at all the Parks and Monuments and ask for a stamp for your passport. Looks like this....20210416_185626.jpg20210416_185954.jpg
Each region has its own section. It's fun for all ages!

I want t to fly into San Diego with my wife, rent a convertible, drive the Pacific coast highway to Washington state, or at a minimum San Francisco.

Also drive through monument valley, maybe same trip.

Last is visit Kunming China, that's where my dad was stationed during WWII.

Oh, I'd also like to a wine tour, on my time schedule, through Italy.

And another trek through Kentucky for more bourbon.

Wow I had no idea oily had so many plans!

One of my few-San Francisco and Haight Ashbury-Done

Take the bike round Laguna Seca. Covid stopped it last year, so hopefully this year.

Doing mine next year on my sabbatical:
  1. Masters
  2. Cherry blossoms in Japan and the rest of Japan
  3. Thailand
  4. Galapagos
  5. Fishing in Alaska

As there is the “Golf Bucket List” thread “up there”- like the title says:
What is on your “Non-Golf Bucket List”?

Mine is going on that 2 Week Boat Trip through the Maldives to surf my brains out.
Mine would be to do that 20 years ago before it got crowded.....;)

Tour Scotland and Ireland, then the Baltic countries, followed by Spain, Portugal and Italy. Do it in about 6 months with my wife.
A week or 2 of uncrowded surf somewhere warm....Fiji, Maldives, Indonesia maybe.

Back