Non-Major: What is Your Favorite Tournament to Watch

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Which is your favorite and why?

Waste management is the first that jumps to mind. The players also is up there. BUT The Memorial at Muirfield Village here in Dublin, OH takes the cake for me, only because I have nostalgia glasses and have a lot of fond memories of going to this tournament!

The Players has to be at the top of my list with the Memorial close behind.

The Waste Management... the crowd can be really crazy

It is a tie for me between the AT&T and the Honda Classic. Having played both courses takes my viewing interest to a new level. I love seeing the players on a course that I know and seeing the lines they take and how the play the holes.

The Players and the Waste Management.

I like all the Hawaii tournaments especially the Sony because I can watch after work at night with a beer in hand and wish I was there in person with the gorgeous scenery.

I have go with the, Sentry Tournament of Champions in Hawaii. It sort of "kicks" the season off, for me. It give me hope that golf will be back soon. it's still freezing cold here in Missouri but, it helps me get through that weather and looking forward to another golf season.

Love The Players tournament

Waste management.

Valero and (now) Byron Nelson since I have played the courses.

The Tournament of Champions in Hawaii - - kick off to the season gets the juices flowing, and I love watching the pros attack/handle that hilly/windy course.

A team event, say a Ryder Cup, President's Cup or Solheim Cup! I may actually get even more excited to watch those 3 over a major championship!

Love AT&T (honestly anything at Pebble piques my interest).
Players Sawgrass.... 17 worth the watch.... especially with some wind 😜

I like the end of season tournaments where guys are fighting to move onto the next week. Emotions run high and I love to see the passion.

First would be the AT&T, because its Pebble, doesn't get any better than that! Next would be the TOC in Hawaii, start of the year, fun course to watch, and its Hawaii!

Tournament of Champions at Kapalua.

I have played that course several times and I love watching how the pro's play it. Plus it's early in the year and it really gets my golf juices flowing.

The farmers insurance open. Torrey is my local course and the only tour course I have played. I love seeing the pros play the same course I play all year. It’s so much fun seeing how they approach the course and feels great when they hit a shot or play a hole similar to one of my better shots. It’s a rare and cool thing in professional sports to feel like I can share the event with the pros in a way.

Title says it all. Which is your favorite and why?

The Memorial Tournament because I like seeing and hearing Jack Nicklaus.

This one. I love this course, I respect and admire everything Mr. Palmer did for the game of golf.

API is at the top
Genesis Open
Players
I actually like the Zurich match play as well.

The Players. Absolutely love the final 3 holes on that course and sets up so much fun and you always have the best field of the year.

Waste Management. I love watching Sunday while cooking and getting ready for the Super Bowl.

The tour stop in Vegas is my favorite. In normal times, we get in free, and there's indoor box seats on the 18th green. Free foods, and beverages are included. (Thank You Daughter)

Usually go for two days.

We get to walk around the course, following different groups of players. Some are familiar names, some are not.

On the practice green, when he was there, I would have a nice conversation with "Fluff".

The weather is usually pretty decent, which adds to the visit.

They give out a few (very few) free trinkets. Usually have to fill out an application for something to get those freebies. They use to give out tons of free stuff. Not so much anymore.

Like most, we park our car at another location, and ride a bus to the course. This makes coming, and going much easier.

The camera, cell phone search is not as bad now as it was in recent years. Visitors were complaining too much, so they relaxed that part a little. Irony was they would let binoculars in with built in cameras..lol

RIV!!!

I like the Reno Tahoe open as well. Local event got to like it.

Back