Non-Major: What is Your Favorite Tournament to Watch

The Players. Absolutely love the final 3 holes on that course and sets up so much fun and you always have the best field of the year.

I choose the players also for the same reasons. The last 3 holes, a great field and nothing better than watching the best in the world play 17 under tournament pressure.

Players, Memorial and the match play events are the ones that I try not to miss each year.

The Players is my answer too...

I like watching the Valero because I've actually played that course 3 times, two of which were Sunday about a week and a half before the tournament when the stands were being put up. Also played a shotgun start one morning on the Canyons course the Sunday of the tournament and then went and watched it after. That was a fun day.

When the course is playing tough like last year, API at Bay Hill.
Genesis at Riviera is a close 2nd.

it would be the Players if the announcers would stop constantly trying to put it on the same level as the majors.That irritates me more than anything else in pro golf.

1614874532328.png

Players - feels like a major anyway
API - Bay hill and Arnold Palmer. Nuff said lol
Waste Management - besides this year, the crowd enthusiasm always makes it a must watch!

A few come to mind:

Waste Management - just a cool and different atmosphere.
AT&T at Pebble Beach - Absolutely love this coure!
Arnold Palmer Invitational - Always liked AP and the scripting or merchandise that come out from this one are really cool, plus really like the course!

Tournament of Champions in Hawaii. Starts off the golf season while us northeast golfers are still scraping off the ice from our windshields. Add in the strong field, a beautiful course that I finally had a chance to play before the pandemic hit, and the fact that it all takes place after typical working hours ::chef’s kiss::

The Players is the 5th Major for me. The field is as tough as it gets.
Genesis at Riviera
Really wish the PGA would bring back an event at Castle Pines.

I am a big fan of The Players Championship because I am a sucker for that island green.

I think for me The Players Championship.

Something about that Island Green...

Love the players and, of course, 17. That being said, my favorite non-major is probably the AT&T because of the course.

The Arnold Palmer Invitational and the Players. API because of the tradition, and the Players because it's the unofficial "fifth major" - and for the course itself.

Memorial for me with it being just down the road.

The Players, for me

just like that stadium course ever since they started playing there!

WGC- Dell Technologies Match Play

Valspar at Innisbrook, like the course and how it plays. The layout of the holes seems to be well planned and shaped.

Arnie's at Bay Hill
The Players
The Memorial
WM Phoenix Open

I like Waste Management (fans), and Players Championship (Course and significance.)

I also like AT&T but it is lower because the celebrities stink and the field isn't as good.

The Players - there's just something about 16, 17 and 18.
Genesis - Love the shorter course giving the pros fits.
The WGC-FedEx St. Jude - It's St. Jude and I've played the course.
The Honda - I've played and love the course.
Colonial - I've played and love the course.

Tournament of Champions at Kapalua.

I have played that course several times and I love watching how the pro's play it. Plus it's early in the year and it really gets my golf juices flowing.
Agreed, it is also on in primetime! Great way to start the year.

Icey mentioned the Ryder Cup, President's Cup or Solheim Cup. That's a great answer and the best one for me, too.

Actual tournament though, I like watching the Waste Management, Memorial and Player's Championship.

Pebble Beach - the views are just amazing and it happens at a time when I'm buried in snow. Just starts getting the juices flowing for the upcoming season.

There's a pretty solid short list for me right now.

Genesis at Riv.
API at Bay Hill.
Players at Sawgrass.

This only switch out Genesis for the Waste Management.

Back