Non Matching Wedges

I have in the past had mismatched wedges but now you couldn’t pry my Edel wedges out of my cold dead hands

looking at upgrading and don't see it being a slow upgrade but rather 3 out 3 in

I don’t, but I could. As long as they have enough bounce I can play em. Technically, splitting hairs, I play a set PW and AW and specialty SW and LW. I full swing all of them and I have used each green side. If I can play a set and specialty mix I don’t think anything else would phase me.

All the same brand, color, and model. It’s just a mental thing.

So I carry three wedges. All three are currently different brands. I was with someone earlier and they said they couldn’t do it because “their mind wouldn’t allow it”. It donned on me that most do have matching wedges both in style and brand. Where do you stand on this?

I could only play matching wedges. I want the same consistency and feel across each wedge.

I usually play a set PW & GW and I prefer if the SW & LW match.

I'd love to sit here and say I could play whatever but I know in my heart that they have to match. Make, model and color.

Personally I think it would be easier to play a mixed bag of irons/woods than a mixed set of wedges. Wedges are feel clubs.

All over, doesn't bother me.

All different shafts too. :LOL:

I'm ok with mismatched

Always match. First it was vokey, then it was TM and now it's Cobra

OL doesn’t really allow for multi brand wedges- not that it bothers me to have multiple brands at all. Play what works for you right?

My 4 wedges are a matched set....in both sets.;) It wasn't intentional. It just worked out that way.

I could play just as easily with a mixed set of wedges.

I go set PW and GW and then match with SW and LW.

That said, I’ve been pondering this as I want to add a new wedge to the mix but not sure getting two wedges is in the cards right now…

Currently playing a Cleveland CBX 2 50, Vokey SM9 56 (bent to 55) and a Zipcore tour rack 60.

My other 60 degree is a MG2 TW. The 60 degree range seems to be the most finicky. Over the years something in that loft either works or it doesn't. Tried Callaway and Vokey in the 60 and never liked them.

I am in the matching camp.

Two wedges, two different brands for me.

All of my wedges are the same brand, Cleveland, but different models. Halo GW, CBX2 54°, and Smart Sole SW
Right there with you, all 3 Cleveland but I have one RTX-3 CB, one RTX-3 MB, and one Zipcore. Visually at address not much difference to me, but like how each performs in their respective gaps.

I think I could probably do it with the 50/54 being the same, and the 58 being a bit different - assuming they all swing weighted the same.

It's always been my preference to stay consistent, but the ability to do it aligns with my ability to play a wedge that looks different from my irons as an example.

I can and have gone both ways. My preference is a matching set. Actually drives me crazy to have a non-matching wedge right now.

I have 3 different wedges, I use what works for me.

I have had different wedges in the past, currently testing the Edison they are the same. My PW is a PXG and 49/54 are Edison. My irons have Elevate Tour 110's, the wedges have KBS weighing in at 108

Each wedge to me has a specific job. I will play whatever does the job best.

I typically go with set PW and AW and matching third party SW and LW. At a demo days, I gave up on a sand wedge I really liked because they did not have the grind I wanted in a lob wedge. I could have split the brands, but I felt uncomfortable doing that. Now, with more short game experience and tools under my belt, I think I could do it if that proved to be the best option.

I don't think someone is weird because they use multiple brands of wedges.

Currently I've got Cleveland 52 and 56 with a Callaway 60 in the bag. Set PW (Mizuno)

Callaway X Hot PW & AW
Mizuno Bar Ox Raw 54*
Hogan Forty Seven 58*

It's a feel thing. My 58* has been reliable for a long time.

Back