NorCal Crew hangout thread

Been wanting to play Cinnebar. I usually play Coyote as I’m a member there. I play weekdays most of the time.
That's awesome. Haven't played Coyote in a while...I just remember the wind really picks up in the afternoon. The tournament course ate me alive!

That's awesome. Haven't played Coyote in a while...I just remember the wind really picks up in the afternoon. The tournament course ate me alive!
Yeah the wind can get bad. It’s been pretty nice lately. I usually play the valley course, also get windy but the trees offer some protection on some of the holes. The trick is to play early as the wind generally picks up in the afternoon.

Good looking out! With how empty that road can get, I'm not surprised that's a popular speed trap. Seems ripe for picking.

I'm playing with a buddy of mine at Cinnabar this Saturday at 7:20am, looked at their website and it looks like there's still 1 spot left open for that time slot if anybody wants to sign up online. We're both mid handicappers (between 13-15 ish) so we're no pros by any stretch of the imagination, just love golf.

Thank you for the invite, but I am playing Stockton Country Club this coming Saturday. Maybe next time.

Regarding Cinnabar's speed trap, about 15 years ago I was pulled over and put on line with 5 other cars awaiting tickets (the pull over spot was not within view of the road itself).
Once I made it home to SF I called my friend who is a San Jose police officer, and he was patched through to the cop who was still out there writing tickets at the Cinnabar speed trap.

Thank you for the invite, but I am playing Stockton Country Club this coming Saturday. Maybe next time.

Regarding Cinnabar's speed trap, about 15 years ago I was pulled over and put on line with 5 other cars awaiting tickets (the pull over spot was not within view of the road itself).
Once I made it home to SF I called my friend who is a San Jose police officer, and he was patched through to the cop who was still out there writing tickets at the Cinnabar speed trap.
Have a great round at Stockton! I distinctly remember speeding on that road the morning I played there last, guess I dodged a bullet there.

I
Have a great round at Stockton! I distinctly remember speeding on that road the morning I played there last, guess I dodged a bullet there.
drive home that way from time to time and there is no shortage of speeding going on. Guess commute times are much different.

I know it is not Nor Cal, but being in Reno, NV depending on where you are it is not too big of a drive.

Anybody here in Norcal that belongs to one an NCGA Associate Club? Looking to find a good club or group to join for 2020.

drive home that way from time to time and there is no shortage of speeding going on. Guess commute times are much different.
Round at Cinnabar was great, first time with my Apex '19 irons, man I was impressed by them. Now all I want to do on weekends is golf, but wallet tells me otherwise.

Round at Cinnabar was great, first time with my Apex '19 irons, man I was impressed by them. Now all I want to do on weekends is golf, but wallet tells me otherwise.
Nice. I dove that was yesterday due to a tanker truck crash. I need to go play there soon. Love my Apex 19.

Anybody here in Norcal that belongs to one an NCGA Associate Club? Looking to find a good club or group to join for 2020.
I do. South Bay E Club. Haven’t done anything with the club. Actually have no info on them at all. :(

Nice. I dove that was yesterday due to a tanker truck crash. I need to go play there soon. Love my Apex 19.
How’d it go at Stockton Country Club?

Anyone interested in playing somewhere in the Bay on Thanksgiving weekend??

How’d it go at Stockton Country Club?

Anyone interested in playing somewhere in the Bay on Thanksgiving weekend??

Stockton CC was fun, I won $20 :)
We had a group of 10, played two fivesomes, one 5 man team against the other and each hole each team's top 4 of 5 scores counted.
I've only played Stockton CC a few times, once last year in a 36 player skins game and more recently as a guest of my friend who became a member there about 6 months ago.
It's a great old style course with tree lined fairways and small greens. It's a well maintained course even though (like most Bay Area private clubs) their membership numbers are not what they once were.
I saw a fox near the trees alongside the 4th fairway, and he/she was as tall as a coyote. I had only ever seen a fox one time before, and that was a small one at Presidio Golf Course.

Stockton CC was fun, I won $20 :)
We had a group of 10, played two fivesomes, one 5 man team against the other and each hole each team's top 4 of 5 scores counted.
I've only played Stockton CC a few times, once last year in a 36 player skins game and more recently as a guest of my friend who became a member there about 6 months ago.
It's a great old style course with tree lined fairways and small greens. It's a well maintained course even though (like most Bay Area private clubs) their membership numbers are not what they once were.
I saw a fox near the trees alongside the 4th fairway, and he/she was as tall as a coyote. I had only ever seen a fox one time before, and that was a small one at Presidio Golf Course.
Sounds like some good ol' friendly competition right there.

Yeah, everytime I go play Presidio I'll either see a fox or coyote. More likely Coyote though. The fox got pretty close to us on the 10th tee and was not scared at all. I was actually there on Sunday and one guy I got paired up with (I was a single) must have shot even or -1. Had 5 birdies, it was awesome see him just tear up the course. Not a big hitter at all, just hit approaches to pin high and drained almost every putt within 10 feet. When he was off the green, he got up an down at least half the time. Goes to show you what it really takes to score well.

Anybody play Eagle Vines lately? We’ve never played it and my foursome wants to give it a go because of a golf moose deal. I heard it’s in pretty rough shape from a couple of recent reviews...

Anybody play Eagle Vines lately? We’ve never played it and my foursome wants to give it a go because of a golf moose deal. I heard it’s in pretty rough shape from a couple of recent reviews...
Played it about 6-7 weeks ago and it wasn’t in bad shape. A few greens had some areas where grass was sun burnt dead but fairways were in good shape. A couple bunkers weren’t raked but overall I’d say it wasn’t too bad. Golf Moose is a good deal

Heads up, the NCGA have just released their Pebble Beach offer. Looks like I’m playing it again on the 18th of January. Woo hoo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Heads up, the NCGA have just released their Pebble Beach offer. Looks like I’m playing it again on the 18th of January. Woo hoo!

Saw this too but don't know my availability unfortunately

Word? I haven't seen anything, did you get the email about it?

Anyone else receive the email? I've not either..... will check spam

I did and it doesn't do me much good now that I'm 1500 miles away in Minnesota. I'm going to make it to Tahoe for a ski trip in February but no golf in NorCal for me until at least next summer.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 6.51.30 PM.png

Email arrived at 11 o’clock this morning
ddf17d4c307d1932e31ee3d524e1f305.jpg
37f9c2c879040c5a8145091914e4f1f5.jpg
e8aeea316cefcc0166dcb83e052b9481.jpg

NCGA have a great deal out at the moment. For the next 7 days. Pasadera, the only Nicklaus course on the Monterey Peninsula is 259 for 2 with cart. Offer is valid until August 31st and includes free replays on the same day. Haven’t played it (yet) but it’s supposed to be a great course.
0CF0334B-966B-49AE-9105-BE96A4ACD9BE.png

If anyone is interested, Pebble reopens May 4. They are doing a deal, which I suspected they would, but it ain’t that great. 425. That’s the NCGA rate, but there’s no gift card now, so the deal is probably a little worse. No caddies, so you can ride one to a cart, or take a push cart. Spyglass (which is the better course anyway) also reopens. That’s 195 which is a much better deal. Same rules as Pebble. Spanish Bay doesn’t seem to be reopening just yet. I’m probably gonna jump on the Spyglass deal.

Back