NorCal Crew hangout thread

if folks are interested in doing livermore sometime (I would be down for something early April) few choices to look at:

Las Positas
Poppy Ridge
Wente

In my opinion I would rank them that way. Las positas is the cheapest, but is a fun layout and very walkable. Poppy Ridge is solid, good conditions usually, but very overpriced in my opinion. Wente usually has really good conditions, but is usually about as expensive as Poppy Ridge and some very gimmicky holes and I wouldn't even try walking it.

I would be in on any of them, I think most people would want to play Poppy or Wente. I like Las Positas but not sure how it is holding up in all this damn rain.

I like the sound of early April, I have only played Poppy so I wouldn't mind trying one of the other two.

btw how is Paradise Valley? Haven't played that one yet.

Paradise Valley is just OK, Rancho Solano in Fairfield is better. The reason we play in Fairfield at least once a month is because it's central and our lifetime friends golfing group have separated over the years location wise and now lives in the following cities. Healdsburg, Oakdale, Rocklin and Fowler CA..

Paradise Valley is just OK, Rancho Solano in Fairfield is better. The reason we play in Fairfield at least once a month is because it's central and our lifetime friends golfing group have separated over the years location wise and now lives in the following cities. Healdsburg, Oakdale, Rocklin and Fowler CA..
Rancho Solano is fun. It's the place I go if I want to hit a lot of greens but also want to 3 putt a ton.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like the sound of early April, I have only played Poppy so I wouldn't mind trying one of the other two.

So do we want to set a date, April 6th or 7th? Then we can start fine tuning details on where and what time as we get closer.

Rancho Solano is fun. It's the place I go if I want to hit a lot of greens but also want to 3 putt a ton.

Extremely accurate description. Rancho has huge two or three tiered greens and run high on the stimpmeter. We keep track of three putts and I hold the record of 7 three putts including a 5 putt on number 7 :dazed:

So do we want to set a date, April 6th or 7th? Then we can start fine tuning details on where and what time as we get closer.

I think I should be good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got an email about Poppy Ridge during that time they said they are punching the greens. Solid deals but no one wants to play on them I assume.

I got an email about Poppy Ridge during that time they said they are punching the greens. Solid deals but no one wants to play on them I assume.

I played there last summer a couple weeks after they punched... it was not a great experience.

I played there last summer a couple weeks after they punched... it was not a great experience.

Yeah, the Golf Moose deal intrigues me (27 holes for $60 after 12 pm or $80 for before 12pm) but depending on when they are punched... ehhhh

Sounds good to me.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

just got the Marc NCGA Member deal, Wente is the featured course. Now $99.00 for a weekend round is the discounted price.

What do you guys think about Eagle Vines in Napa?

I thought it was a fun course when I played it a few years ago. I think that you would like it.

What do you guys think about Eagle Vines in Napa?

The one time I played there, it was cold as ****. But I wouldn't mind playing it again.

Anyone up for a round Monday? I’m staying in Martinez and was hoping to get out sometime morning or afternoon. Was thinking Eagle Vines or am open to nearby suggestions.

If you have reservations, just remember, work is overrated.

Anyone up for a round Monday? I’m staying in Martinez and was hoping to get out sometime morning or afternoon. Was thinking Eagle Vines or am open to nearby suggestions.

If you have reservations, just remember, work is overrated.
Sorry didn't see this earlier.. did the weather hold up for ya?

Thinking of signing up for this. Sounds fun

86ae8b83263b50cc5bc608e945212bc6.jpg

Last edited:
Thinking of signing up for this. Sounds fun
86ae8b83263b50cc5bc608e945212bc6.jpg

It looks interesting, have you done anything like this before?

It looks interesting, have you done anything like this before?

Negative. Always wanted to try night time golf. If the weather is nice it may be fun.

sorry guys, I know were talking about playing this weekend but I lost about the last week or so with some type of stomach virus and completely spaced on following up. I can't play sunday but could try to play saturday if people want to try and get out.

Weather is spotty most of the week so not sure how excited people are but I will try to coordinate if we can cobble together a consensus on where/when.

Back