North Carolina Mountain Golf / Games for 5 golfers

Scooby45

Use data, get better.
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
10ish
Playing near Boone, NC this Friday afternoon and currently have five players. Two part post:

1.) Assuming we have to split into two groups, a twosome and threesome, does anyone have any suggestions on how to create a bit of a team game to play?

2.) Possibly looking for a 6th if in the area. Shoot me a message if interested.

Nice! There are definitely some hidden gems in the Boone area. I work down there frequently and don't live too far away, so I always try to play when I'm down that way. I'm not sure about games with 5... If you are playing Boone Golf Club, they might be ok with sending out a 5-some since it's a Friday depending on how busy it is. I never saw a ranger on the course, so if the groups just happen to meet up after a couple of holes you will most likely be in the clear.

I just literally booked a hotel in Boone for Thursday and bought tickets to Tweetsie Railroad. Let me see if I can talk my wife into staying longer?!😳🤷‍♂️
Also, you have to eat at the Daniel Boone Inn! It’s so good!

I just literally booked a hotel in Boone for Thursday and bought tickets to Tweetsie Railroad. Let me see if I can talk my wife into staying longer?!😳🤷‍♂️
If you can stick around we might very well have a spot. Let me know!

Nice! There are definitely some hidden gems in the Boone area. I work down there frequently and don't live too far away, so I always try to play when I'm down that way. I'm not sure about games with 5... If you are playing Boone Golf Club, they might be ok with sending out a 5-some since it's a Friday depending on how busy it is. I never saw a ranger on the course, so if the groups just happen to meet up after a couple of holes you will most likely be in the clear.
We will be playing Boone Golf Club during the weekend. I just have to look back at the itinerary to see if that is the Friday round or if we are getting out there on the weekend.

Agree on Daniel Boone Inn.In late fall and winter they have THE BEST homemade vegetable soup.

If you can stick around we might very well have a spot. Let me know!

I have to teach a class Saturday morning, so I have to head home Friday.👎I couldn’t reschedule the class. Have a great time in Boone! Hit ‘em well!

@Scooby45 where did you wind up playing at?

We played the Mountain Springs course at GFCC, Grassy Creek in Spruce Pine, Sugar Mountain, and Boone Golf Club. The group really enjoyed both Boone and Sugar Mountain.

Sugar Mountain was a really fun track, even at just a par 64. It didn't feel like you weren't playing an executive course with the routing, variety, and condition. Plus a rain shower came through so our group of seven who were playing alt shot there were able to combine into one large group, just playing four balls, which was a blast.

Grassy Creek had good greens, albeit small, but the routing and rest of the course left a little to be desired as the consensus from our group.

Back