Northeast Wisconsin Golf Thread

Girardcorp

Reaction score
Handicap
It seems we have quite a few now from Northeast Wisconsin now so I thought I'd create a thread so we don't plug up the Wisco/Minnie thread with us talking constantly about Appleton/Green Bay Area golf courses, Packers and our favorite brand of cheese curds. We've already thrown out an unofficial getogether at Royal St Patrick's so we'll need to plan that more. I also really want to check out Brown County.

Good thread, thanks for starting it up.

Thanks for starting this thread!

RSP has a regular early Sunday morning crew that does a random draw / pairing with skins / games every week. I'm guessing we could tag along with that any time we want. It might be more fun to have our own thing though (perhaps immediately following that crew since they all play fast).

My May looks pretty crazy, but I'm definitely interested in a get together at either RSP or County.

I played a quick back 9 at RSP yesterday, and i probably will watch the wind more from now on... It was crazy on a few holes trying to get the ball to do what i needed. Going against the wind it was a full 2 clubs longer than normal. Also, pretty sure i hit my first 300 yard drive (with the wind at my back). I have a love hate relationship with that course. Some holes are incredible (i love 16,17 and 18) and a few i would pass on (specifically 9 and 10)... All in all, it's still a great course.

I played a quick back 9 at RSP yesterday, and i probably will watch the wind more from now on... It was crazy on a few holes trying to get the ball to do what i needed. Going against the wind it was a full 2 clubs longer than normal. Also, pretty sure i hit my first 300 yard drive (with the wind at my back). I have a love hate relationship with that course. Some holes are incredible (i love 16,17 and 18) and a few i would pass on (specifically 9 and 10)... All in all, it's still a great course.

I haven't played there yet, just hit the range a few times, but the wind I have seen there sure would make GIR's tough to get.

The greens are generous in size so GIR likely not an issue. You may have some 50 footers though...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bridgestone golf ball fitting at Berlin's Mascoutin on June 18th I believe. Get BFit

Hey dudes. Chili Dipper III is from the area as well. I will shoot him a message and get him in on this mess.

Now if i could just get the half dozen guys at work who ask where i get all my free stuff to join up, we'd have a decent size crew...

League last Monday was brutal. It was probably blowing 15-30. I'm really enjoying my new much lower spin driver shaft, but even so one of them I hit on the screws only went 228 (Directly into the wind on #5: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/blakehall/round/852467?shot_id=54816699&hole_id=23313552). It was such a screwy round, but really fun. I was reminded that out there, especially when it's blowing, you need to play golf shots instead of playing golf swing. In other words, typical carry yardages don't mean much. Thank goodness most of the greens are really accessible for low running shots from the front.

Today looks like a solid weather night. We're playing the back 9 from the Purple tees.

I got one of my other golf buddies set up with Tapatalk last weekend; I'll make sure he gets in here for an intro sometime this week.

League last Monday was brutal. It was probably blowing 15-30. I'm really enjoying my new much lower spin driver shaft, but even so one of them I hit on the screws only went 228 (Directly into the wind on #5: http://www.gamegolf.com/player/blakehall/round/852467?shot_id=54816699&hole_id=23313552). It was such a screwy round, but really fun. I was reminded that out there, especially when it's blowing, you need to play golf shots instead of playing golf swing. In other words, typical carry yardages don't mean much. Thank goodness most of the greens are really accessible for low running shots from the front.

Today looks like a solid weather night. We're playing the back 9 from the Purple tees.

I got one of my other golf buddies set up with Tapatalk last weekend; I'll make sure he gets in here for an intro sometime this week.

Yea I played the back 9 yesterday. Hit a good shot on 10 into the fairway but 120 was playing about 150 dead into the wind. Made for a tough approach.

The other direction was awesome. I did well on 13,14 and 15 is shielded by the houses. 16 was an easy 4 (hitting GIR makes it easier). 17 and 18 were ok thanks to the woods. I'm starting to like the back more than the front likely because I've played it much less frequently. I'm not fond of #2/#7 either shares water.

The greens are generous in size so GIR likely not an issue. You may have some 50 footers though...

I'm a fan of generous greens. I am kinda lost when facing a putt over 60 ft however, since I have mostly played courses that have small greens.

The wind was terrible yesterday in Sheboygan also and I was reminded that I don't have a reliable knock down shot. The wind just has it's way with my high ball flight.

Yea I played the back 9 yesterday. Hit a good shot on 10 into the fairway but 120 was playing about 150 dead into the wind. Made for a tough approach.

The other direction was awesome. I did well on 13,14 and 15 is shielded by the houses. 16 was an easy 4 (hitting GIR makes it easier). 17 and 18 were ok thanks to the woods. I'm starting to like the back more than the front likely because I've played it much less frequently. I'm not fond of #2/#7 either shares water.

This is my third year of league out there, and I definitely prefer the back. The only hole I don't like is 11; 13 is kind of boring, but it's usually a pretty easy par and a good Driver tune up before the important tee ball on 14.

I really like what they did with 10 in the off season, but they made the 1st fairway a much better line on that hole than I think they intended ;)

At least now I won't get my hopes up like I did when the MN/WI thread popped up.

At least now I won't get my hopes up like I did when the MN/WI thread popped up.

That was a little along the lines of why I did this. I know there was a large Minnesota contingent but I can't imagine us talking about the same couple courses 4+ hours away is interesting.

What's later afternoon golf like at RSP? I may be able to get out for some twilight golf tomorrow or Wednesday.

What's later afternoon golf like at RSP? I may be able to get out for some twilight golf tomorrow or Wednesday.

I would think if you can get out before leagues start it will be wide open. I regularly play most my rounds out
there in about 1:15-1:30. Only time it slows if you show up at noon-2 on a weekend.

I would think if you can get out before leagues start it will be wide open. I regularly play most my rounds out
there in about 1:15-1:30. Only time it slows if you show up at noon-2 on a weekend.

Thanks. What time do the leagues start?

That's about when I would be able to make it there, oh well maybe I'll look into going this weekend.

That's pretty much league time everywhere. Probably could get on at Mid Vallee as they have 3 9s

That's pretty much league time everywhere. Probably could get on at Mid Vallee as they have 3 9s

Thanks, I'll check into that. I have wanted to get into league golf for several years now, but I can't guarantee I could always be there at 4 because of my job.

Thanks, I'll check into that. I have wanted to get into league golf for several years now, but I can't guarantee I could always be there at 4 because of my job.

Our 4 person team is looking for subs on June 2nd. We'll all be in Marquette playing Greywalls, but we need to field 4 players in our place. If any THP'ers would be interested in helping us out, there's a 5:44 tee time at Midvallee waiting for you, just let me know.

Back