Northern California Get Together?

No big deal. Although the "unexpected" marriage sounds like a good story brewing. :)

Could be. He's crazy frugal so it might just be a really good deal!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

that sucks, D. Since you and Duffer can't make it, maybe we try again in December or January? Stevinson's greens will have recovered by then, so it might be better anyway.

So this isn't the right thread, but I haven't been able find a spot where the NorCal kids are.

Looking for a fitter somewhere between Bakersfield and Sacramento to fit and adjust the lie angles on my r11's. I travel the Central Valley for work rather extensively and there just isn't anyone in Bakersfield that will do lie adjustments in cast clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

So this isn't the right thread, but I haven't been able find a spot where the NorCal kids are.

Looking for a fitter somewhere between Bakersfield and Sacramento to fit and adjust the lie angles on my r11's. I travel the Central Valley for work rather extensively and there just isn't anyone in Bakersfield that will do lie adjustments in cast clubs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - now Free

This is where the cool kids are!

If you pass through Sac, there are definitely options. I think there is both a Golf Tec and a Hot Stix there.

Sent from my KFTT using Tapatalk 2

that sucks, D. Since you and Duffer can't make it, maybe we try again in December or January? Stevinson's greens will have recovered by then, so it might be better anyway.

That's fair, I'm sorry for the late cancel. I also got a call for a job interview in LA the Tuesday after that weekend. It is nice to have people call you and ask you to apply for jobs.

D & Duffer, missed you guys yesterday! Rob and I each brought a buddy and met up to play San Juan Oaks. Dang, what a cool course! Anyway, I think we ought to start trying to figure out another time to meet up for a round. Let's get TNTCigarGuy and anyone else in Nor-Cal into the mix as well. I know that if/when we decide to do a Monterey meet-up, some of the SoCal guys would like to come. At least CMac13 and Rad Rob would probably be up for it.

Eddie,
I knew you would like San Juan Oaks, it's a fun course. Rob is always a great host, I'm sure you guys had a great time. Being "Tom Bodet" yesterday allowed me to accomplish some things around the house but also really opened the "honey-do" can of worms.

I agree, we should start planning our next round. Should we try Stevinson's due to it's central location or are there other suggestions? Hopefully, we can get in a round before D heads back to SoCal.

Glad to hear you guys had a good time! The wedding event was pretty hilarious. No one could get the real story why so quick, they just said they didn't want to wait, her grandparents were in town, so they pulled the trigger.

I still think there is more. We'll see in 9 or less months!

Yeah I am down. Now I am about to be on the road for 3 weeks. But I am home every weekend after that.

So maybe early December? I think I have a catering event tje first weekend but could probably do it the second weekend

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk

December would be great and I'd love to meet some of you guys. Besides San Juan Oaks, Salinas G&CC isn't exclusively private and is fantastic course. Black Horse and Bayonnet are always great to play too.

I am in for December. I am home every weekend. Let me know when and where and I'll be there!

I'm also around, although December could be my last month in the bay.

I'm also around, although December could be my last month in the bay.

D, I can't believe you're willing to give up that great "view" from your office and move South again. :D

I'm available during the weekends subject to my airport chauffeur duties (daughter has residency interviews at various hospitals during the month).

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk

I know the 8th is out for me for sure. Other than that I don't know of any conflicts.

D & Duffer, missed you guys yesterday! Rob and I each brought a buddy and met up to play San Juan Oaks. Dang, what a cool course! Anyway, I think we ought to start trying to figure out another time to meet up for a round. Let's get TNTCigarGuy and anyone else in Nor-Cal into the mix as well. I know that if/when we decide to do a Monterey meet-up, some of the SoCal guys would like to come. At least CMac13 and Rad Rob would probably be up for it.

Ah memories...its a beautiful, but tricky course isn't it? Still more bullfrogs than players? Dreaming wistfully of hazy days in NorCal, whilst cranking up the heating and adding layers....

I know the 8th is out for me for sure. Other than that I don't know of any conflicts.

Eddie,
Are we still considering Stevinson's? I'm available the 14th-15th or possibly the 21st-22nd depending on airport shuttle duties.

Ah memories...its a beautiful, but tricky course isn't it? Still more bullfrogs than players? Dreaming wistfully of hazy days in NorCal, whilst cranking up the heating and adding layers....
El B,
It's good to hear from you. I'm sure your dominance of the field, resulting in your possession of the UK Cup, is in no small part due to your time spent with us on the NorCal courses. Unfortunately, winter has us in her evil grasp as well. Bundling up in slacks and a windshirt just to play is quite bothersome. Though, the cool weather does keep the days varietal properly chilled.

Yes I still think Stevinson is a good central spot, not to mention a great course. My December weekends are filling up though. I might have to hold off til January.

El B,
It's good to hear from you. I'm sure your dominance of the field, resulting in your possession of the UK Cup, is in no small part due to your time spent with us on the NorCal courses. Unfortunately, winter has us in her evil grasp as well. Bundling up in slacks and a windshirt just to play is quite bothersome. Though, the cool weather does keep the days varietal properly chilled.

Ah yes - I believe Rounders Rob may have inspired me to try to hit it long and straight...

As for your weather report...

:angry::angry::angry::at-wits-end::banghead::at-wits-end::bicker::bicker::angry:

I'm keeping my eye on this thread. I hope to be able to play with you guys sometime soon, so hopefully it works out for early 2014..

I'd love to join you guys in Monterey.

Yeah, Stuart, that course is pretty stinkin' cool. If it makes you feel any better, it's like 40 degrees here right now. Actually got below freezing last night! :bulgy-eyes:

I'd love to join you guys in Monterey.

Awesome! I think we should try to plan a Monterey meet-up some time in the early spring, for sure. What courses do you normally play?

just joined, I am over in Emeryville (Oakland) and would love to join you everybody for a round some time!

Back