Not a good day.(AKA Crunch is a bad sound.)

Rageshadow

Reaction score
Handicap
Me
Well I was re-gripping my clubs today when I made a huge mistake. I had finished removing the old grips and tape from my clubs. I had leaned the clubs along the side of my work bench. I was taking a break to fix a little dinner and decided to take out the trash, as I had a bag behind me I must have brushed my driver so as I was going out the door it fell right into the path of the closing door. So as the title says crunch is a bad sound LoL. When I heard it I knew what it was. I picked up the club and have a nasty squished shaft about 12 inches from the end of the shaft. Oh well I have been hitting much better drives with my 3 wood anyway LoL.

The moral of the story is, don't lean your clubs up where they can fall into the door and go crunch..:banghead:

Ouch man that bites

oooops! I feel for you.

That's terrible, sucks dude.

I saw a guy at the course yesterday get his driver shaft crunched when he slammed his trunk on it by accident. I didnt see if it was damaged or not, but it must have been.

That must be aggravating.

Take the positive. Now you have a good excuse to get fit into a new shaft!

ouch that is no bueno, maybe it was just time for a new driver

Thanks guys. I had all but quit hitting the darn thing anyway. I had lost all confidence in it and have been using my 3 wood anyway, but I had just decided to buck up and learn to tame the beast LoL. Guess I will go with my fall back old maid driver the Wilson Deep Red 12* and see if it preforms as well or better than my 3 wood.

That sucks dude and you were only talking yesterday about changing driver

Take the positive. Now you have a good excuse to get fit into a new shaft!

Good idea and as much as I would love to do that or replace the driver with one of the fancy new adjustable one it is just not in the cards. My full time job does not pay my anything. Caregiver for my family. Very rewarding but no monies.

That sucks dude and you were only talking yesterday about changing driver

Yeah. Going back the the Wilson and trying it again. It has been good to me over the years..

Yeah. Going back the the Wilson and trying it again. It has been good to me over the years..

At least you have a driver to fall back on.

Ugh, that's not a good day!

Good idea and as much as I would love to do that or replace the driver with one of the fancy new adjustable one it is just not in the cards. My full time job does not pay my anything. Caregiver for my family. Very rewarding but no monies.

Fair enough. I'm only a supply teacher hardly working this year (government and union fighting), and I got a new Covert only because with xmas gift cards and trade in I only paid 71 bucks :). Always look on the positive; at least you get to play at all!

Man that sucks, sorry about your bad luck.

Ouch Rage, sorry to hear about that. Hope the backup driver starts working for you.

Fair enough. I'm only a supply teacher hardly working this year (government and union fighting), and I got a new Covert only because with xmas gift cards and trade in I only paid 71 bucks :). Always look on the positive; at least you get to play at all!

Oh i agree totaly. This will not keep me from playing. Just felt like a dummy for doing it in the first place lol.

Are you a lefty by any chance?

Good lesson to know. I will keep note.

Sorry dude. Live and learn.

Maybe this is a sign to get fitted for a new one

Ouch!!!!

Back