Not interested in televised golf right now

I hardly watch any golf now. The Masters and The Open along with the Ryder Cup are about it. Even when I watched a ton of golf, I never bothered with the Presidents Cup though. It’s a lame event.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can only watch if Tiger is playing. The TV coverage is so piss poor boring. I can’t take wasting 40 minutes of every hour watching commercials and when there is action instead of showing someone hit their full swing shot I’m watching someone hit a 2 foot putt. Also, listening to the announcers lame comments like, “What a great shot.” Thanks genius.

The Tour needs a radical change.

I honestly dont watch much golf other than the majors. IMO, the Presidents' Cup and Ryder Cup are way, way too overhyped and just not all that interesting to me. Same with the playoffs. I mean, does anyone REALLY care about the playoffs?
When its all said and done at the end of a player's career, majors won is all that really matters anyway.

Late night Golf Channel, European Tour and other can be very entertaining.

Masters this year might be good. Apparently they are going to be having a camera on each player in real time so you don't have to wait for the video to populate like last year. No tuning into the coverage to watch a 20 minute like Mike Tirico intro narration of some player's back story no one cares about while missing all the coverage. No listening to Azinger like brilliant statements, "Just a great shot from a great player." No 10-1 commercial to action coverage like CBS does every weekend with an additional 10 minutes of announcer bloviation in Butler cabin or some studio with the glass table and network logo coffee mugs all over the place.

The innovation the Masters is using with the internet might just save Tour golf when Tiger hangs it up. Right now he is the only thing that is keeping the ratings from falling below re-runs of Texas Hold'em Poker.

If you have DirecTV you can flip around 4+ channels during the majors so you don't have listen to or watch the nonsense. It was the only thing keeping me on DirecTV but the price this year was so ridiculous I had to dump it. So it'll be regular coverage for me with the mute engaged and lots of internet surfing during the 40 minutes of downtime each hour.

Last edited:
I believe LPGA get going again this coming week.

I’ve been watching it less since late October, but now I’m getting back into it.

I’ve been watching it less since late October, but now I’m getting back into it.
I am about the same. Watched a little presidents cup. But hardly watched any golf after the fed ex cup. Turned on the Sony Open for A little while yesterday.

I watched the Sentry ToC and loved it; real drama at the end. I’m really enjoying watching golf in prime time; golf in the afternoons is meh.

Really enjoy watching LPGA, way more competitive than men right now

I love to have the L{PGA or the asian tour on in the background when i am working on the laptop, love the way the ladies move that ball out there with such effortlessness

I’m always watching

I go the the LPGA stop here in DFW every year with the wife, great fun to watch

I am somewhat on a golf hiatus. Ever since October, I maybe catch a couple minutes of replay coverage here and there.
Not following anything, not caring about it. Trying to keep it out of my mind.

With golf I enjoy watching but not listening. So I watch with mute on if I watch.

With golf I enjoy watching but not listening. So I watch with mute on if I watch.

I turned on the Sony because Kisner is in contention. Azinger says, “That’s a beauty. A lot at stake for these guys.” Just prosaic Paul. They should pay him to not talk.

I turned on the Sony because Kisner is in contention. Azinger says, “That’s a beauty. A lot at stake for these guys.” Just prosaic Paul. They should pay him to not talk.
I'm so fed up with pretty much all sports announcers....So I watch much less sports than I use to....especially pro

I'm so fed up with pretty much all sports announcers....So I watch much less sports than I use to....especially pro

I watched a hockey game, years ago, where the announcers mics malfunctioned. You could hear the crowd and the skates scraping on the ice like you were there. It was perfect until the mics started working again.

There should be a way to watch without commentary. I’m sure it’s possible in this day and age of tech.

I watched a hockey game, years ago, where the announcers mics malfunctioned. You could hear the crowd and the skates scraping on the ice like you were there. It was perfect until the mics started working again.

There should be a way to watch without commentary. I’m sure it’s possible in this day and age of tech.
Mute...…....

Mute...…....

But you cannot hear the sounds of the field or background as if you were there.

Azinger is an absolute cancer of the mouth. I just turned the stupid coverage off. Lasted all of 30 minutes.

Hard to get excited to watch Brendon Steele and Cam smith battle it out...but I'm watching

Maybe Webb will pick it up!

Playoff football is on! Haha!

Playoff football is on! Haha!
watching with mute on...GB Sea back forth back forth...My son watches much. I'm visiting gotta follow the leader...But did get my request sound off...Ha

Back