November Fitness Challenge

Mens league game tonight. Got in a good half hour of sprinting and jogging. Felt great for the first game of the session. About to finish my 100 pushups!

I didn’t forget about you all!

F053023F-4CC0-4F20-87D5-318DFC461D56.png

Done with Fun.

61F0202E-D1D6-4CCC-9680-D689302A474A.jpeg

I've been doing 100 pushups a day, and am trying to challenge myself to raise it up. So I'm adding 10% each week to my daily total. So starting tomorrow I'll be doing 110. Maybe a little side challenge you want to jump in on?

Due to an old shoulder injury I struggle big time with conventional push-ups so I do incline ones against my desk at work as it puts less stress on my shoulder (especially with the extra weight I am carrying these days). Maybe once I lose enough weight I will be able to manage conventional ones again if my shoulder can handle it
As much as I would like to try and increase each week, I am not entirely sure the shoulder would stand up to it, but I will see what I can do, although it will only be Monday to Friday as I don't do them at home. Weekend exercise is going be walking and household chores as the weather is ruling out any golf at the moment - we had over a months worth of rain in the last couple days

Due to an old shoulder injury I struggle big time with conventional push-ups so I do incline ones against my desk at work as it puts less stress on my shoulder (especially with the extra weight I am carrying these days). Maybe once I lose enough weight I will be able to manage conventional ones again if my shoulder can handle it
As much as I would like to try and increase each week, I am not entirely sure the shoulder would stand up to it, but I will see what I can do, although it will only be Monday to Friday as I don't do them at home. Weekend exercise is going be walking and household chores as the weather is ruling out any golf at the moment - we had over a months worth of rain in the last couple days
No problem! Not worth an injury! I know i just get in a rut sometimes, so I need to add to or mix it up from time to time. Keep it up!

Yesterday was a bit slow compared to lately but still got my workout in
BDA310C0-73F3-415C-A5D8-6AD485CF2CC0.png

Did my first spin class last night.......

I'm going to ask someone to carry me around work today.

spin class is no joke. I used to go all the time in college. I even had my own seat cushion I would bring because you really can’t walk after a class with the ones on the bike.

I got no sleep last night. I am trying really hard to talk myself into this run this morning.

Run done! And I hit my 3 mile goal again. I also did 50 squats and 50 pushups.

I normally take the weekends off, but thought about running tomorrow too, but my hamstring has been hurting pretty bad so I may give it a two day rest. I’ll see how I feel tomorrow.

6D2D384B-4C47-4B56-93EE-33385D9F96FA.png

I am so jealous of those getting their exercise done in the morning haha
Tell me about it. I've tried, body just doesn't work that early.

And my body shuts down anytime after 8 PM haha. If I sit down I'm done, so morning is a must for me if I'm going to get a longer workout in.

And my body shuts down anytime after 8 PM haha. If I sit down I'm done, so morning is a must for me if I'm going to get a longer workout in.

I am the same way, I have to get it done in the morning. Once I sit down to my desk, I am in full work mode, and once work is done I have no motivation to workout. By then it's time to feed and walk Arrow, then cook dinner. No way I am working out after work.

ditto. but I can say that about waking up early in general too haha

Life can get busy with kids. Work, getting three kids to school, and my wife traveling 100+ days a year for work prevented any chance of me working out weekday mornings for 15+ years. I calculated that I've made about 5,000 school bag lunches so far.

ditto. but I can say that about waking up early in general too haha
I think I'm going to carry this into December, if I don't make a mess of it as the month ends. My new goal will be 30 mins in the AM and 30 in the PM.

That is where the real challenge begins haha

I think I'm going to carry this into December, if I don't make a mess of it as the month ends. My new goal will be 30 mins in the AM and 30 in the PM.

And then blow all that good work over the festive period with all the food we tend to eat haha

And then blow all that good work over the festive period with all the food we tend to eat haha
haha, nah, eating a bunch of food isn't bad, it's just a matter of eating the RIGHT food.

Plus, we were going to do that anyways. Offsetting with physical activity is a huge benefit, which is what i wanted this thread to be about. The diet is a secondary option.

Sounds like it would be easier to just sit down for a while with a nice blanket and eat something with a lot of carbs/bread in it haha

Aren’t bread and beer the main reasons for exercising? :) They are for me!

We have a place called Breadsmith a few miles from our house(next to a grocery store and liquor store that we also frequent) that we buy bread
from a few days each week.

022F6FAC-F244-400C-8942-20687E77CB43.png0906D543-A11A-4F83-BE5C-5BB2CE9B0BA5.jpegf

Back