November Fitness Challenge

Not in the challenge....but just mowing the lawn today got me my 10,000 steps and 86 exercise minutes

I wasn't comfortable getting back on the treadmill just yet, my knee is still pretty messed up. The inside of my left knee burns pretty damn bad, and it hurts to walk or bend it. If it still hurts tomorrow, then I will just have to start lifting weights instead of running, which blows because I really need the cardio, but I don't want to do any kind of real damage to my knee. I will try to do a HIIT workout so I can at least get my heart rate up.

I have a rower that I can try, but that's usually bad for the herniated discs in my back. My last doctor told me to stay away from it, but maybe just a 15 minute session will be ok. I will listen to my body and see what it says. For now I am at least sticking to my healthier easting 6 days a week and 1 day of whatever I want. I will say, it's been 4 weeks and there has been no change, but I also know the scale doesn't mean a damn thing, so I am choosing to believe that somewhere internally changes are happening. Fat cells are shrinking, and soon I will notice the changes.....

My wife switched to the bike after she herniated a disc that required surgery. That might be worth a shot.

Doubled down on my exercising for the first time this month! Up to 45 minutes of exercise on the rower and I'm pretty damn proud of that. Normally I just don't have the patience, but it actually felt motivating today which is incredible.

Also started a new goal of 550 move goal and just locked that one down too. Not the easiest thing to do as a work at home guy. Yes sirrrr!

My wife switched to the bike after she herniated a disc that required surgery. That might be worth a shot.

We don’t have a stationary bike. I wish we did. I was actually thinking today that I would have totally done that if we had one. I have a home gym set up on the patio with a treadmill, rower, bench, weights, a TV, etc., but we don’t have a bike.

Last edited:
Back at it to start the week

1573523427492.png

We don’t have a stationary bike. I wish we did. I was actually thinking today that I would have totally done that if we had one. I have a home gym set up on the patio with a treadmill, tower, bench, weights, a TV, etc., but we don’t have a bike.

I need to get some weights. I've got kettlebells, which get me ~90% of the way there but there are some exercises they're not great for (and the gaps between weights are huge).

I bet you'd be able to find a decent bike pretty cheap if you had rooms. Exercise equipment is one of those things people buy and just stop using.

Doubled down on my exercising for the first time this month! Up to 45 minutes of exercise on the rower and I'm pretty damn proud of that. Normally I just don't have the patience, but it actually felt motivating today which is incredible.

Also started a new goal of 550 move goal and just locked that one down too. Not the easiest thing to do as a work at home guy. Yes sirrrr!
Yes! I like moving your goal up as your progress through the month! Gets you out of routines and into higher levels of fitness.

Still going, a little work on my swing in the sim added up to a lot of calories burned. I guess at least something good came out of this session it sure wasn’t my swing ?‍♂️
9F5649BF-CCF1-46B5-A67C-0659C614891A.png

Got my usual 60 push-ups and squats done for today, now about to leave the office for a meeting this afternoon

Rough day at work is probably putting the streak in jeopardy for the first time. Stuck here late on short notice. I've been doing the stairs on and off all day to get the ring up, but want to make sure I do a "real" workout too.

Rough day at work is probably putting the streak in jeopardy for the first time. Stuck here late on short notice. I've been doing the stairs on and off all day to get the ring up, but want to make sure I do a "real" workout too.

Sounds like 12oz curls are in your future

Sounds like 12oz curls are in your future

Got my workout in during lunch today, 30 minutes of strength training
1573590942381.png

Had my first day I wasn't able to get it done yesterday. With the weather turning and a fussy little guy at home, it just wasn't meant to be, as I was on dad duty all night.

That's ok, not taking that L and will get back to it tonight.

45 minute hot yoga class this morning followed by a 4 hr run.

Felt great.

Back to semi normal. 45 minute walk on the treadmill and strength training.
51573C36-0EE9-485E-921E-84D0922C5EFB.png

Got it done, but I am indeed, partaking in a drink or two tonight after a long day.

Had a good night of climbing, and they had a shoe demo there which was cool.

12 days in a row on the bike. It was not a big move day at 737 calories on the watch but enough to get the rings closed.

I’ve slacked a little with everything going on but crushed it again today

074FA25C-35DD-4390-8F1E-E452C34584CB.png

Back