November Fitness Challenge

Well after Monday being my first day I couldn’t get it all done, we’re back at it!

9833DCAB-6AEF-474F-8B48-762E1EB13EC6.png

Got my 110 pushups in, and did a longer yoga session last night. I'm still struggling with flexibility, and sometimes when I'm in a pose and supposed to be relaxed, I am anything but relaxed. But I can notice a decrease in my shoulder tension, which feels great!

The real benefit of this fitness kick is I’m sleeping like a teenager and my resting heart rate is down. I’ve only been at the daily cycling for 13 days but I have more energy and I can already tell that everything from carrying groceries up the stairs or working in the yard are easier. Now if I could get my improved fitness transfer to lower scores on the course!

BTW, the Apple Watch has a lot of cool stuff that tracks all sorts of heart data such as heart rate variability that I’m now educating myself about.

FB7CC512-5D04-45BB-984C-656F42A450B7.jpeg

Keeping up the routine with another 60 push-ups and squats again today

Might struggle a bit tomorrow as got multiple meetings off-site during the day :mad:

Yesterday’s effort.

5173849B-291E-4EAF-88EC-71BFB446C1F6.png

I didn’t get it done yesterday but I’m right back on the train today. It’s not my best but I feel good about getting it in.
205E8F42-C115-4E35-80DF-6F4CCF5456D5.png

Got mine in again today at lunch:

1573786325316.png

Make it 15 straight days!

So glad for this thread and you guys being a part of it with me.

Yep, loving this thread and I also closed out 15 days!

Managed to get my reps in during lunch, so kept up the weekday routine

I just figured out that my new Apple Watch didn’t have all my data including weight entered in my profile. Maybe that why it‘s been underestimating calories burned. Yesterday it said I burned 325 calories on my indoor bike ride while the Peloton recorded 541 calories. It will be interesting to see how close they are today after entering all my profile data. I’m guessing any of the smart watches are not very accurate when exercising on a stationary bike. Maybe I should wear it on my ankle, lol.

Was it 325 active calories or 325 total calories? The Peloton returns total calories, while the activity ring is calories above baseline. I'd actually wager the watch is closer to correct if it has all of your info, as it's using Heart Rate, rather than moition. And comparing it to my shure HR monitor it's pretty much spot on.

Another day, another 30+ minutes of activity. Keeping the streak alive. Light day after a really tough bike ride yesterday.

Was it 325 active calories or 325 total calories? The Peloton returns total calories, while the activity ring is calories above baseline. I'd actually wager the watch is closer to correct if it has all of your info, as it's using Heart Rate, rather than moition. And comparing it to my shure HR monitor it's pretty much spot on.

The Peloton is measuring heart rate from my monitor and has a power meter that gives me nearly identical readings to the Garmin power meter on my road bike. For me the Apple Watch reads lower active calories burned during an indoor bike ride but is very close to my Garmin or Peloton on an outdoor ride where it uses GPS that uses actual speed of the bike in the calculation.

Just got it in, it’s hard to do on the road but I’ll take it.
9BE3005F-4912-410B-8956-815E306D9859.png

Well I got my butt to the garage for a good workout this morning. I’ve been lacking in the motivation so far. 3 days a week would be great for me but I’ve been getting just 1. Hopefully this week is the new beginning.

Missed it yesterday, but a night at the trampoline park with the kids took care of today’s workout.

I failed to keep the streak alive on days 13 & 14. But I’m back at it and this thread was such a jump start back into the lifestyle I want to live. Thanks @Canadan for putting challenge out there. And for all of you for holding us all accountable by your buy in and RESULTS!

Just by the skin of my teeth today but still got it. I’m hoping I keep this going all winter, it’s got to be good for me though I really need to work on my diet on the road.

FCB552D5-1998-4E98-A1E1-2EE8EA3859E3.png

I failed to keep the streak alive on days 13 & 14. But I’m back at it and this thread was such a jump start back into the lifestyle I want to live. Thanks @Canadan for putting challenge out there. And for all of you for holding us all accountable by your buy in and RESULTS!
A couple days won't hurt you, just keep getting after it. Let's GO!

I love to workout. The best part of the day. I’m going to start on fasting between 8p to 8a to see what it does. I’m back on the road a lot and it allows me to make some bad food choices. Going to drink tons of water to feel full. But the workout is key every day every month

Spent a couple hours yesterday walking round a local market town and picking up a few gifts

This morning we have done the food shopping and now it is time for household chores so that will keep the activity levels up for the weekend

Missed my first day yesterday, but will be getting back in it today. Already getting started!

I missed yesterday between travel and my youngest niece’s birthday party but it felt good to get back on the train today.
8883AEBE-A54F-4780-B1EC-1505FEB61F3D.png

Back